Tide Transfers

Seeing Manning on the Bama sidelines would definitely give me the heebee jeebees. I like Kamara a lot but wish he would highlight his time at UT not his time at Bama. I don’t see how that is racist.
I can’t discern intent. I think the original commenter was saying it was a double standard if you accept Manning hanging out with a rival team, but not Kamara. That’s apparently not the case with you. I tend to see it as professionals being collegial, rather than disloyal. He sat with his former teammates, and watched a big game. I’m ok with it.

Having any Ill feelings towards Kamara being on the sidelines comes across as racist to me. Peyton Manning is literally everywhere. Did it "sit well" with you when he gave draft advice to Kenny Pickett or when he was in the NFL holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee.
Please stop with the "racist" tag when people make an opinion on someone. This wokeness is really getting old and frankly just plain stupid. When people make comments about others it is not always about skin color or lack thereof. Please tell Michelle high for me! Oh wait, that was racist. Good grief!

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Also.... The whole AK rants on here are riduculous... Absolutely ridiculous. Once we get to a NC I am sure he along with several others will be there. Let the man enjoy his friends... Geez!!!!
College football players can now become bandwagon fans to. Be like going to the club every NFL guy wants to be at the hottest club. The more and more this whole thing goes along the more and more it will become like the NFL. It will be more about business and less about football.

I can’t discern intent. I think the original commenter was saying it was a double standard if you accept Manning hanging out with a rival team, but not Kamara. That’s apparently not the case with you. I tend to see it as professionals being collegial, rather than disloyal. He sat with his former teammates, and watched a big game. I’m ok with it.
Kamara seems to be a good guy on and off the field and a great teammate. Lots of Vol fans were reluctant Tide fans for that game....so not that big of a deal. I just wish Kamara exhibited a little more pride in his time at UT - maybe he and Shy can go to a bowl game next year.

Seeing Manning on the Bama sidelines would definitely give me the heebee jeebees. I like Kamara a lot but wish he would highlight his time at UT not his time at Bama. I don’t see how that is racist.

Maybe he would if UT was in the NCG..............

After the other night, I’ve seen that as well. However, I’ve seen him adored and celebrated much much more. Looking back, the high majority were in support of him being the face of Neyland Stadium as it relates to the boards facing the river. Honestly, this is the first instance I’ve seen him vilified.
Don’t bother people with facts...they are too busy trashing the entire fanbase because a couple dozen people said something negative.

Reactions: GoVols9800
Having any Ill feelings towards Kamara being on the sidelines comes across as racist to me. Peyton Manning is literally everywhere. Did it "sit well" with you when he gave draft advice to Kenny Pickett or when he was in the NFL holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee.

There's a difference between Alabama amd all those others. You change that to Kamara was om Michigan's sideline during the game and few if any would even notice. Notice how much is said abot To'o to'o, and next to nothing about Crouch.

Kamara seems to be a good guy on and off the field and a great teammate. Lots of Vol fans were reluctant Tide fans for that game....so not that big of a deal. I just wish Kamara exhibited a little more pride in his time at UT - maybe he and Shy can go to a bowl game next year.
If we ever play in a big game again, we won’t have a shortage of people who want to jump on the train. The hard part is being a fan now.

Reactions: VAVol85
Some possible explanations could involve Peyton helping an individual vs. supporting a different team. Practices at Duke could be a product of his relationship with coach Cutcliffe. I think it's a huge stretch to try to explain fan reactions to Kamara patrolling the Alabubba sidelines by race.
Yeah I’ve observed lots of posts about this and never once did I think “racism.”
maybe you can make a case of hypocrisy……but race?

Not everyone or everything is about race….even in 2022

It wasn’t silent in reference to Peyton. A ton of folks were unhappy about that. I’ve seen Peyton take tons of flack for different reasons on this site. I’m my opinion, it’s apples and oranges because it’s Duke vs Bama. Duke is Duke and Bama is the most hated school and recruits a lot of the same players. It comes off as promoting another institution. Again, just the way I perceive it. GBO!

The only flak Peyton should get is endorsing Schiano as a coach.

There were 7 this morning. I am not one to insist on revisiting the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring, but it seems like these mass exoduses are going to be par for the course going forward. Lane said it's free agency and he is 100 percent correct. Kids don't transfer schools at this clip in the academic side of things, so why is it okay for a kid to just up and leave upon realizing he is not getting the playing time he was expecting? If we are being honest, D1 college athletes have limited (if any) allegiences to their schools. If Alabama (who just went to the national title game) can't keep players, who can? At every school, we are going to see rotating rosters/mercenaries ala the NBA. It was 5 years ago now that he played here, but something about seeing Kamara on the Alabama side-line in the title game didn't sit right with me. Having allegiences to two different schools is a normal thing now. IMO it goes against what makes most of us collegiate sports fans in the first place (loyalty to school), and the direction we are headed is going to turn alot of people off to the sport who were actually in it for the right reasons. Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.

one-punch.gif

Racist 🙄

Jeff1vol,Alvin was on the Bama sideline with his Saints teammate and friend,Mark Ingram.As another poster said,Alvin signed with Bama,it didn't work out,went to Hutchison and then Tennessee.He has always been very supportive and favorable to our Vols.You can get off his case!

There were 7 this morning. I am not one to insist on revisiting the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring, but it seems like these mass exoduses are going to be par for the course going forward. Lane said it's free agency and he is 100 percent correct. Kids don't transfer schools at this clip in the academic side of things, so why is it okay for a kid to just up and leave upon realizing he is not getting the playing time he was expecting? If we are being honest, D1 college athletes have limited (if any) allegiences to their schools. If Alabama (who just went to the national title game) can't keep players, who can? At every school, we are going to see rotating rosters/mercenaries ala the NBA. It was 5 years ago now that he played here, but something about seeing Kamara on the Alabama side-line in the title game didn't sit right with me. Having allegiences to two different schools is a normal thing now. IMO it goes against what makes most of us collegiate sports fans in the first place (loyalty to school), and the direction we are headed is going to turn alot of people off to the sport who were actually in it for the right reasons. Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.

It may take a year or two but the pace of entering the portal will slow if the data I saw recently is true. That being 76% of the kids who have entered the portal did not receive an offer. If they are recruited over in their original school (likely once they enter the portal) then they may have no scholorship and no team to play for. I think the rule is you can't recruit a player until he enters the portal. So there likely will be a lot of these kids that will "portal" themselves out of college and football.

Please, let's not make this about race! Orange and crimson are the only colors in play here.

OK so there are seven transfers from Tide. But are their any from All, Cheer, or Gain. After all, we need to keep our uniforms clean!

You’re an idiot Go away

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I remember Jabari Davis, Cedric Houston and a couple other players talking about attending the SEC championship game as fans because they had a lot of friends at UGA. Some were guys they knew growing up, some they met at camps.

The weren't on the sidelines, but I'm sure they would have been if they'd had access. I just don't see the big deal.

I think it was Jabari that famously/infamously said he picked UT over UGA "because he wanted to win titles"

while riding a packed MAARTA train full of UGA fans one of the guys (I believe it was Cedric) announced to all the passengers "hey everyone, meet Jabari Davis"

VN Store

Back