Tide Transfers

And you know this how genius? You’re everything that’s wrong with this world we live in. Accusing someone of being racist when they disagree with you. Do you know him personally? Coworker? Neighbor? Didn’t think so.
Actually he accused me of race baiting for disagreeing with him witch insighted the racist call. Your what's wrong with the world, jumping in without the use of context

Actually he accused me of race baiting for disagreeing with him witch insighted the racist call. Your what's wrong with the world, jumping in without the use of context
I saw the context. Doesn’t change anything. You’re the one that started the “racist” accusations. Must be fun living life like everyone’s racist. Hate it for you.

Having any Ill feelings towards Kamara being on the sidelines comes across as racist to me. Peyton Manning is literally everywhere. Did it "sit well" with you when he gave draft advice to Kenny Pickett or when he was in the NFL holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee.

Just stop with this "racist" BS. Bias possibly but the only person bringing race into the discussion is you. Your "black fragility" is showing.

But I do agree with you that ill feelings toward Kamara are not well-founded, especially considering he transferred to us from the bubbas - and you are right to compare it to Peyton in a general sense, who runs camps and clinics for players from many schools. Alvin Kamara put up with a ton {of butch bricks} to play at UT and he is a great representative for the school - back then and now.

Once they are in the NFL, they are ALL gunslingers for hire. Money first. But NIL and transfer portal being what they are (basically free agency for top athletes), that is likely to apply to NCAA ball now as well. The days of deep school allegiance have been replaced by the almighty buck for the top talent (but then, it was probably always that way, just less transparent before)

I saw the context. Doesn’t change anything. You’re the one that started the “racist” accusations. Must be fun living life like everyone’s racist. Hate it for you.

Trying to mimimalize valid points, just makes you look more racist.

The possible explanations for unfounded claims of racism have been well-documented.
1.The person has no friends, and by appearing to defame one ethnic group (usually their own) they think it may endear them to the other sect (it won't)
2.The person has stockholm syndrome, and has been surrounded by people who cry racism constantly so they learn to cry racism constantly themselves.
3.The person thinks that mainstream media and popular culture wont accept them unless they throw out a racism accusation every month or two.
4.The person is trying to fit-in with cancel culture, and calling someone a racist is an easy way to cancel someone.
5.The person is striving to help another ethnic group deal with being marginalized, so they extend a helping hand, only to realize that by doing so, they go against their own personal interests. This person is the most difficult racism accuser to identify, becacuse while they appear to be doing things out of altruism and kindness, it is actually only for appearances sake. When they have to deal with actual ramifications of their racism accusations they then double down all the while alienating their own actual beliefs and personal convictions.

Having any Ill feelings towards Kamara being on the sidelines comes across as racist to me. Peyton Manning is literally everywhere. Did it "sit well" with you when he gave draft advice to Kenny Pickett or when he was in the NFL holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee.
WOKE ALERT

You gotta be freaking kidding me with this take

Alvin Kamara has been my favorite Vol and still is. I didn’t enjoy him being on Bama’s sideline, and for someone to say that’s racist doesn’t even make sense. It’s because I like him that it sucked he was there. However, he mentions UT all the time and wouldn’t even make a pick in the game when asked. He wasn’t wearing Crimson and never claims Bama. Probably time for us to stop talking about it

Alvin Kamara has been my favorite Vol and still is. I didn’t enjoy him being on Bama’s sideline, and for someone to say that’s racist doesn’t even make sense. It’s because I like him that it sucked he was there. However, he mentions UT all the time and wouldn’t even make a pick in the game when asked. He wasn’t wearing Crimson and never claims Bama. Probably time for us to stop talking about it
Valid points. Thanks for bringing civility and common sense into this thread.

So just to understand you better. Any TN fan that got irritated seeing Kamara on Bamas sideline is racist? Is that what you are saying?
No. I said being upset with it comes across as racist and if you disagree with that, that's absolutely fine too, but too tell me my opinion isn't valid because you disagree with it is also going to come across as racist to me. I never said anyone had to agree with me and the people that I was direct towards, did exactly that.

No. I said being upset with it comes across as racist and if you disagree with that, that's absolutely fine too, but too tell me my opinion isn't valid because you disagree with it is also going to come across as racist to me. I never said anyone had to agree with me and the people that I was direct towards, did exactly that.[/QUOTE.
So you’re feelings were hurt? And you just automatically throw out there that myself and several others are racist? Makes complete sense 🙄

There were 7 this morning. I am not one to insist on revisiting the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring, but it seems like these mass exoduses are going to be par for the course going forward. Lane said it's free agency and he is 100 percent correct. Kids don't transfer schools at this clip in the academic side of things, so why is it okay for a kid to just up and leave upon realizing he is not getting the playing time he was expecting? If we are being honest, D1 college athletes have limited (if any) allegiences to their schools. If Alabama (who just went to the national title game) can't keep players, who can? At every school, we are going to see rotating rosters/mercenaries ala the NBA. It was 5 years ago now that he played here, but something about seeing Kamara on the Alabama side-line in the title game didn't sit right with me. Having allegiences to two different schools is a normal thing now. IMO it goes against what makes most of us collegiate sports fans in the first place (loyalty to school), and the direction we are headed is going to turn alot of people off to the sport who were actually in it for the right reasons. Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.

I suppose it's a reflection of total societal decline. For the health of the sport, these players should have to stay at the school they signed a LOI with for three years. After that they are free to transfer. We're probably not too far away from seeing a player play for four different schools in four years.

The ratings will continue to be horrible as long as Alabama and to a lesser extent the SEC dominates. Nationwide nobody wants to see a great but incredibly dull Alabama team win again. It's played out and it isn't compelling. College football needs other conferences to be better. It'd be great to see viable championship contenders outside of the SEC not named Ohio State.

Reactions: GoVols9800
There were 7 this morning. I am not one to insist on revisiting the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring, but it seems like these mass exoduses are going to be par for the course going forward. Lane said it's free agency and he is 100 percent correct. Kids don't transfer schools at this clip in the academic side of things, so why is it okay for a kid to just up and leave upon realizing he is not getting the playing time he was expecting? If we are being honest, D1 college athletes have limited (if any) allegiences to their schools. If Alabama (who just went to the national title game) can't keep players, who can? At every school, we are going to see rotating rosters/mercenaries ala the NBA. It was 5 years ago now that he played here, but something about seeing Kamara on the Alabama side-line in the title game didn't sit right with me. Having allegiences to two different schools is a normal thing now. IMO it goes against what makes most of us collegiate sports fans in the first place (loyalty to school), and the direction we are headed is going to turn alot of people off to the sport who were actually in it for the right reasons. Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.

"The fall 2011 cohort consisted of 2.8 million first-time students. Within their first six years, over one million of them continued their studies at a different institution, resulting in an overall transfer rate of 38.0 percent."

Seems the rate of NCAA Football Players, even with NIL, is lower than the average.

Racist? Do you even know what the concept means? You don’t even know these posters, at any level to include their ethnicity. Moran post.

You assume Saban wants those players.

No stop trying to put words in my mouth. You trying to mimialize my opinion because the buzz word offends you,makes your appear more racist.

Just stupid. Remember the uproar when Cade chose UGA? Remember the response to Douglas when he chose bama? Real racism exists, but when it's applied so casually and universally, it's like the boy who cried wolf. It simply carries no weight.

VN Store

Back