Tide Transfers

No. I said being upset with it comes across as racist and if you disagree with that, that's absolutely fine too, but too tell me my opinion isn't valid because you disagree with it is also going to come across as racist to me. I never said anyone had to agree with me and the people that I was direct towards, did exactly that.

So how is being upset with Kamara being on the Bama sideline racist though? Let me ask you something. Do you not think TN fans wouldn’t have been upset with Peyton if he were on the Ole Miss sideline? Would that be racist?

Also, why are you bringing race into it?

No stop trying to put words in my mouth. You trying to mimialize my opinion because the buzz word offends you,makes your appear more racist.
Buzz word? Racist is a buzz word? Not even close bro. Racist is a derogatory word that attacks someone’s character and moral compass. Quit throwing it around haphazardly

Not sure about racist, but Alvin Kamara signed with Alabama out of high school, injured his knee in pre-season, red shirted his freshman year. He got into hot water for off the field issues, and transferred to Hutchinson CC before landing at Tennessee.

And the silence regarding Peyton holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee? The gripe was about how Vol fans vilify Karma for being on the Bama sideline, but the silence when Peyton trains Blue Devils instead of Vols players. It's about chocolate vs. vanilla attitudinal perceptions. Frankly, I think the whole thing is toddler-level silly. Peyton for example is a golf-buddy of a guy I don't care for nor trust. So is Tiger. But unless you're designated their probation officer or presiding judge, you don't tell a grown man who his friends can and can't be or who he can teach. It's just childish and silly. Minding your own business works wonders, least I've been told.

Last edited:
Reactions: kcvols1
It wasn’t silent in reference to Peyton. A ton of folks were unhappy about that. I’ve seen Peyton take tons of flack for different reasons on this site. I’m my opinion, it’s apples and oranges because it’s Duke vs Bama. Duke is Duke and Bama is the most hated school and recruits a lot of the same players. It comes off as promoting another institution. Again, just the way I perceive it. GBO!

There were 7 this morning. I am not one to insist on revisiting the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring, but it seems like these mass exoduses are going to be par for the course going forward. Lane said it's free agency and he is 100 percent correct. Kids don't transfer schools at this clip in the academic side of things, so why is it okay for a kid to just up and leave upon realizing he is not getting the playing time he was expecting? If we are being honest, D1 college athletes have limited (if any) allegiences to their schools. If Alabama (who just went to the national title game) can't keep players, who can? At every school, we are going to see rotating rosters/mercenaries ala the NBA. It was 5 years ago now that he played here, but something about seeing Kamara on the Alabama side-line in the title game didn't sit right with me. Having allegiences to two different schools is a normal thing now. IMO it goes against what makes most of us collegiate sports fans in the first place (loyalty to school), and the direction we are headed is going to turn alot of people off to the sport who were actually in it for the right reasons. Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.
Someone else has exact numbers but that isn't true. I want to say it is more than 30% that do not finish college where they start.

Also it would be that "free agency" if not for one thing. A kid gets one shot to correct his "error". There are lots of reasons kids will transfer and not all of them have to do with PT or expected PT. A DB entered the portal from OU yesterday who was expected to be a big piece of their D going forward. We don't know his reasons unless he publicly states them. Maybe he just didn't like the area like he thought he would. I spent 3 months in the OKC area. It is the worst part of the country I've visited. The weather was terrible. People weren't friendly. Tulsa is pretty nice. OKC isn't.

There were 7 this morning. I am not one to insist on revisiting the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring, but it seems like these mass exoduses are going to be par for the course going forward. Lane said it's free agency and he is 100 percent correct. Kids don't transfer schools at this clip in the academic side of things, so why is it okay for a kid to just up and leave upon realizing he is not getting the playing time he was expecting? If we are being honest, D1 college athletes have limited (if any) allegiences to their schools. If Alabama (who just went to the national title game) can't keep players, who can? At every school, we are going to see rotating rosters/mercenaries ala the NBA. It was 5 years ago now that he played here, but something about seeing Kamara on the Alabama side-line in the title game didn't sit right with me. Having allegiences to two different schools is a normal thing now. IMO it goes against what makes most of us collegiate sports fans in the first place (loyalty to school), and the direction we are headed is going to turn alot of people off to the sport who were actually in it for the right reasons. Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.

It’s laughable how misguided some are on here. How many of these programs have loyalty to the coaches or kids playing for them? It’s a business yet people get pissed about kids treating it that way. Basically there is no loyalty in sports anymore.

Reactions: SpookyAction
vol fans definitely vilify Karma
After the other night, I’ve seen that as well. However, I’ve seen him adored and celebrated much much more. Looking back, the high majority were in support of him being the face of Neyland Stadium as it relates to the boards facing the river. Honestly, this is the first instance I’ve seen him vilified.

Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.

Key Facts. Monday's national championship game drew 22.6 million viewers across ESPN's broadcasts, a 19% increase compared to last year's final, ESPN said Tuesday. Nearly 30% of all television viewers tuned into Monday's game, a record high market share for any national championship game, according to ESPN

Why should we be surprised, we have a government that forgives student loans?

Only in very limited circumstances, e.g. where fraud of the institution was found, the student later became a disabled veteran, or worked 1/3 of their career in public service while making their payments on time.

In the words of Linus van Pelt, “those are good reasons.”

Next time we're in the NC game we can get Kamara to stand on our sideline.

Not sure why he would want to. When he was here our coach was such a dimwit he couldn’t even see what he had sitting on his bench. I’m sure he has mixed feelings about here. But now that he’s a star in the league, we plaster his pic on the stadium and claim him as one of our legendary players. It was a giant swing and a miss on our part.

Reactions: Hyperion
show me the money that what they want. there needs to be a rule on how much they can make. so the smaller school can keep their player.

Now THAT’s Marxist!

F56A9A79-444F-4FCD-B0CC-BA525BEE8C0F.gif

They can only transfer once without sitting out, correct? I'm ok with one time. 2nd time should require 1 year ineligibility, JMO.

I think the SEC already put this into place. Not sure whether the other conferences would be willing to follow suit.

I could see the Group of 5 conferences refusing to follow suit

Key Facts. Monday's national championship game drew 22.6 million viewers across ESPN's broadcasts, a 19% increase compared to last year's final, ESPN said Tuesday. Nearly 30% of all television viewers tuned into Monday's game, a record high market share for any national championship game, according to ESPN
And this is honestly why I didn’t like the fact that Kamara was on the Bama sideline. I know this was not in reference to Kamara and the reason you posted it, however, whether he meant to promote the Alabama brand or not, he did by making it look like he is a product of that program and continues to strengthen that brand. As we know, Bama doesn’t need anymore help with that. Lol. And we need all the help we can get. It may seem petty and it may be but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I still like Kamara and thankful he played for our university but in my opinion he doesn’t need to be on our stadium if he’s out there promoting multiple programs. Can’t see Al Wilson, Reggie White, or Jason Witten doing that.

Was expecting something like this. UGA and Bama aren't going to be able to stack depth like they used to.....it'll leave for playing time, just as they are now. That said, they might be able to reload it, but retaining it for now isn't what it was.

If we want a 8-12 team playoff, and have it be any good, there's gonna have to be better parity. This much talent moving around can only help that, especially in the SEC. Anyway, this is going to erode their advantage in terms of talent/depth.

Heck, it may cause Saban to retire soon......all his recruiting hitting the portal every year can be demoralizing. Let's see if he cries a river over the next week.

Link to him cheering?

Simply being on their sideline is showing "support" enough for me! I highly doubt he was on their sideline talking ****. Whatever makes you feel better about the situation is up to you. I'm fine with that. Too me... its a ridiculous slap in the face to UT and it's fanbase. Again... how much money do you what to bet that you'll NEVER see Al Wilson on Bama's sidelines. IDGAF if one of my Sons were playing for Bama and I had the chance... it ain't happening. Ever. And they would know better than to even ask! I'll gladly sit in the stands and wonder what I could've done to drive my kid to Gumpland. ;)

Having any Ill feelings towards Kamara being on the sidelines comes across as racist to me. Peyton Manning is literally everywhere. Did it "sit well" with you when he gave draft advice to Kenny Pickett or when he was in the NFL holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee.
It's not like he had the option to stand on Tennessee's side line for that game.

Simply being on their sideline is showing "support" enough for me! I highly doubt he was on their sideline talking ****. Whatever makes you feel better about the situation is up to you. I'm fine with that. Too me... its a ridiculous slap in the face to UT and it's fanbase. Again... how much money do you what to bet that you'll NEVER see Al Wilson on Bama's sidelines. IDGAF if one of my Sons were playing for Bama and I had the chance... it ain't happening. Ever. And they would know better than to even ask! I'll gladly sit in the stands and wonder what I could've done to drive my kid to Gumpland. ;)

I love the passion. If I had a kid and they went to one of the unholy trinity(Alabama, Florida or Georgia) it'd be hard not to disown them.

anytving that disrupts the status quo of schools having too much talent and letting the extra talent slip through cracks that helps weaken the overly powerful is a good thing in my opinion.

College football needs more parity.

Was expecting something like this. UGA and Bama aren't going to be able to stack depth like they used to.....it'll leave for playing time, just as they are now. That said, they might be able to reload it, but retaining it for now isn't what it was.

If we want a 8-12 team playoff, and have it be any good, there's gonna have to be better parity. This much talent moving around can only help that, especially in the SEC. Anyway, this is going to erode their advantage in terms of talent/depth.
Heck, it may cause Saban to retire soon......all his recruiting hitting the portal every year can be demoralizing. Let's see if he cries a river over the next week.

Most of those players were ones who Saban wanted gone or doesn't mind going. The Sanders kid was one exception. He brings in one of the best RBs in the country as well as one of the best DBs. The transfer portal actually helps the top programs.

Most of those players were ones who Saban wanted gone or doesn't mind going. The Sanders kid was one exception. He brings in one of the best RBs in the country as well as one of the best DBs. The transfer portal actually helps the top programs.

Sure, it'll help them.......but he's going to start facing his two deep on the other side of the ball a lot more. His competition just got a lot better in a hurry and his two deep isn't going to be as much of an advantage. Annually.

And this is honestly why I didn’t like the fact that Kamara was on the Bama sideline. I know this was not in reference to Kamara and the reason you posted it, however, whether he meant to promote the Alabama brand or not, he did by making it look like he is a product of that program and continues to strengthen that brand. As we know, Bama doesn’t need anymore help with that. Lol. And we need all the help we can get. It may seem petty and it may be but it just left a bad taste in my mouth. I still like Kamara and thankful he played for our university but in my opinion he doesn’t need to be on our stadium if he’s out there promoting multiple programs. Can’t see Al Wilson, Reggie White, or Jason Witten doing that.

I feel what you are saying but you simply can't compare today's kids to those of a past era. So different in every way. Its a business so much more so even than it was then.

Reactions: GoVols9800
And he should be able to watch a football game on any sideline that welcomes him. The posters original point was that Manning (and many others) do.
Seeing Manning on the Bama sidelines would definitely give me the heebee jeebees. I like Kamara a lot but wish he would highlight his time at UT not his time at Bama. I don’t see how that is racist.

Reactions: GoVols9800
I feel what you are saying but you simply can't compare today's kids to those of a past era. So different in every way. Its a business so much more so even than it was then.
Good point and I agree with you about it being different. Saying all of that, if it is just business and there will be no more loyalty then we as fans and institution have as much right to quit being loyal to the players as well. Take his face off of everything Tennessee (stadium board) if he’s promoting another team “competitor”. KFC wouldn’t want an employer of theirs promoting CFA. I know this is going overboard lol. But this is the college athletics world we live in.

VN Store

Back