Tide Transfers

There were 7 this morning. I am not one to insist on revisiting the rule that you have to sit out a year after transferring, but it seems like these mass exoduses are going to be par for the course going forward. Lane said it's free agency and he is 100 percent correct. Kids don't transfer schools at this clip in the academic side of things, so why is it okay for a kid to just up and leave upon realizing he is not getting the playing time he was expecting? If we are being honest, D1 college athletes have limited (if any) allegiences to their schools. If Alabama (who just went to the national title game) can't keep players, who can? At every school, we are going to see rotating rosters/mercenaries ala the NBA. It was 5 years ago now that he played here, but something about seeing Kamara on the Alabama side-line in the title game didn't sit right with me. Having allegiences to two different schools is a normal thing now. IMO it goes against what makes most of us collegiate sports fans in the first place (loyalty to school), and the direction we are headed is going to turn alot of people off to the sport who were actually in it for the right reasons. Also, the ratings for the title game were horrendous.

Shut up grandpa. It’s happened to us at times. Glad to see it happen to others. And separately, it should be allowed anyway. The schools on top sign more players every cycle than they could ever have spits for. There’s 22 total starters and they’ll have 100+ on the team. If it was my kid that choose a school and then showed up and couldn’t get an opportunity after a solid couple of years…I’d be begging then to transfer.

Cant a guy watch a football game with his friends and support his current teammates without his loyalty being questioned? Or his actions being judged out pettiness? The double standard is obvious and a bad look across the board.
Curious as to which current teammates of AK were playing for Bama Monday night? I was under the impression that AK played for the Saints, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: GoVols9800
Players chasing playing time should be expected. Players chasing NIL $ should be expected too.

It’s been said that A&M spent $30 million on this year’s class. I’m wondering if any will red shirt or will they start all these freshmen.

He was there with Mark Ingram.
Ah, gotcha. I have friend who has a friend who plays basketball at Kentucky so I should probably go and support Kentucky, maybe I’m just a bad friend.

It seems to me like you’re only defending him bc of his race.

Reactions: GoVols9800
This years transfer portal has a lot to do with the very few on campus visits starting in March 2020. I'm sure the NIL has some to do with it but there was no way to get an accurate view of a school or program for a solid 12 months. Also with the majority of players who entered the portal still there, more stats will come out to inform players in the future of whether or not its worth the risk.

Ah, gotcha. I have friend who has a friend who plays basketball at Kentucky so I should probably go and support Kentucky, maybe I’m just a bad friend.

Nah I'm defending him because the whole notion is an absurd reason to hate on him and It is racist when you consider the reactions to other players. Peyton Manning is a great example for it specifically. When he's on the sidelines, he's a great ambassador for the program, but when Kamara it's a slight to your feelings.

Reactions: volsofsteele
Nah I'm defending him because the whole notion is an absurd reason to hate on him and It is racist when you consider the reactions to other players. Peyton Manning is a great example for it specifically. When he's on the sidelines, he's a great ambassador for the program, but when Kamara it's a slight to your feelings.
Show me when Peyton was on the sidelines of an Alabama game and I’ll criticize him too, but until you do, you’re race baiting and causing a problem that isn’t there.

What the hell does Alvin Kamara and racism have to do with the 7 guys that transferred from Alabama?

I was hoping there would be some mention of the actual players that transferred and whether TN may get in on any of them.

This thread went off the rails slightly LOL

Having any Ill feelings towards Kamara being on the sidelines comes across as racist to me. Peyton Manning is literally everywhere. Did it "sit well" with you when he gave draft advice to Kenny Pickett or when he was in the NFL holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee.

Of course it is, everything is racism now.

I find it interesting that when athletes are treated equal to everyone else, fans find that they are being inconvenienced and feel like they have no "control" over their team!
Literally, every non-athelete scholarship student can switch schools, have a job, sell their ideas, or themselves (their likeness) FOREVER, with no penalty, whatsoever.

Somehow, people being "owned" was a good thing!?

I understand why the folks at the top of the money chain hate the NIL and the transfer portal, cause they may make less money and have to work harder for what they get because of what they have been given through rules and regulations.

I can't understand how middle class wage earners (average fan) gets mad about middle class folks getting ahead. Ill never get it!!!!!

Reactions: majinVol
Having any Ill feelings towards Kamara being on the sidelines comes across as racist to me. Peyton Manning is literally everywhere. Did it "sit well" with you when he gave draft advice to Kenny Pickett or when he was in the NFL holding practices at Duke instead of Tennessee.
Here we go! Bringing race into everything. Nice reach. I guess that’s normal in this “woke” world we live in. First of all, Duke and Pittsburg aren’t hated rivals and a team most kids raised in Tennessee are taught to loathe. So using that as a comparison doesn’t hold water. Also, Peyton or most Tennessee players would never stand on an SEC rivals sideline during. National Championship game. All that does is promote that school by saying to high school recruits that have no idea Kamara played at UT automatically assume he played and graduated from Bama. They could see it as one of the catalysts for getting him in the league. Smart by Bama but a slap in the face to UT fans. I get that you may think it’s not a big deal but to bring race into it is childish.

Having a former player (who's picture graces Neyland Stadium) should NOT be hanging out on Bama's sidelines, cheering on our biggest and most hated rival!! WTF are you people talking about? His pic needs to come down yesterday! Peyton is sitting in a Sky Box like any normal big wig. Totally different. If you cant tell the difference, I don't know how to help you.
100% agree with you.

Your situation is not even close. It was his friend and teammate not some 6 degrees situation

Reactions: volsofsteele
Having a former player (who's picture graces Neyland Stadium) should NOT be hanging out on Bama's sidelines, cheering on our biggest and most hated rival!! WTF are you people talking about? His pic needs to come down yesterday! Peyton is sitting in a Sky Box like any normal big wig. Totally different. If you cant tell the difference, I don't know how to help you.
Link to him cheering?

And he should be able to watch a football game on any sideline that welcomes him. The posters original point was that Manning (and many others) do.
I concur.
A good rule would be if you commit, you have to stay at the school you commit to for at least 2 years. Kids should learn what "commitment" means.
Ever been divorced?

VN Store

Back