Thunderstruck at Neyland: Lightshow

Given all the bad luck the past few years, and COVID still making people sick or putting them in the grave, I am super thankful we are playing so much better and there seems to be some good wind in the VOLS sails. Good with Thunderstruck. Good with Pride of the Southland classic pre game and running thorough the T. Love the light show! Go Vols! Beat Vandy and win the bowl game.

Reactions: 24/7vol
I’m very much a traditionalist but I agree. The Ole Miss game and light show was absolutely stunning! The crowd, the fly over fighter jets, the nip in the air…it was electric for sure! And the band was perfection as well!
That was my wife's first game in Neyland... couldn't have chosen a better one. She was most impressed with the band.

I love it.
But it really does feel more like WWE than a college football game. That said, it kinda makes sense that people got so fired up (to throw things on the field) at the ole miss game. It’s like that old Ray Stevens song Blue Cyclone, where his buddy threw a chair in the ring…

Some kind of lights were going on/off Sat night after every Vol TD - same at Alabama
Alabama doesn’t own the patent on flashing lights after a TD. That’s like saying don’t cheer after a touchdown because that’s what so and so does.

Yeah. Hate that the times they are achangin’. I so enjoyed the day when I could get up and walk to the TV and flip among the 3 channels we had (4 if the weather was good). And back in the day when you had avoid tripping on a 50’ long cord that was attached to the telephone.
I have to turndown the color setting on all my TV's to get a black and white picture. Can't find a decent floor console black and white set in the Sears catalog anymore.

curtis-mathes-color-televisions-and-stereo-consoles.jpg

Bama also have that annoying ass elephant, 2nd to only Oklahomas band lead up to snap...damn I really hate that

This is pretty cool. I like the way they’re doing this. It gets the crowd fired up and into it. It’s beautiful. Nothing like a Saturday night there. Wow! I think we need more night games? GBO!

What crowd? I mean seriously, was there long lines at the Johns or the beer stops? Did a bunch of gnats buy tickets? I see a 5h1tload of empty seats. Back in the late 60's and early 70s when they had a freshman team, I saw a bigger crowd than this, and they takes into account the upper decks weren''t finished then.

Bud I gotta assume this is running people off, not firing them up. My conclusion is this: They need to get things rolling on promotion. Start off by saying bye to Bob, getting KNS to axe John Adams, and replacing them with people worth their salt in getting fans to show up. It looks like social distancing run amok. You might call this pretty cool, I call it pathetic!

What crowd? I mean seriously, was there long lines at the Johns or the beer stops? Did a bunch of gnats buy tickets? I see a 5h1tload of empty seats. Back in the late 60's and early 70s when they had a freshman team, I saw a bigger crowd than this, and they takes into account the upper decks weren''t finished then.

Bud I gotta assume this is running people off, not firing them up. My conclusion is this: They need to get things rolling on promotion. Start off by saying bye to Bob, getting KNS to axe John Adams, and replacing them with people worth their salt in getting fans to show up. It looks like social distancing run amok. You might call this pretty cool, I call it pathetic!
You know what they say about assuming.

Reactions: CPA

Laughing at anybody that thinks it's KNS responsibilty to get people to attend a game.

VN Store

Back