Thoughts on Olivier Nkamhoua?

I said similar...AKA a Jalen Johnson or as you’ve declared a Drew Pember? Or maybe even a Kwe Parker?

Well this is simple. There is one way to be 110% sure you get a Zach kent type player and that’s to keep Zach Kent

Replacing him with a living breathing body gives a great chance to upgrade and unless you don’t think Barnes is capable of getting better than Kent surely you’d take that chance

Well this is simple. There is one way to be 110% you get a Zach kent type player and that’s to keep Zach Kent

Replacing him with a living breathing body gives a great chance to upgrade and unless you don’t think Barnes is capable of getting better than Kent surely you’d take that chance

As Chris already has mentioned, taking someone just to take someone isn’t always the best idea...the staff recruited other guys and didn’t land them, see Jalen Cone & Kerry Blackshear.

As Chris already has mentioned, taking someone just to take someone isn’t always the best idea...the staff recruited other guys and didn’t land them, see Jalen Cone & Kerry Blackshear.

Taking someone over Kent isn’t just taking someone to take someone

Now taking someone over Olivier or even Jalen Johnson might be a negative But you simply can’t with a straight face claim anything other replacing Kent would have been a talent upgrade

Taking someone over Kent isn’t just taking someone to take someone

Now taking someone over Olivier or even Jalen Johnson might be a negative But you simply can’t with a straight face claim anything other replacing Kent would have been a talent upgrade

Never said it wouldn’t, but if you add a Ray Kasongo or Kwe Parker and they’re a lockeroom cancer did that “talent” increase out weigh the lockeroom drop off that occurred?

How many wins does another Drew Pember give us last year? Jalen Johnson? Ray Kasongo?

lmao so not only did you argue with Chris about carrying open scholarships and when, but now you’re going to declare that the open spot in the fall doesn’t count either. Goodness gracious.

Dude it’s simple
we carried open spots because of the initial number we set out to sign each year.

if you set out to sign what you have on paper without attrition in mind you are setting yourself up to be under 13 once attrition occurs. That’s the cost of doing business when you are loyal to dead weight and don’t account for NBA departures and other attrition

Never said it wouldn’t, but if you add a Ray Kasongo or Kwe Parker and they’re a lockeroom cancer did that “talent” increase out weigh the lockeroom drop off that occurred?

How many wins does another Drew Pember give us last year? Jalen Johnson? Ray Kasongo?

I have agreed with you lockerrom
Chemistry is a factor

Dude it’s simple
we carried open spots because of the initial number we set out to sign each year.

if you set out to sign what you have on paper without attrition in mind you are setting yourself up to be under 13 once attrition occurs. That’s the cost of doing business when you are loyal to dead weight and don’t account for NBA departures and other attrition
So we set out to sign under the limit when we took Johnson and Parker? That’s how missing on Jenkins allowed us to sign 2? Again, interesting math.

Ok, so then it’s not that cut and dry. And acting as if having Kent alone cost us wins last year is a very narrow way of looking at it.

Agree it’s not that cut and dry due to chemistry but let’s not act like other attrition was managed. Barnes should have been able to handle getting rid of Kent and not losing his lockerrom

Agree it’s not that cut and dry due to chemistry but let’s not act like other attrition was managed. Barnes should have been able to handle getting rid of Kent and not losing his lockerrom

He had the winningest 2 year regular season stretch in program history with Kent on the roster, I’m gonna say he probably knew what he was doing.

He had the winningest 2 year regular season stretch in program history with Kent on the roster, I’m gonna say he probably knew what he was doing.

Look if you aren’t willing to understand that signing a player that doesn’t do anything for 3 years doesn’t have consequences in the win/L column I can’t help you

AND add the fact that the year we needed him we also had other failures in Burns and walker along with first year players that weren’t ready to play in Pember and Olivier you can easily see those consequences

Dead wrong ??

You happy with the signings of burns, walker , kent , pember, uros and Olivier ?

from my seat that’s 5 signings that directly resulted in a bad year last year
In true Bruin fashion, you are broadening the subject (some would call it moving the target), now.

As far as Kent's existence inhibiting us from signing any one certain player over the past two off-seasons when we carried an open scholarship into the following season, you're dead wrong, and I'm not interested in furthering the discussion. You don't have to agree with it, but you've yet to produce a compelling argument to convince anyone otherwise.

Now...Burns, Walker, Kent, Uros, Pember, and Nkamhoua being bad signings is an entirely different, and much broader topic, and not one I've begun to discuss in our recent back and forth.

Reactions: butchna
Look if you aren’t willing to understand that signing a player that doesn’t do anything for 3 years doesn’t have consequences in the win/L column I can’t help you

AND add the fact that the year we needed him we also had other failures in Burns and walker along with first year players that weren’t ready to play in Pember and Olivier you can easily see those consequences
Absolutely, you listed many issues, agree completely.

In true Bruin fashion, you are broadening the subject (some would call it moving the target), now.

As far as Kent's existence inhibiting us from signing any one certain player over the past two off-seasons when we carried an open scholarship into the following season, you're dead wrong, and I'm not interested in furthering the discussion. You don't have to agree with it, but you've yet to produce a compelling argument to convince anyone otherwise.

Now...Burns, Walker, Kent, Uros, Pember, and Nkamhoua being bad signings is an entirely different, and much broader topic, and not one I've begun to discuss in our recent back and forth.

They are most certainly connected

Put kent on a great deep roster and you don’t feel the consequences of signing and keeping him but yea when the list of other bad misses in recruiting add up you have more Ls than you should have

They are most certainly connected

Put kent on a great deep roster and you don’t feel the consequences of signing and keeping him but yea when the list of other bad misses in recruiting add up you have more Ls than you should have

We should probably consider Grant Williams and Jordan Bone misses as well since they only stayed 3 years and we MISSED out on their 4th year?

VN Store

Back