Thoughts after game 1?

My perspective is that we look like a finesse "west coast" type of team vs a tough, physical SEC program. Always different paths to an end. Just wonder how we will respond when some team smacks us in the mouth.
This is a very solid perspective. I agree it worries me about not being able to line up and play smash mouth football. It’s all honesty though SEC football isn’t what it was in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. You can win in this day in age without a powerful line as long as you have athletes across the field

My perspective is that we look like a finesse "west coast" type of team vs a tough, physical SEC program. Always different paths to an end. Just wonder how we will respond when some team smacks us in the mouth.
Our boys responded pretty well to all challengers last season. No reason to think any different. We all know we need more players and contributors. Our staff is addressing those needs but we can't get get them all at once. We also rotated a lot of guys against BS. That said its a new group of guys but I do see team speed being improved vs last season, tackling for game 1 I liked. All that said we wont be Vanilla next week. The rotations will be cut and we start to find out who are players on this team. Sampson looked good to me, I also like seeing Joesph out on the edge making a few plays. Hadden is our best guy in the DB group also liked TMac

We used the vanilla excuse for Jeremy Pruitt too. How did that go? Defense was bad last year, so far although early it doesn’t look good either. 0 sacks is embarrassing against Ball state

Be careful the sensitive people here will get upset. Overall I was a little disappointed in our defense. I think our defense is still good enough that we beat Pitt.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
This is a very solid perspective. I agree it worries me about not being able to line up and play smash mouth football. It’s all honesty though SEC football isn’t what it was in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. You can win in this day in age without a powerful line as long as you have athletes across the field
You have to be good upfront if you want to win the SEC. The proof is there to see. Having said that, folks calling our defense finesse after 1 game are jumping the gun a little. And we will continue to get more physical as time goes. Your not going to consistently beat the best teams in the SEC if your not competitive at the LOS, that is fact! GBO

VN Store

Back