Thor: Love and Thunder (July 8, 2022)

😂👇

Thor: Love and Thunder has been Rated PG-13 by the MPAA due to "intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, language, some suggestive material, and partial nudity.”

Saw it today.

Not really spoilers but using the tag just because I don’t want to influence someone else’s opinion before seeing it.

I felt like it went waaaaay overboard on the humor. They let Waititi off the leash and he pushed it a little too far IMO. They’ve turned Thor into the caricature from the Daryl shorts.

There were definitely some cool parts but overall I was underwhelmed. And Ragnarok is probably in my top 3-5 MCU films so this was a let down.

Saw it with my kids (who liked it) and their 5 teenage cousins who all hated it. It was one nephews birthday and this was his idea to all go see it together. He bought a shirt just for this movie and the Hammer popcorn tin souvenir before going in. He came out saying it was the worst Marvel film to date.

I don’t know… I still give that title to IM3. I’ll probably watch it one more time when it hits D+.

Saw it today.

Not really spoilers but using the tag just because I don’t want to influence someone else’s opinion before seeing it.

I felt like it went waaaaay overboard on the humor. They let Waititi off the leash and he pushed it a little too far IMO. They’ve turned Thor into the caricature from the Daryl shorts.

There were definitely some cool parts but overall I was underwhelmed. And Ragnarok is probably in my top 3-5 MCU films so this was a let down.

Saw it with my kids (who liked it) and their 5 teenage cousins who all hated it. It was one nephews birthday and this was his idea to all go see it together. He bought a shirt just for this movie and the Hammer popcorn tin souvenir before going in. He came out saying it was the worst Marvel film to date.

I don’t know… I still give that title to IM3. I’ll probably watch it one more time when it hits D+.
I don't like the sound of that. Ragnarok was one of my favorite MCU movies and I had high expectations for this one.

I don't like the sound of that. Ragnarok was one of my favorite MCU movies and I had high expectations for this one.
Just finished seeing in.

Taking the wife and baby to the drive in theater later so we can all see together.

I enjoyed it! I can see why some would be indifferent about it. The larger these movies get the harder it is to live up to expectations. But so far; I'm enjoying the new world building all these new movies are doing. More of that in this one.

Really enjoyed Gorr as a character.

just turned Ragnarok on for my 2.5 yo.

😬 yeah wasnt ready for that one. the scene with Sartur with Zepp playing got nixed by wife. i protested by saying it's zeppelin, she was unmoved

Just saw it. It's ok, but I'd list it at the bottom of the Thor movies. Constant jokes, and most were not funny. The beginning 20 minutes was pretty good

Tried to hard with the wokeness. I don't mind some, but this was overkill

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Minions, rise of Gru was pretty good. I love those little critters, and it made me laugh. Oh, this isn't about Thor you say? That's because living with a house full of females your entire marriage/fatherhood, you get out voted on everything, including having to watch minions over Thor 🤣🤣. We're going Thursday to watch that.

Minions, rise of Gru was pretty good. I love those little critters, and it made me laugh. Oh, this isn't about Thor you say? That's because living with a house full of females your entire marriage/fatherhood, you get out voted on everything, including having to watch minions over Thor 🤣🤣. We're going Thursday to watch that.
My girls are with their grandparents this weekend.

So, turned Ragnarok BACK on last night. Had to pry the wife and baby away at bedtime. Neither knew it was the same film they complained about night before.

Reactions: joevol33
Saw it today.

So wait for D+; got it.

Reactions: BenGrimm
Read a theory that you are supposed to view this movie through the lens of Korg as an unreliable narrator. It does make sense and fixes some of the problems.

I enjoyed it. Definitely heavy on the comedy, but it had it’s poignant moments also. Loved the cameos and the goats.

Just saw it. It's ok, but I'd list it at the bottom of the Thor movies. Constant jokes, and most were not funny. The beginning 20 minutes was pretty good

Tried to hard with the wokeness. I don't mind some, but this was overkill

I agree 100%. It was lame. Too many bad jokes. Thor was made into a weak idiot who had to be saved by his woman. Thankfully they covered all the Disney required LGBTQ bases. :rolleyes:

I agree 100%. It was lame. Too many bad jokes. Thor was made into a weak idiot who had to be saved by his woman. Thankfully they covered all the Disney required LGBTQ bases. :rolleyes:

Valkyrie was alluded to being gay or bisexual as early as the 1970s. Korg is a rock creature that only has “males”.

But yeah… it’s the Disney agenda to trigger Karen’s by giving the queer characters 2 min to discuss their love life 🙄

Valkyrie was alluded to being gay or bisexual as early as the 1970s. Korg is a rock creature that only has “males”.

But yeah… it’s the Disney agenda to trigger Karen’s by giving the queer characters 2 min to discuss their love life 🙄

You know it's really hard to argue these people aren't being homophobic when they literally bitch every time something not 100% heterosexual is shown. Like literally every time. Never believe these people when they claim they don't care if they are gay, because they 100% do.

You know it's really hard to argue these people aren't being homophobic when they literally bitch every time something not 100% heterosexual is shown. Like literally every time. Never believe these people when they claim they don't care if they are gay, because they 100% do.

It’s literally a 2-3mi conversation about lost love in the context of the two hetero leads.

But y’know… “Disney bad”

VN Store

Back