Thompson-Boling Arena Thread

Seems like we get a lot of threads started asking about TBA and people going for the first time so here’s a thread for that if you have any questions about parking, restaurants, or anything else here ya go

Market Square is not far from campus and has a lot of good restaurants and often has free live music. Usually a lively atmosphere after big games

Wish I could be there for the game. Wanted to see us play in Gainesville, but couldn’t get there. It should be a super fun night and an awesomely great game! Have fun.

Hey guys and gals, next Saturday will be my first game at TBA to watch the Florida game. Any tips to make the most of it?
Thanks in advance!
If you don't have tickets go early.. Like 2pm. Parking is free and very easy and convenient at the AG lot, with free shuttle to Thompson Boling.

Reactions: coachjp6
Will be there Tuesday night in section 109 bringing it! Will be my wife’s first trip to TBA. Go Vols! Destroy Cuonzo’s boys.

If you don't have tickets go early.. Like 2pm. Parking is free and very easy and convenient at the AG lot, with free shuttle to Thompson Boling.

I'll be heading in for the Tuesday game. I've been trying to find the best place to park and I've seen this AG lot mentioned several times. Is it the one on River Dr.? How often does the shuttle run?

I'll be heading in for the Tuesday game. I've been trying to find the best place to park and I've seen this AG lot mentioned several times. Is it the one on River Dr.? How often does the shuttle run?

Neyland Drive at the far western edge of campus. Just south of Alcoa Highway (129). Nearly in the shadow of the Alcoa Hwy bridge that crosses the river. Shuttles run about every 5 minutes. Sometimes 2 or 3 will be loading up at the same time. If you look at a campus map the loading spot is the road with the bridge that crosses over the railroad tracks and intersects with University Avenue. The road might be Joe Johnson, but I'm not 100% certain.

Yes river drive off of Neyland drive. And it runs fairly often, multiple buses. Very easy, and, convienent. Any other questions I'd be Happy to answer, or suggestions on other things as well.

Reactions: etown'vol
Thanks to both of you for that info, very helpful. How early do the shuttles start running before the game? And where do they pick up after the game, same spot where they drop you off? I don't think we'll be able to get there early enough for dinner since we're coming after work, otherwise I'd ask what you recommend for food as well. This should be a fun game though, looking forward to it! GBO!

Thanks to both of you for that info, very helpful. How early do the shuttles start running before the game? And where do they pick up after the game, same spot where they drop you off? I don't think we'll be able to get there early enough for dinner since we're coming after work, otherwise I'd ask what you recommend for food as well. This should be a fun game though, looking forward to it! GBO!

Not positive, but I think buses run from 2 hours before tip until 1 hour after final buzzer. And they drop off just outside of a sandwich shop in the basement of the arena. WhichWitch. The line gets long thought after every group is dropped off. The Student Union is just NW of Neyland Stadium and has several places to eat, but might be closed on Saturdays. Google UT dining hours. The SU is about a half mile walk away.

Reactions: etown'vol
Not positive, but I think buses run from 2 hours before tip until 1 hour after final buzzer. And they drop off just outside of a sandwich shop in the basement of the arena. WhichWitch. The line gets long thought after every group is dropped off. The Student Union is just NW of Neyland Stadium and has several places to eat, but might be closed on Saturdays. Google UT dining hours. The SU is about a half mile walk away.
Correct, 2 hours before, 1 hour after. And you can't miss the buses lining up just outside ticket office area near TBa ramps. And in other threads I always recommend Sweet P's BBQ downtown dive 410 w Jackson ave for food, it's my absolute favorite and it's very convienent as far as parking and quick service. Any other info you need just ask. We got you!

How many can park in the AG lot? Is there a lot of parking available?

Yes river drive off of Neyland drive. And it runs fairly often, multiple buses. Very easy, and, convienent. Any other questions I'd be Happy to answer, or suggestions on other things as well.
This is the first game I've attended at TBA where I didn't have tickets. If I have to resort to scalpers; where do they usually hang out?

This is the first game I've attended at TBA where I didn't have tickets. If I have to resort to scalpers; where do they usually hang out?

Outside the ticket office and at the intersection at the east end of the Art & Architecture Building. They used to be in front on the Speech and Hearing Building across from Neyland Stadium, but I haven't walked by that area for a few years.

Reactions: BACKDOC
How many can park in the AG lot? Is there a lot of parking available?
I’ve been parking at the ag campus for the last 7 or so years and have never seen it come close to filling up. You shouldn’t have any problem finding a spot.

Reactions: JCP201
They'll be all over the place outside TBA, near ramps and g-10. Just walk around a few mins they'll easily be found.

Reactions: BACKDOC
Thanks for all the recommendations on the previous post!

Not much has changed inside of Thompson-Boling Arena since my first visit in 2010.
The rating boost came from my campus category. The new Student Union is 100 times better than the old one. Plus several other updates to he campus.

Great visit, great game!

My Review: Thompson-Boling Arena Review

Game was a lot of fun, I think we will try to go to a few next year, really enjoyed it. Great call on the AG parking lot, that worked out perfectly!! Will definitely park there again in the future.

VN Store

Back