This why Kirby doesn’t scare me.

Kirby went with the right choice. The kid who came in as a true freshman and lead team to the title game..... especially given after Eason hardly played any once healthy again....
There was zero reason to bench Fromm once Eason was healthy.
Eason should have played after he was healthy. He didn’t because Kirby was an idiot.

Reactions: cgrish
Hindsight.....I live close to Athens and know the town. Eason was Favre in Atlanta all party no work. Kirby should never have even recruited Fields. He just didn't fit. Kirby chose the right guy and neither issue has hurt recruiting. The bigger black mark is Fromm's regression.

Fields fits any offense he’s elite. The OC should have molded a scheme around him and that gets Georgia in the playoffs and likely a title. Kirby chose the player that’s been his buddy rather than the right man for the job.

Reactions: 08Vol
Kirbys are not the best vacuum cleaners. Kirby loyalists are a minority who cannot be swayed. There is no objective discourse with them. This thread is moot from the OP.

Fields fits any offense he’s elite. The OC should have molded a scheme around him and that gets Georgia in the playoffs and likely a title. Kirby chose the player that’s been his buddy rather than the right man for the job.

Imo Kriby chose Fromm because he is a better game manager than Fields. Fields is imo a far better qb than fromm. Fromm fits Kirbys offensive game plan, control the clock run run and not a lot of passing and for that reason Imo Kirby will never win a nc. He has had the talent on his roster to have a nc. But chooses if he gets a lead to let up and control the clock and the really good teams beat him, such as bama two years in a row, Ga would have won if they had played the second half as they did the first. Then when your team has went to the run run, they can't flip the switch back to the passing because they have lost the rythym of the game. Just my opinion. I am more concerned about Fla in the east than Ga for the future.

Imo Kriby chose Fromm because he is a better game manager than Fields. Fields is imo a far better qb than fromm. Fromm fits Kirbys offensive game plan, control the clock run run and not a lot of passing and for that reason Imo Kirby will never win a nc. He has had the talent on his roster to have a nc. But chooses if he gets a lead to let up and control the clock and the really good teams beat him, such as bama two years in a row, Ga would have won if they had played the second half as they did the first. Then when your team has went to the run run, they can't flip the switch back to the passing because they have lost the rythym of the game. Just my opinion. I am more concerned about Fla in the east than Ga for the future.

Watch Uncle Lous championship video.

He didn’t chose him because he’s got a high ceiling...

That played into it but in a minor way,imo. UGA had to dismiss their top returning receiver before the season even started and really had hardly any experienced receivers returning. That's likely the biggest reason Fromme seems to have regressed.

If I'm not mistaken this is kirbys first year with all his recruits on the team. That should tell you something. Seems as if Ritcht recruits were better.

The only team Georgia should worry about is Fl in the East right now. They’ve got all the talent to breeze into the Championship game but here we are....

All the talent in the world and it’s this or that as to why they can’t get over the hump

Georgia is alot closer to a national title than us at the moment but if they aren’t careful they are going to screw around and miss their chance cause they aren’t going to beat Fla and Tenn every season from here on out. A new decade is about to commence and things might change in the next few years.

It remains to be seen though if Pruitt can win the SEC and beat the big boys like Kirby has done.
I bet He does! I believe he will be an elite coach, he’s already a great one in the making. I love His decision making on our staff, Cheyney is the perfect fit for a coach who focuses on being the general for the whole team and making the defense crazy better. I love how he doesn’t make it dramatic news entertaining, but instead all about football, and the proof is in the pudding. Is our defense not getting way better each game??( especially secondary and lbs) and did he not get the team to rally and go undefeated against SEC teams we couldn’t beat not too long ago? (Don’t care how “off” or “bad” you think they were this year, still the SEC) He has that fire that fans might not always be able to see but the players obviously do. He’s also recruiting great in the worst state as a program we’ve been in for a long time. He checks off all my boxes so far. I’m jacked about the future, go Vols!!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
in the past 20 years UT has beat UGA 6 times... it’s been “about to change”. For a really long time
How selective. Or you could say UT is 15-15 vs UGA the past 30 years during their best era in history including 7 losses that could’ve went either way when UGA was heavily favored.

in the past 20 years UT has beat UGA 6 times... it’s been “about to change”. For a really long time
Is 6 to 14 really that big of a thing to brag about? During the worst decade of our entire program? A decade where we beat UGA twice in a row anyway?

I don't know. Maybe it is. Between Florida and Bama putting streaks on us and us putting streaks on Kentucky and Vandy... I feel like the UT fanbase knows something about one sided rivalries and UGA-UT is a pretty weak case for one.

At worst Fromm is gone after next season anyway. So the question is who he’s got to take his place. Mathis had brain surgery over the off season so I’m not sure he’d be much of a factor going forward anyway. Anyone know anything about Carson Beck?

Even worse...my kids like UGA. My daughter will straight up cheer for them 1st. Can’t blame her thought. My wife has some pretty strong ties with the team. My son will at least pull for UT when they play but still likes the dawgs.

I think we are from the same little(not so little town) in Ga. My whole family pulls for those barking turds. There are a few of us die hards out here though. Monday after the Ga State game I had an old lady saw my Power T on my Jeep and tapped on my window at the post office to tell me how sorry she was UT lost and was “plum sick about it”. At least I get the satisfaction that they haven’t won $*** but a few SEC championships in 40 years. Family Christmas all these UGA alumni were laughing at USCjr getting Mike Bobo when the last time UGA was relevant without Chaney was with Bobo.

It’s hard to predict how anyone will play in the future. As much as I like Pruitt - and I do - he will no doubt go with the wrong guy at times as well. Good argument that he did that with Guarantano at various points over the past 2 years.
As long as Kirby recruits to the level that he has been, he scares me.
We just need to win more games progressively over the next couple of seasons so that we recruit better and then ours can better compete with theirs. Pruitt does seem to be doing a good job of having them ready, most of the time.

A very common-sense response. Fine job too of putting arrogance in its place with a touch of kindness

Last edited:
Reactions: Samthebam
Jacob Eason is a likely an NFL first round pick, Fields a potential Heisman candidate and Kirby chose Fromm, a poor man’s Greg McElroy. Kirby is a good DC and recruiter, poor head coach.
Don't disagree but we haven't always made the best choices either. Let's take care of our house and let the others burn to the ground on their own.

Hysterical post- OP is DEAD ON correct, Eason and Fields are better than Fromme. Eason is probably a better Pro Prospect if it was my pick- Fields is playing for a Natty- Fromme got his ass waxed and embarrassed in the championship game, much less lost to a horrible USCe team.

Hindsight.....I live close to Athens and know the town. Eason was Favre in Atlanta all party no work. Kirby should never have even recruited Fields. He just didn't fit. Kirby chose the right guy and neither issue has hurt recruiting. The bigger black mark is Fromm's regression.
Surprised Chaney’s coaching vacuum at UGA not getting more discussion. To me, that’s the disconnect.

Jacob Eason is a likely an NFL first round pick, Fields a potential Heisman candidate and Kirby chose Fromm, a poor man’s Greg McElroy. Kirby is a good DC and recruiter, poor head coach.

Hindsight is 20/20 as they say. He was winning with Fromm, so why change the formula. I never understood why Fields went to GA as it wasn't an offense he was going to thrive in. Yo seem to forget that Kirby has been within an eyelash of getting to the final game and has drilled us for the past 3(?) years.

Reactions: 08Vol
But some people on here are saying Kirby is a terrible coach and acting like he has done a horrible job at Georgia in 4 years.
Kirby good coach, and can afford to be average for a few years as they have stock piled such talent. But, there will be come that Richt, Les Miles, Fulmer time when winning 10+ games a year with nothing else to show for it will build to hot seat. Someone posted an article awhile ago where Doug Dickey believes the current playoff system w/ only four teams has built a "have and have not's" at the top (I agree)...if you're Bama, LSU, UGA, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Clemson...there's really a "club of 6" right now who take turns in the playoffs. My opinion is need to expand the playoffs to 8 teams to break it up, because these 6 for the past 4-5 years have ability to recruit to playoffs, where everyone else pretty much on outside looking in.

VN Store

Back