This why Kirby doesn’t scare me.

Hindsight.....I live close to Athens and know the town. Eason was Favre in Atlanta all party no work. Kirby should never have even recruited Fields. He just didn't fit. Kirby chose the right guy and neither issue has hurt recruiting. The bigger black mark is Fromm's regression.

giphy.gif

It’s hard to predict how anyone will play in the future. As much as I like Pruitt - and I do - he will no doubt go with the wrong guy at times as well. Good argument that he did that with Guarantano at various points over the past 2 years.
As long as Kirby recruits to the level that he has been, he scares me.
We just need to win more games progressively over the next couple of seasons so that we recruit better and then ours can better compete with theirs. Pruitt does seem to be doing a good job of having them ready, most of the time.

Hindsight.....I live close to Athens and know the town. Eason was Favre in Atlanta all party no work. Kirby should never have even recruited Fields. He just didn't fit. Kirby chose the right guy and neither issue has hurt recruiting. The bigger black mark is Fromm's regression.
Any way you cut it, Eason is an NFL talent and Fields is at least a very good college qb. Fromm has not regressed, he is what he is not what UGA fans thought he was.

Jacob Eason is a likely an NFL first round pick, Fields a potential Heisman candidate and Kirby chose Fromm, a poor man’s Greg McElroy. Kirby is a good DC and recruiter, poor head coach.

I agree totally. He had the players on the roster to be NC. With fields that is, and a different offensive scheme. Running the ball and clock control offense doesnt win championships anymore. I hope Pruitt doesnt have the same mindset on offense. A balanced attack, spread offense with a duel threat qb is the way to go in today's college football. And keeping the pedal to the middle when u get a lead. Ga. Should have beat bama two yrs in a row, had a big lead in both games and blew it.with too conservative of an offense.

Jacob Eason is a likely an NFL first round pick, Fields a potential Heisman candidate and Kirby chose Fromm, a poor man’s Greg McElroy. Kirby is a good DC and recruiter, poor head coach.
So Kirby beats us like a drum with Fromm who you say is a poor mans Greg McElroy and we are supposed to feel better? Why not just beat Kirby first before posting dumb sh!t?

Eason is not that great and was not even the best QB in the defensively weak PAC 12. Fields fits OSU’s offense perfectly, not Georgia’s. Kirby made the right call. Can’t comprehend the home loss to SC, but they’ve had a good year other wise.
Also, look at Richt’s record - I hope Pruitt is the next Richt

Most likely Fromm's regression was losing Chaney to Tennessee.

Go VOLS

So, him routinely beating Tennessee decisively does not scare you?

Yea, let’s brag about beating a Tennessee team that hasn’t been elite like in over 10 years.

His offense hung 3 points against LSU’s defense in the SEC Title game.

That’s hysterically bad considering how much talent is on that offense.

Eason is not that great and was not even the best QB in the defensively weak PAC 12. Fields fits OSU’s offense perfectly, not Georgia’s. Kirby made the right call. Can’t comprehend the home loss to SC, but they’ve had a good year other wise.

Word.

Yea, let’s brag about beating a Tennessee team that hasn’t been elite like in over 10 years.

His offense hung 3 points against LSU’s defense in the SEC Title game.

That’s hysterically bad considering how much talent is on that offense.
It remains to be seen though if Pruitt can win the SEC and beat the big boys like Kirby has done.

So Kirby beats us like a drum with Fromm who you say is a poor mans Greg McElroy and we are supposed to feel better? Why not just beat Kirby first before posting dumb sh!t?
I was speaking about the future girlfriend. Kirby better come up with something when Fromm leaves or he’s gonna be in trouble.

Kirby didn’t do that either.[/QUOTE. He has won a SEC title something we haven’t done in 21 years. He has beat Oklahoma in the Rose bowl been to the playoff and to the National title game. Against Fla, UT and Auburn he is a combined 10-3 not too bad if you ask me. Would love for Pruitt to get us back to a elite level and consistently a top 5 team every year and in the playoff discussion like Kirby has done with Georgia

W.R.O.NG. Eason is at least twice the qb Fromm is. Who is better than Eason in the PAC 12?Fields is right now better than Fromm and has a much higher ceiling. Prepare a large late of crow.

Uh, who was the OC at the time?

We’d be better off not to throw stones since our OC was running the offense there. Chaney chose Fromm.

VN Store

Back