This team will be better than last year's team....

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
I know it's UTC, but this team just seems more exciting to watch. BTW, Scotty FREAKING Hopson is a BEAST.

I thought it would take a while for this team to gel, but they look pretty good to me right now.

Thank God it's not football? :eek:lol:

Actually it is soooo gooood to have something exciting to root for! :dance2:

Just hoping our new HC will put some excitement into our football program like Bruce has into our BB.

:popcorn:

Their Defense is gonna have to improve to beat the likes of Florida, LSU, etc. But I think they will work on that and have a great season.

I'll reserve my judgments until after Thanksgiving. Still, give the guys credit tonight, awesome performance.

I dunno how good UTC is going to be, but I lost count of how many wide open shots UT gave them tonight.

I can't imagine that if UTC is in fact a really good team that that was the best they've got tonight. Of course, I don't imagine that's the best UT can play either, though.

I dunno how good UTC is going to be, but I lost count of how many wide open shots UT gave them tonight.

I can't imagine that if UTC is in fact a really good team that that was the best they've got tonight. Of course, I don't imagine that's the best UT can play either, though.

really good was probably a stretch but they gave us evrything we could handle last year.

This was a good season opener. The team we played today is a very talented team. They are favored to win in their own conference. I enjoyed to see Maze he is very talented. The Freshman are truly exciting to watch. There still is a lot of improvement in this team if they want a Sec-Championship & ncaa run to nation Championship.

Remember, it's a long season...However, it is a great start. This team seems to have more weapons than the last three teams did. They have some work to do, but still, a great start. I certainly did not expect a 39 point win tonight.

It looks like Chism has worked on his FT shooting, and I was saying no no when Prince launched those first couple of long range jumpers, but they went in. Hopefully he can continue to hit those. But in case you look at the box score, his toe was on the line on the first, and a foul nullified the other. I thought our 3 pt. shooting would be down this year, but in the first half they shot it great; 8 out of 16 with Prince barely missing out on two 3's as previously mentioned.

I was just thinking that lot of people are going to leave tonight talking about hopson's obvious talent, the length and athleticism of guys like tatum and woolridge, the improvement of williams, etc.

All true. But B.Maze was the catalyst. I second that... the 10:1 assist/turnover is unreal. And he did it in 28 min. The way he gets after the ball on defense is amazing too. That poor UTC point guard with the dreads was having fits and throwing the ball out of bounds because of the way 3 locked him down. When is the last time we had PG play like that?

How good can Bobby Maze be?

Dunno... defense looked shaky at best.

The defense was not shaky. It was much better than expected. They were in the passing lanes all night and harrassed UTC endlessly. Pearl even said on the postgame show that the D showed up quite well tonight.

TN is going to be a very talented and deep team going into the NCAA tourney. Regardless of their regular season/SEC record, they are going to be tough to beat in a "1 game" matchup come March/April.

It looks like Chism has worked on his FT shooting, and I was saying no no when Prince launched those first couple of long range jumpers, but they went in. Hopefully he can continue to hit those. But in case you look at the box score, his toe was on the line on the first, and a foul nullified the other. I thought our 3 pt. shooting would be down this year, but in the first half they shot it great; 8 out of 16 with Prince barely missing out on two 3's as previously mentioned.

6 different players had 3's. What we thought might be a shortcoming this year might actually be an advantage to us. Plus, unlike last year, our wings shooting the 3's can drive to the basket as well, which makes us unbelievably hard to guard if we keep doing it like we did tonight.

I was just thinking that lot of people are going to leave tonight talking about hopson's obvious talent, the length and athleticism of guys like tatum and woolridge, the improvement of williams, etc.

All true. But B.Maze was the catalyst. I second that... the 10:1 assist/turnover is unreal. And he did it in 28 min. The way he gets after the ball on defense is amazing too. That poor UTC point guard with the dreads was having fits and throwing the ball out of bounds because of the way 3 locked him down. When is the last time we had PG play like that?

Maze was amazing........no pun intended. He never got himself into trouble dribbling either. He knew when to drive and knew when to pull up. I thought his judgment was excellent, and if he continues to play this well, then the sky is the limit.

CJ Watson wasn't too bad I would guess. After all he is starting in the NBA.

VN Store

Back