This team has redeemed itself.

Makes sense to find time to be angry about what might happen next season with a Sweet 16 match-up looming on Friday for the program.

good thing we had Trae d'ing up on opposing pg's during this run of wins, right BOP? Same guards last year lit our guards up for 41 and jrich got 6 shots in the game. Mercer pg yesterday didn't get a shot off in the first half, jrich and stokes had career highs as we win in a blowout with solid game management, defense and not being a turnover prone ballhog.
Without the trade, we are sitting at home like Trae is. I've been telling you for 3 months. Now maybe you have seen enough to realize pg is more than scoring 20 pts for the team and losing.

Our PG play has been abysmal all year, We wouldn't have been an 11 seed with Trae Golden. Even if we were we could still have beaten IOWA, UMASS, and freakn Mercer. If you think PG play has been the difference then you are an epic idiot. PG play has been garbage.

The way people were talking at the beginning of this year, we are exactly where we should be. Now people are calling for a raise and extension for what shoulda already beenexpected..... I agree he's turned it around and I was initially wrong for calling for a firing earlier but c'mon the guy has still a lot to prove.

Do I expect a lot? Ya

No, there aren't a bunch of other schools that want our roster next year. It will be that bad. What does it take to get how bad it will be through people's head?

You don't think a bunch of teams would want a roster built around Stokes, Richardson, and Hubbs?

Other than Kentucky and Florida, name another SEC team with that type of returning fire power.

the team is winning and stokes, jrich and to some extent mcrae and maymon have been playing well. We aren't turning the ball over. We are hitting a few shots from pg, and we are holding opposing pg's down during this run and playing the best offense and defense we have seen in years.

My summary above will go over your head, but that's what basketball is about and Barton has done a fine job being a leader on both ends, getting the ball to the right guys and is heading to the sweet 16. Your loverboy Trae sits at home for the 4th time in his career.
I'll accept the epic idiot label from someone who has no idea what they are watching. Basketball is a game. It's art. You see pg avg pts and think you know the game. What a joke.

You don't think a bunch of teams would want a roster built around Stokes, Richardson, and Hubbs?

Other than Kentucky and Florida, name another SEC team with that type of returning fire power.

Stokes returning is doubtful, but even still it's not like we are doomed for failure next year like some people think.

No, there aren't a bunch of other schools that want our roster next year. It will be that bad. What does it take to get how bad it will be through people's head?

Also, no one knows if next years team will be good, bad, or average, because no one has actually seen next years team play. In fact, no one even knows who will be on the team. I know b!tching about next year is all you have left, but if you can't see into the future, maybe you should have learned your lesson this year, shut your mouth (or keyboard in this case) and actually see how next year plays out.

Stokes, isn't going to back and if even he was, come the f on. You just said hubbs? Richardson is a 10 point a night guy who is probably going to go to 14 or 15 next year because he will be on a bad team. His defense is exceptional but the idea that he is someone to build a great team around is utterly laughable.

the team is winning and stokes, jrich and to some extent mcrae and maymon have been playing well. We aren't turning the ball over. We are hitting a few shots from pg, and we are holding opposing pg's down during this run and playing the best offense and defense we have seen in years.

My summary above will go over your head, but that's what basketball is about and Barton has done a fine job being a leader on both ends, getting the ball to the right guys and is heading to the sweet 16. Your loverboy Trae sits at home for the 4th time in his career.
I'll accept the epic idiot label from someone who has no idea what they are watching. Basketball is a game. It's art. You see pg avg pts and think you know the game. What a joke.

Did Golden take more shots than Stokes last year. Do I remember that correctly? If so, how many shots has Barton taken in comparison to the rest of the team? Barton might miss some shots, but he's not a ball stopping PG who breaks off sets to put his head down and go 1 on 3. If you have 2 solid scores, you don't even want a shoot first point guard.

Also, no one knows if next years team will be good, bad, or average, because no one has actually seen next years team play. In fact, no one even knows who will be on the team. I know b!tching about next year is all you have left, but if you can't see into the future, maybe you should have learned your lesson this year, shut your mouth (or keyboard in this case) and actually see how next year plays out.

Learn my lesson about what? I never once thought we didn't have a chance to do what we did this year. Ive always said the disaster is coming in 2015. I always thought Martin's coaching was ok, but his recruiting was the real problem. Try again.

Stokes, isn't going to back and if even he was, come the f on. You just said hubbs? Richardson is a 10 point a night guy who is probably going to go to 14 or 15 next year because he will be on a bad team. His defense is exceptional but the idea that he is someone to build a great team around is utterly laughable.

Hubbs was a 5* player coming out of high school. Is it wrong to think he has some basketball ability. Wasn't he ranked in the top 25 nationally. You're right, he's a scrub, can't believe anyone would want him.

Learn my lesson about what? I never once thought we didn't have a chance to do what we did this year. Ive always said the disaster is coming in 2015. I always thought Martin's coaching was ok, but his recruiting was the real problem. Try again.

So, you can predict the future? Awesome.

We will have more back next year than the first when Martin won 19. Why would we be below .500 next year?

Reactions: 1 person
Hubbs was a 5* player coming out of high school. Is it wrong to think he has some basketball ability. Wasn't he ranked in the top 25 nationally. You're right, he's a scrub, can't believe anyone would want him.

You think Hubbs is one of the best players in the SEC not on Florida or Kentucky?

And you thinking we would have better off with Trae Golden this season is utterly laughable. That is really just stupid.

Reactions: 1 person
You think Hubbs is one of the best players in the SEC not on Florida or Kentucky?

Certainly one of the highest ranked coming out of high school not of Florida or Kentucky, but I'm sure watching 1/2 season of Hubbs with a torn shoulder ligament is enough to write him off as terrible.

Did Golden take more shots than Stokes last year. Do I remember that correctly? If so, how many shots has Barton taken in comparison to the rest of the team? Barton might miss some shots, but he's not a ball stopping PG who breaks off sets to put his head down and go 1 on 3. If you have 2 solid scores, you don't even want a shoot first point guard.

Trae was 2nd on team in shots taken last year behind Mcrae and led the team in turnovers. While playing no d, to where we had to bring Skylar to guard opposing pgs.
Barton is close with Maymon for 4th on the team in shots taken, and is 5th on the team in turnovers, while d'ing up all year.
Barton has fewer assists, but doesn't knock the air out of the ball going nowhere. He also has equal rebounds and 3x the steals as Golden, another aspect of D outside of manning up and help D.
To add, we are in the sweet 16 and playing better than we have in years. To not give a pg credit for managing the team on such a run is silly.

Certainly one of the highest ranked coming out of high school not of Florida or Kentucky, but I'm sure watching 1/2 season of Hubbs with a torn shoulder ligament is enough to write him off as terrible.

In terms of total recruiting stars we will be one of the worst in the SEC. You don't know what you are talking about at all.

Agree. His past recruiting has been below average. Except for Richardson and Stokes, everyone else has been below average to nonexistent. Hopefully, the incoming class will change things

Trae was 2nd on team in shots taken last year behind Mcrae and led the team in turnovers. While playing no d, to where we had to bring Skylar to guard opposing pgs.
Barton is close with Maymon for 4th on the team in shots taken, and is 5th on the team in turnovers, while d'ing up all year.
Barton has fewer assists, but doesn't knock the air out of the ball going nowhere. He also has equal rebounds and 3x the steals as Golden, another aspect of D outside of manning up and help D.

Skylar mcbee is a better defender than Barton. Barton has lost the pg battle 85-90% of the time. Weve had some of the worst PG play in the entire country from the power conferences. It continues to be the glaring weakness in our starting 5 going forward. Whether we would be at this juncture is completely conjecture but to claim barton has come in and elevated this basketball team with his great PG play is absolute trash.

Agree. His past recruiting has been below average. Except for Richardson and Stokes, everyone else has been below average to nonexistent. Hopefully, the incoming class will change things

I even think that moore has a nice role on a good team. But the guys he is bringing in as the top of recruiting classes are just not cutting it. There may even be a few guys next year who can come in and be some of the best players on the team immediately but they shouldn't be able to. Which is the problem.

In the regular season both Iowa and Umass were ranked in the top 15. Beating both of them would have been impressive.

Haha, good job picking out like 1 sentance out of the entire thing. But you do have a point, and I was a little stumped how to phrase that because I was aware. But I meant more like in general and probably playing all these 3 teams where they are right now in the season. Like if Umass, Iowa and Mercer were all where they are now, but it was regular season still and not tournament yet. Beating them all in a row where they are now in the season wouldn't have been that big of a deal to get people to be 100% sold on Cuonzo. That's more of what I was getting at. I feel once the tournament starts, most fans get the basketball equivalent of "beer-goggles" and things seem a lot more impressive than they might be. Anyways, I just had to get that out. But as I said, I'm just as excited as the next guy, I was wearing my Vols jersey from Tuesday until sunday without washing it and going nuts. Really excited about this team, but just wanted to get some realistic points out.

Barton has managed this team to a sweet 16 appearance while playing D, not turning it over, hitting some key shots, and getting the ball to the right players (stokes/jrich/mcrae), instead of ball hogging his way to watch on tv at home as your boy is doing. Again.

Basketball 101. I don't think you've taken the course yet. First lesson is above. If you weren't so biased and angry, you'd look at the info I have posted and would realize this team is better exactly how Barton is playing. The hottest team around, if you haven't heard. Wins, stats, play on the court...none of it leans your way. Denial is fine, but you are embarrassing yourself.

More back meaning what? More total minutes from the previous season? Or more talent?

Production. Stars will be close. First year Tatum was the top returning player. No one else over 3 pts (Golden).

J Rich> Tatum. Hubbs even with the shoulder and in limited games was better than McRae at the same point and was ranked way higher.

VN Store

Back