This OC search can’t be good for recruiting!?

I truly don't think this impacts recruiting all that much. The Athletic Director is secure. The HC is secure. Neyland Stadium isn't going anywhere.. it's fine.
The recruit’s are probably being made aware of the type 0 we will be building. That’s what matters. They likely don’t know any of the cantidates anyway.

Since Freeze and Lindsey didn't pan out, my current theory is we are waiting until after signing day. I think Pruitt is recruiting and doesn't want any openings for people to negatively recruit against whoever our pick is. I assume he is telling recruits that it is either person x or person y.

I have no clue on who it is at this point. I assume current OC at another school.

All we can do is wait for it. Some on here will be happy, some will be disappointed, some angry, but it isn't something we have any control over. Nor should we, unlike the Shiano situation. We are fans of a sports program, that's it. I will check on here a couple of times a day, and wait for an announcement. Who wants to join me?

Reactions: hmhawk
I have no inside info just like everyone else. I’m just speculating what a 17-18 year old might be thinking and how other coaches us this as negative recruiting
I would hazard a guess that the recruit knows more about this search than John Q Public.

I have no inside info just like everyone else. I’m just speculating what a 17-18 year old might be thinking and how other coaches us this as negative recruiting

So, creating an air of doubt by posting your speculation..........is perpetuating a negative feeling on speculation, just because someone else has did it?...................just awesome. I speculate that we are going to hire the best damn OC the College Football World has ever seen, every WR will get 1,000 yards, RBs will each rush for 1,100 yards, the QB will throw for 5,000 yards with 0 Ints and 0 sacks..............geesh. If you are bored, go write this stuff on Alabama's site.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It's a bit reminiscent of Currie/Haslam style but don't know if it's CJP's doing.
Are the coaches supposed to work for the better of the team, or the obsessive need for information of the fans.

Sure we had someone sign, but for the 2020 class... Signing day is just around the corner and there has been ZERO leaks of any substance. It’s almost as if Pruitt isn’t even conducting a search at all with the absolute lack of any real insider info. This can’t look good for recruiting and makes me wonder if we are gonna even hire an OC...

Recruits see this and the longer this drags out the less committed some of them might become. Seriously what gives with this search??
You think FSU, Alabama, Auburn and UGA will be impacted? They have openings too.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
If this keeps dragging, I’ll be blown away if we don’t lose recruits

I totally agree, we will lose some recruits if this lingers on. Who knows what the latest recruits were thinking concerning OC when they verbally committed. It concerns me the same week we get a number 3 rated qb to decommit from mich. I think to come to us around the same time freeze was mentioned.

It relates the post you made to the one you were quoting. The lack of information being reminiscent of the Currie/Haslam search method.
I made an observation, nothing more. It DOES remind me the last HC search. Hell, we don't even know who/what the hold up is, in fact, we know very little. Strawmen, that way>>>>>>>>

So, creating an air of doubt by posting your speculation..........is perpetuating a negative feeling on speculation, just because someone else has did it?...................just awesome. I speculate that we are going to hire the best damn OC the College Football World has ever seen, every WR will get 1,000 yards, RBs will each rush for 1,100 yards, the QB will throw for 5,000 yards with 0 Ints and 0 sacks..............geesh. If you are bored, go write this stuff on Alabama's site.
I'm in!

Prepare to be blown away then. OC and DC are overrated. The head coach and the program are what sells recruits.

The conference for us is as big as anything. There is a reason we can suck for a decade and still land top recruits. People want to play in the SEC.

VN Store

Back