This OC search can’t be good for recruiting!?

Look at it like this. One could see this as Pruitt taking his time and getting the best candidate for the job. This could be a good thing from a recruits point of view
Just as a losing team with a bad roster. One way to look at it from a recruit point of view could be (1) horrible team. Don't want to be part of a losing atmosphere. (2) want to go to a team like that to gain early playing time
1/2. Empty or 1/2 full???

One way to look at it from a recruit point of view could be (1) horrible team. Don't want to be part of a losing atmosphere. (2) want to go to a team like that to gain early playing time (3) Hot co-eds
1/2. Empty or 1/2 full???

FYP

Sure we had someone sign, but for the 2020 class... Signing day is just around the corner and there has been ZERO leaks of any substance. It’s almost as if Pruitt isn’t even conducting a search at all with the absolute lack of any real insider info. This can’t look good for recruiting and makes me wonder if we are gonna even hire an OC...

Recruits see this and the longer this drags out the less committed some of them might become. Seriously what gives with this search??

There haven't been any any decommits from the offensive side so far in this class to date, and there haven't been any reports of interested recruits saying they are no longer considering the Vols because Pruitt is being diligent in his OC search, so it appears most 18-yr old recruits don't suffer from BVS.

Reactions: Pride85
My opinion (based on zero inside info)

The lack of "leaks" is not a factor in recruiting.

The lack of progress is likely to be a factor for offensive recruits. Maybe or maybe not a determining factor, but a factor. A Power 5 recruit is looking long term. Most of these kids have visions of NFL contracts in their heads. They care a lot about who the coaches are.

If we get a good guy in place this week we are likely fine. If this drags on and on and we get closer to ESD I have to think it will be a factor. Perhaps significant in some cases.

But how can we affect this? In no way whatsoever. I must admit that, after my initial annoyance at yet another apparently botched search process, I find myself surprisingly on the very low end of GAF. I suspect I am not alone. And that is not a good trend if that is growing in the fanbase.

Sure we had someone sign, but for the 2020 class... Signing day is just around the corner and there has been ZERO leaks of any substance. It’s almost as if Pruitt isn’t even conducting a search at all with the absolute lack of any real insider info. This can’t look good for recruiting and makes me wonder if we are gonna even hire an OC...

Recruits see this and the longer this drags out the less committed some of them might become. Seriously what gives with this search??
I wouldn't worry too much Hoss. For all we know Pruitt has had his guy for days and their just hammering out a contract. Even if he still doesn't have any idea who he'll hire I'm sure he's letting all his offensive recruits know what system they'll run once they're here. Looking for a coordinator is way different than looking for a HC at this point in the recruiting cycle.

What I’m saying is other coaching searches, and even ours in the past, have actual evidence of interviews or discussions. So far no one has any real substance that proves Pruitt is doing any search at all
And such information as not usually been too good for the process...... We will know when we nee to know...

What I’m saying is other coaching searches, and even ours in the past, have actual evidence of interviews or discussions. So far no one has any real substance that proves Pruitt is doing any search at all
It's a bit reminiscent of Currie/Haslam style but don't know if it's CJP's doing.

Wait, hold up. I wasn't particularly bothered by your other posts, but seriously? You feel that we should possess evidence that proves that Pruitt is searching for an OC?

As opposed to what, watching The Young and the Restless in his office?

Reactions: hmhawk and Behr
And such information as not usually been too good for the process...... We will know when we nee to know...

Pruitt is a grown man who has accomplished more in the coaching world than any of us ever will. I'm sure he's doing, or has done, what needs to be done for this hire. My guess, it's finished.

If its finished it would be out. Don't kid yourself. He sure didn't do what needed to be done with his first OC hire.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
We get ourselves all riled up because we're hardcore fans on a hardcore fan board. Not to mention last years disastrous search is still a fresh wound that's jaded many of us. We just naturally assume that this sarch is a disaster because last years was. The difference is Currie's incompetent ass is gone. Phil and Pruitt knows what they're doing and they'll get the right guy for the job.

The last two games were the nail in this year's recruiting coffin. This doesn't help obviously, but there's not much to hurt. Look for Florida and at least one of Miss St./SC to leapfrog TN before Signing Day.

I truly don't think this impacts recruiting all that much. The Athletic Director is secure. The HC is secure. Neyland Stadium isn't going anywhere.. it's fine.
The recruit’s are probably being made aware of the type 0 we will be building. That’s what matters. They likely don’t know any of the cantidates anyway.

I truly don't think this impacts recruiting all that much. The Athletic Director is secure. The HC is secure. Neyland Stadium isn't going anywhere.. it's fine.

I seriously doubt any recruits give a sh-t who the AD is and if he’s secure or not.

VN Store

Back