This is the best I’ve felt about the program forever it seems. Agree?

Best I’ve felt since early Oct 2016 when Team 120 was 5-0, building brick by brick, playing complimentary 🏈, getting 1% better every day, fighting for blades of grass, playing with great eye discipline, showing great resiliency, taking mental & leadership reps during every practice, straining 6-3 every rep, and had 5 star hearts all over the field!!

Seriously, I think we have the best HC I’ve seen, with a fun product, and he’s a damn good dude. If he/staff prove to be strong recruiters, we’ll eat!

I disagree that player development is the big difference from current coaching staff and previous.

I think the big difference is having a creative coach. Players that want to develop will.
So 18-23 yo college players develop themselves? Sweet. You do you

Go big orange, just wanted to say thanks coach thanks to the admin for finally getting it right, for righting the wrong. Too much history with this program to ever allow it to go backwards again.
I’m more of the show me type. Certainly encouraged, but still see those disturbing TOP stats, TO stats, and 3rd stats. Will we score? Yes. Will we score the most is the question.

Right on brother. OP is an OG. Look at his join date and I challenge anyone to show me a join date sooner other than Freak

I’m optimistic primary because the New staff was able to these young men all pulling together last year and they all seemed like it was fun again. The last two head coaches seemed to breed disunity and dysfunction constantly so it’s really refreshing to see a head coach who leads as a head coach should. I think the players like the position coaches and coordinators and will play their hearts out.

So I’m optimistic that we not only will have a better record than last year, I think we’ll be a better team. Still gonna lose games to those teams that are 3 deep in five star players but our goal this is to beat all the others.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
I wasn’t being serious. It’s hard not to be optimistic about our team with the way things are trending.

I agree with cautious optimism, but I would really like us more if the defense wasn't an absolute trainwreck last year. Without a better pass rush and more consistency from the linebackers it will be an up and down season all riding on the offense. DB play needs to improve but it all starts with the front 7....or 6.

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
I am cautiously optimistic. If they lose at home to Florida, I feel they will lose at LSU and at home again to Bama and start 0-3 in SEC. At this point, all optimism will be spent......
This is a likely scenario. Optimism is high . . . Then a spectacular loss to Florida kills momentum / hopes.

Of course, last year they recovered to play ok after losing to Florida. But an 0-3 conference start will be tough to overcome.

Not sure if Heupel is the guy. Hate all you want, but really none of us know if he is.

I do feel like the AD is heading in a great direction with Danny White in charge.

I hope Heupel is the guy. We will find out in another 2-3 years.

Go big orange, just wanted to say thanks coach thanks to the admin for finally getting it right, for righting the wrong. Too much history with this program to ever allow it to go backwards again.
We are climbing and building. Anyone can see it. Think next couple years will have to be happy w 8-9 wins and then take it to the next level. That’s ok w me though. UGA built the same way because they had consistency at high levels. Looking forward to the days when we are disappointed again with 10 wins!

I agree. Even against great defenses with us having limited talent, we were able to move the ball at times really well. I think barring any scandals, Tennessee is in good shape. When CJH was hired I was curious to see how players would relate to him but I believe he really has their respect and that goes a long way.

I agree with cautious optimism, but I would really like us more if the defense wasn't an absolute trainwreck last year. Without a better pass rush and more consistency from the linebackers it will be an up and down season all riding on the offense. DB play needs to improve but it all starts with the front 7....or 6.
Yup. We know the offense is going to score points. But is the defense going to step up like we need them too?

Hope Hype works on game management a little more this year. Know when to kick a field goal and when to use time outs. Seems like when other teams flopped we lost our rhythm and sometimes wasted possessions.

Last edited:
Anyone heard any new rules on flopping this year? It killed some of our drives last year.

Hope Hype works on game management a little more this year. Know when to kick a field goal and when to use time outs. Seems like when other teams flopped we lost our rhythm and sometimes wasted possessions.

You're not wrong. There were some noobie mistakes made by CH that he got away with at UCF that won't cut it in the SEC and has to learn from. He doesn't strike me as hard headed and stubborn , so I think we'll see improvement on his part going forward.

Reactions: orange_glory
I’ll agree. I’m cautiously optimistic, but I agree. The difference is the staff. With every hire since Fulmer I’ve had to talk myself into thinking that the coach was the right the coach. With Kiffin it was he was young and full of bravado taking on Urban in his introductory press conference, but the kids love him. With Dooley he wore orange pants and said britches, so I guess he was one of us. Butch was a cliche machine, but he had won at Cincy and was the beneficiary of a legacy class. With Pruitt I could look past his inarticulate, dumbass demeanor bc he came from a great pedigree of UGA, FSU and was Saban’s guy. He is was widely thought of as a defensive genius .
Heupel is different. He’s smart, he’s genuine, he actually cares about the players and he goes to work without any show. He knows the expectations, he embraces them and knows what it takes to win at the highest level bc he’s done it as a player and has had success prior to being here. We may have really gotten lucky with everyone being afraid of our job and Heupel taking it.

Carpetbagger selling snake oil....

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I am holding my breath, if we beat FL I will exhale and say "finally"

Everything I know about football tells me we will curbstomp them this year…it will be one of the most shocking defeats I’ve experienced if we lose…and I’ve been around for and seen it all when it comes to UT/UF so I am well aware of the history…

They have a new coach implementing a new system and a defense that lost a good bit of talent…our offense is designed specifically to exploit all the holes a D like that will have…

The only red flag I can come up with is that our D just doesn’t pan out at all and we get in a shoot out…then it’s anyones game…but even that scenario has the “new coach, new system” angle for UF that points to our favor…

And we’re at home…and our crowd is absolutely fed up with losing to them…I just don’t see anything but a curbstomping in that game

Carpetbagger selling snake oil....
I didn't mind Butch being a "cliche machine", as RDU put it, selling "snake oil." And I didn't mind him being a "carpetbagger" from up north.

The only thing I minded about Butch, besides what turned out to be a limited intellect for the game of football, was his philosophy of football as entertainment.

I mean, it is. But that's for us fans. No coach or player should think of it that way. For them, it should be serious business. And not the business of entertaining...the business of competing and striving and winning.

Butch never got that. He was too caught up in the showmanship, and that filtered into the locker room.

That's what bugged me about CBJ.

I didn't mind Butch being a "cliche machine", as RDU put it, selling "snake oil." And I didn't mind him being a "carpetbagger" from up north.

The only thing I minded about Butch, besides what turned out to be a limited intellect for the game of football, was his philosophy of football as entertainment.

I mean, it is. But that's for us fans. No coach or player should think of it that way. For them, it should be serious business. And not the business of entertaining...the business of competing and striving and winning.

Butch never got that. He was too caught up in the showmanship, and that filtered into the locker room.

That's what bugged me about CBJ.
So you were ok with him being a lying scumbag poser?

Hey, I had my moments where I felt good about Kiff, Dools, Jones and Pruitt - so just hoping this feeling is real and not indigestion.

Last edited:

One can hope, I guess. You folks who have stayed emotionally invested in the program have been on a strange ride for too long. Hire a coach, get excited, things unravel, rinse and repeat. I am hoping that they are finally getting things right, because you all are alot more fun when your hypertension is not off the charts over this program.

Eventually, I am sure someone connected to the program will find a way to screw something up about it, but I sincerely hope they wait a little longer than usual to get around to it.

Hey, I had my moments where I felt good about Kiff, Dools and Pruitt - so just hoping this feeling is real and not indigestion.

Never really felt good about any of those. I did feel good about Jones for about 2 years. But now, I hate admitting that.

VN Store

Back