This is the 1st full season for my Vol Man Cave. Thought some might enjoy seeing it.

how do you know if it will withstand a EF-5?....:)

PS. pretty nice VolKin...keep'em cold!...;)

Structural Engineer's Stamp says so. Plus, my companies have written grants many FEMA approved Safe Rooms and built them. I know what materials it takes to pass the Missle Tests that are preformed at Texas Tech to certify per FEMA 361 Standards.

Structural Engineer's Stamp says so. Plus, my companies have written grants many FEMA approved Safe Rooms and built them. I know what materials it takes to pass the Missle Tests that are preformed at Texas Tech to certify per FEMA 361 Standards.
arent those rooms below ground though ? Very well done the ceiling is perfect and the Manning jersey is framed just right -- would give it 1000 likes if I could

Wow this is really nice, how long did it take?
We built it at the same time as we converted an abandoned car wash into new offices. The overall project took about 6 months. Could probably have finished in 4 months but pulled my crew a couple of times to take care of clients. Depending on site conditions, weather, etc., could build one similar in about 10-12 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volanta
Nice. And may you never, ever have any tornado of any intensity putting that cave to test.
Hopefully not. However, I am fully confident it would pass the test! It is skinned with continious 14 gauge steel sheets on top of the 16 gauge corrigated steel that comproses the container skin. Frames & doors are specifically made/tested to withstand the forces & structure is anchored into a massive amount of reinforced concrete. It would pass the test!

Reactions: barrylee
Did you get a contractor to do this? That's pretty much my dream mancave. Seriously, stunning. What are the step by steps on this? Very impressive.

Reactions: NECVOL
arent those rooms below ground though ? Very well done the ceiling is perfect and the Manning jersey is framed just right -- would give it 1000 likes if I could
not below groung. I thought about putting it below ground but decided to do the necessary reinforcing to build above ground.

Did you get a contractor to do this? That's pretty much my dream mancave. Seriously, stunning. What are the step by steps on this? Very impressive.
I designed it, built it and own it. Call me next week and we can start the process of getting you one very similar (1-731-664-5858). If I had it to do over, would have made it 8' x 22'-6" larger, so I could add a Poker Table.

VN Store

Back