This is the 1st full season for my Vol Man Cave. Thought some might enjoy seeing it.

I designed it, built it and own it. Call me next week and we can start the process of getting you one very similar (1-731-664-5858). If I had it to do over, would have made it 8' x 22'-6" larger, so I could add a Poker Table.
In all seriousness though, what would be a ballpark figure for something like that? Obviously, there's a lot of variables, but what all is involved with that? Just such a different kind of project. Something that would be a goal down the road for me, for sure.

Reactions: NECVOL
Most impressive! I am currently working on one as well... How did you do paint the field on the ceiling and how long did that take? I ended up doing a checkerboard on my floor. I thought about doing a field but thought that since I was just going to cover it up with furniture, it wasn’t worth the effort. I really like that idea... Nice job.

Well, I guess my 42" Vizio and 2 UT couch cushions and UT hat on the bookcase gets trumped. Kinda like when I went to the Biltmore House and then came back and my house looked like a cardboard box.
Yeah the room with Italian learher bound walls kinda shows you how the average man lives.

Reactions: salsahound
Awesome!! I’m in that picture with my son, accidentally bought tickets in the UF section, what a game!

Attachments

• B0711BE3-DF25-4FB3-9699-C70A74F1E6D7.jpeg
    B0711BE3-DF25-4FB3-9699-C70A74F1E6D7.jpeg
    710 KB · Views: 30
In all seriousness though, what would be a ballpark figure for something like that? Obviously, there's a lot of variables, but what all is involved with that? Just such a different kind of project. Something that would be a goal down the road for me, for sure.

I hesitate to answer without getting more specifics on you exact interest but the following will give you a general idea. I will be glad to meet with you when ready:

As you said, lots of variables and I didn't cut any corners. It would be considerably less expensive, if not built Tornado Safe. I built the space to be virtually impenetrable. One has to have a magnetic card to get into the space. Each opening (frames, doors, special hardware) costs about $5K. It has a UPS Back-up System to power life safety items (the Beer Froster & TVs are considered life safety in this particular case :p) R-18 insulation in walls & R-38 in roof. Extremely efficient HVAC System. Dishwasher, Ice Maker , Garbage Compactor & the Beer Froster. Fully furnished, with the best Samsung TVs available, murals, granate bars, pool table, Vol Bar Stools/Tables, etc., I have between $75K & $80K in this particular model. Just the reinforced shell space) could be built for approximately $50K (Tornado Safe). Could build non-Tornado/unfurnished Space (not finished/furnished) for about $35K.

I am working on pricing for a components package that would include the pre-prepped containers (w/frames/doors installed), structrual components for attaching/anchoring the containers together and anchoring to the foundation system. Foundation design would be included. You could insall, I could install or I train a local contractor to install for you. That contractor would become a "Certified Installer" if interested. This is down the road a little bit.

Most impressive! I am currently working on one as well... How did you do paint the field on the ceiling and how long did that take? I ended up doing a checkerboard on my floor. I thought about doing a field but thought that since I was just going to cover it up with furniture, it wasn’t worth the effort. I really like that idea... Nice job.

I went through the same thought process by initially planning to paint the field on the floor but much would be covered up. If you look at the ceiling, there are beams at the juncture points where the containers are attached. When I saw these framed out, it made me think it resembled lines on a field....so to the ceiling the paint went. I hired a company in Jackson (Saver's Painting) to paint...great job...be glad to get you in touch. The only thing not hand painted is the Power T at mid-field and the 2 SEC logos.

Super impressive! I used to be in Jackson all the time...not much these days...that would be worth the 2 1/2 drive though...nice work!!

VN Store

Back