This is looking like a Va. Tech Class

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
May not be what people want to hear, but this recruiting class has the look and feel so far of the type of classes they get at Va Tech........loading 3 star guys with better character, work ethic, team guys who are underrated.....

I saw where at least 1 analyst picked them pre-season to win the NC........TIFWIW

I'll take that over busted 4 and 5-star dreams any day of the week......(Donald, Vinson, Warren, O-neal, A. Paige, Myles, B. brown, Nuke Bomb, etc, etc, etc)

I can't understand why so many judge a player or class before they even play a down.

after we go 7-5 and maybe/maybe not win a bowl game we'll have a top 15 class.. book it. we're in good hands gentlemen

May not be what people want to hear, but this recruiting class has the look and feel so far of the type of classes they get at Va Tech........loading 3 star guys with better character, work ethic, team guys who are underrated.....

I saw where at least 1 analyst picked them pre-season to win the NC........TIFWIW

I'll take that over busted 4 and 5-star dreams any day of the week......(Donald, Vinson, Warren, O-neal, A. Paige, Myles, B. brown, Nuke Bomb, etc, etc, etc)

Same thing can be said of Utah year before last. I just can't seem to remember that one team that felt Utah didn't belong in the BCS Bowl game year before last. Now who was that??? LOL
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Same thing can be said of Utah year before last. I just can't seem to remember that one team that felt Utah didn't belong in the BCS Bowl game year before last. Now who was that??? LOL

Now we're playing in the Mountain West?

I said nothing bout MWC. I was talking bout Utah's '09 Sugar Bowl win over Bama. Try reading before posting. It helps with comprehension.

I said nothing bout MWC. I was talking bout Utah's '09 Sugar Bowl win over Bama. Try reading before posting. It helps with comprehension.

Good point. They won one game against an SEC team, therefore, we can win an SEC title with MWC talent.

brilliant_lg.jpg

The convo is about teams that stack their roster with *3 stars and are conpetetive because of character and coaching. Again read first before replying.

Nothing to do with a conference etc, just the mention of another team full of 3 stars that beat up on a team that was ranked #1 majority of the season that year which was Bama.

The convo is about teams that stack their roster with *3 stars and are conpetetive because of character and coaching. Again read first before replying.

The teams mentioned in this thread play in the ACC and the MWC. They don't have to play the last 2 National Champions, Alabama and Florida, on an annual basis. We do. Utah talent isn't going to win an SEC title. Period.

Nothing to do with a conference etc, just the mention of another team full of 3 stars that beat up on a team that was ranked #1 majority of the season that year which was Bama.

One game. Not the same as an entire SEC season.

The teams mentioned in this thread play in the ACC and the MWC. They don't have to play the last 2 National Champions, Alabama and Florida, on an annual basis. We do. Utah talent isn't going to win an SEC title. Period.

Last 3 national champions when you throw in LSU.

But they're able to compete with and occasionally beat the big dogs. Seems like a good place to start to get this ship turned around don't you think? Our talent level is down right now and depth is pathetic. I'd gladly take a program full of dedicated hard working 3* that win what they're supposed to and upset some they're not to build a base and get the bigger recruits interested. This is not a quick fix. There's not going to be a magic turn around. You have to start somewhere. You're expecting/wanting elite results without the prior steps of building this program back up.

Fill the roster back up with solid talent. Win a couple of more games next year than we do this year (and honestly that shouldn't be hard to do) and you get better recruits. Then the next year win even more, compete with the big dogs, and start getting the elite talent again. It's not rocket science.

I agree with the poster of the thread. I am not saying that these are the classes you sign every year, but you need a foundation of high quality young men that instill the attitude that is required to win in football and in life. We have had plenty of talented thugs that don't play more than a year or two. You get role models to mold troubled talented players into role models. You need both talent and character. Character cannot be coached as easily. I think we will be ok.

I agree and right now, completely satisfied with taking a VT type class. We are rebuilding a majority of the 4/5 *s are going to be tough to reel in. 3 coaches in 3 years is difficult for any coach to recover from.

It's totally irrelevent though when it pertains to Tennessee.
Winning an individual game means nothing. Having to compete against an SEC schedule week in and week out is what you have to do at Tennessee,. Tennessee would do just fine with "Va Tech or Utah type classes" if they were competing against teams in the Mountain West or ACC. They aren't.

LOL @ all the character threads. Sorry but they've become so predictable.

Translation = when you aren't recruiting well, the "high character" posts will sky-rocket!

Saw the same posts for the 06 and 08 classes. It will never cease.

I have to agree with some of Montrell's sentiments. UF and Bama are championship programs. They have DEPTH....quality depth to withstand a brutal SEC schedule. They are well coached and disciplined, too, but to go through the gauntlet in our conference you need to have a depth chart full of solid players. Vtech would not stand a chance here, and I laugh at the idea of a Utah making it through our conference unscathed.

They have DEPTH....quality depth to withstand a brutal SEC schedule.

+1000. This is something that is totally overlooked by most fans, especially when coming up with these Va Tech, Utah, etc...comparisons. They would have no chance getting through the SEC unscathed or even close to it with their rosters.

VN Store

Back