This is in really bad taste

Giffords, D-Ariz., is still recovering after being shot in the head by 22-year-old Jared Loughner in January. Six others were shot and killed at the open meeting the Congresswoman was holding at a Tucson Safeway grocery store.

I agree. If there was a story written it should have been about the trash that committed the crime.

Should have been better thought out but it's not as if they are promoting it as the same type gun. I'm guessing it's a pretty popular gun.

I own a glock 23. As do two of my friends. Very common handgun and very reliable, for the price.

An enormous reach. Glocks are extremely popular, so the "make" of pistol is perfectly reasonable given their popularity. Maybe if they were in fact using the exact same model used in the shooting it would look worse but they aren't. (in fact they can't even get the caliber right in the 2nd paragraph as they list both .45 and .40)

For an analogy it's like if Giffords had been run over by a Ford Ranger and people getting upset that they were raffling off a Ford Explorer. Same "make", not the same thing.

I will concede they probably could have avoided much of this by going with a nice rifle or shotgun though.

Honestly, its not a big deal to raffle off a gun. Its the location that's the problem, imo. bham is right.

More liberal garbage. The Glock handgun is carried by 90% of police forces in this country. If I remember correctly, Giffords herself owns a G19.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

yet another gun thread that doesn't live up to the title

How is this outrageous. I wouldn't even be surprised if their was an actual malicious raffle for "the gun that nearly killed her". I have very low expectations for much of our citizens.

Last edited:
I think it's in bad taste because they are raffling a gun that is clearly ineffective...:ninja:

Too soon?

The only thing that is in freaking bad taste is that
the dhimmicraps and the media would try to make an
issue of it.

The GOP has been holding this fundraiser raffle for
years, last years winner didn't pick up his prize so
they are raffling it off again.

rather_than_liberal_egg_head.jpg

I own a glock 23. As do two of my friends. Very common handgun and very reliable, for the price.

So do many law enforcement officials.

I think it's in bad taste because they are raffling a gun that is clearly ineffective...:ninja:

Too soon?

The family of that little nine year old girl might beg
to differ as to the weapons effectiveness.

If there had been anyone at the rally besides the
shooter who had one then the carnage would have
been stopped before Giffords was wounded and six
other people were killed.

Did anyone else see this in the article:

Giffords’ spokesman Mark Kimble declined to comment on the gun raffle, saying only that “we don’t, as a Congressional office, get involved in political issues at all.”

Was Obama's appearance at a thug rally "in really bad taste"? How about the union leader's promise to "take out" the TP? That sounds pretty "uncivil" if not a threat of violence.

You get upset over the raffle of a very common handgun. Who knows if those holding the rally even knew it was the same gun? You throw all kinds of accusations at the TP... who are without question the most CIVIL and peaceful mass protesters in American history. But union thuggery doesn't seem to bother you at all.

You wouldn't be worthy of notice except for the fact that you represent the "left" very well. Your posts here are very "typical".

Was Obama's appearance at a thug rally "in really bad taste"? How about the union leader's promise to "take out" the TP? That sounds pretty "uncivil" if not a threat of violence.

You get upset over the raffle of a very common handgun. Who knows if those holding the rally even knew it was the same gun? You throw all kinds of accusations at the TP... who are without question the most CIVIL and peaceful mass protesters in American history. But union thuggery doesn't seem to bother you at all.

You wouldn't be worthy of notice except for the fact that you represent the "left" very well. Your posts here are very "typical".

As long as you refer to people as thugs just because they belong to unions, it seems to me that there isn't much point in having a discussion.

As long as you refer to people as thugs just because they belong to unions, it seems to me that there isn't much point in having a discussion.

so this statement isn't thuggish?

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of *****es out and give America back to an America where we belong,"

so this statement isn't thuggish?

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of *****es out and give America back to an America where we belong,"

That's not what sjt said. You are quoting Hoffa. But sjt said it was a rally of thugs.

I don't like his statement. Its over the top rhetoric and I find it empty and needlessly antagonistic.

Much like saying that a union meeting is by definition a meeting of thugs.

your hypocrisy knows no bounds. He is the leader of the movement and had it been a TP member saying the same you would have condemned the whole lot. Sad

VN Store

Back