This is in really bad taste

So in your opinion the "makers" are just as much of a problem as the "takers"? You believe those who are already producing ALL of the nation's wealth and paying for ALL these entitlements should bear even more of the burden? What "burden" are the recipients being asked to bear? Are they being told to go back to work? Are they being put in forced labor pools?

This all goes back to the left's very fundamental ignorance or disregard for what creates wealth.

Now we get to the nub of it, the haves and the have-nots.

The hundreds of billions and trillions on their cash reserve sheets?

That money has already been taxed. How many more times do you propose to tax it?

Even if that weren't true, do you really want to tax away the fuel needed to create the jobs needed for a full recovery? Pretty stupid idea, huh?

Also... do you understand who has cash reserves right now? It is companies that were responsible and run conservatively so that they could weather bad times. Is that really who you think ought to be punished right now? Those who didn't overspend?

Now we get to the nub of it, the haves and the have-nots.

Nope. Makers and takers.

The object should be to make more makers and fewer takers. You do that by incentivizing those who create jobs and thus more "makers" and de-incentivizing those who would take without making a contribution. (FTR, the disabled and elderly are not the subject here).

Your proposal (parrotting Obama) would reduce the means of the program recipients while also reducing the capacity of companies to create jobs for them.

The problem is instability and uncertainty in the economy. The #1 destabilizing force is Obama and his economic/regulatory policies. In spite of what you have swallowed from other libs, companies aren't sitting on capital to be mean or even to hurt Obama. They are sitting on it because the risks are too high that they will lose their investment because of increased taxes and regulations coupled with poor economic policies. If they had any reason to doubt Obama's disregard for their investment capital... they'd only need to take a look at GM investors under his bail out plan.

Let's say you own your own business. I come to you and say that I will not let you operate your business unless you give me money. You resist, so I bribe (sorry, give donations) to my favorite politicians and get them to pass laws saying that you must indeed give me what I want in order to operate your business. Then, periodically, I come back to you and demand that you give me more whenever I want, regardless of what that does to your bottom line. In my world, that is extortion. It is wrong and immoral. It is also a union. Unions by their very nature are evil.

If I don't want to work for you for the price you offer, I'll give you a counter proposal, if you don't want to pay it, we agree to part ways. You hire someone else who fits your needs and I go to a job that will pay me what I am worth. If no one is willing to pay me what I want, then I am obviously not worth what I think I am. If the value I add a company is as high as I think, then they will hire me out of their own self interest. If my value is not as high, then it is bad for the company, bad for the consumer and bad for the economy for the company to pay me more than I am worth.

Have you ever noticed that unions are almost invariably for jobs that any trained monkey can do? Get a real skill set and you pick the company.

VN Store

Back