This Football Program Has No Clear Direction

FirstAndGoal

What is the deal with hiring a new assistant coach when most pundits think Pruitt is going to be terminated with cause? The weeks of 'no' information is ridiculous. Recruiting took a hit and players continue to exit in the transfer portal. This is dismal. Why have we not just cleaned it up and given Fulmer and Pruitt the keys to the street? It's easy math... 3-7 in year three still getting blown out by your top 3 conference opponents (Alabama, Florida and Georgia) with recruiting investigations going on? Is there a pandemic problem moving the buyout money? Just mask up and load the truck! Over it.

Last edited:
What is the deal with hiring a new assistant coach when most pundits think Pruitt is going to be terminated with cause? The weeks of 'no' information is ridiculous. Recruiting took a hit and players continue to exit in the transfer portal. This is dismal. Why have we not just cleaned it up and given Fulmer and Pruitt the keys to the street? It's easy math... 3-7 in year three still getting blown out by your top 3 conference opponents (Alabama, Florida and Georgia) with recruiting investigations going on? Is there a problem moving the buyout money due to COVID-19? Just mask up and load the truck. Over it.
Money is no issue. If they need the money, they can always find it.

What is the deal with hiring a new assistant coach when most pundits think Pruitt is going to be terminated with cause? The weeks of 'no' information is ridiculous. Recruiting took a hit and players continue to exit in the transfer portal. This is dismal. Why have we not just cleaned it up and given Fulmer and Pruitt the keys to the street? It's easy math... 3-7 in year three still getting blown out by your top 3 conference opponents (Alabama, Florida and Georgia) with recruiting investigations going on? Is there a pandemic problem moving the buyout money? Just mask up and load the truck! Over it.

Attachments

• 1610598077728.gif
    1610598077728.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
Fulmer could not direct his own career when the conference began to get competitive, how in the world would anyone expect him to direct the entire program when the SEC went ultra competitive as the premier college football conference in America?

You would not expect Barney Fife to direct Seal Team Six, why would you let a washed up football coach that destroyed his own career anywhere near UT Athletics?

I’m still hopeful......come on don’t drag me down just yet.

Coaching searches......and even the thought of coaching searches, is all I got as a Vol fan now days.

Let’s pretend they know Pruitt is going to be gone. Then pretend their getting “some” staff in place before a good coaching hire.......I already know it’s not happening......but let me hope for just a minute.......until the ball is dropped once again.

Maybe there is something we're just not seeing...

I'm trying to grasp the Steel hire from all angles, and it just doesn't make sense, if we're trying to close the gap.
Steele is just a bridge till we get everything sorted out. Short contract low money. I think it’s clear we’re going to have Steele or Pruitt at the helm next year till this crap gets sorted out. Keep in mind with Covid likely the investigation drags out, ncaa hasn’t even started. Unlikely we have a lot of options until the investigation gets sorted.

Reactions: LittleVol
What is truly baffling to me is how this has taken. Pruitt is getting interviewed tomorrow... why TF is he just now getting interviewed?

Our highly-paid AD has been stuck in Neutral for some time now, as if he's been self-neutered.
Won't move forward, won't move backward (although that's a distinct possibility).
And there's been no explanation as to why.
What's a Vol fan to do?

Big big trouble for several yeast if this is not resolved immediately. Pruitt is poison now, clean house and pay the money to hire a real coach. No one will likely agree but hire Kiffin to jump start this catastrophe!!

Looking more and more like the pundits are FOS to me.

Seems like Fulmer is trying to prop Pruitt up with the hiring of Steele. I dont think they commit 900 K to a coach in a secondary role if they are planning on major changes.
Then Fulmer will go down with the ship when the decks on this Titanic are soon cleared.

The few Jeremy Pruitt skeptics on here back in December 2017 proved out to be right and I wasn't one of them. I foolishly bought in and swear I'll never invest hopes in any coach from here on out until I see a track record of results. Two to three years of WINS. And wins are the ONLY results that count. Everything else is and always has been a bunch of empty talk.

No one will likely agree but hire Kiffin to jump start this catastrophe!!
You mean hire the guy back that caused most of this to begin with?

That's like raising the Titanic & going full steam again right at an ice berg to hope you bust right thru it this time to keep going

Reactions: onevol74
Big big trouble for several yeast if this is not resolved immediately. Pruitt is poison now, clean house and pay the money to hire a real coach. No one will likely agree but hire Kiffin to jump start this catastrophe!!
If I am a 2022 recruit I see no value in this program. Too much instability. We are looking at another “if” year or two.

Reactions: igotworms
When is the last time Fulmer made a public appearance? Any public appearances since he made the statement that he had CoVid? I know he’s issued statements since his positive CoVid test. But, I don’t recall seeing him at a bball game or anything else recently.
Thanks for info.

Come out and give us some clarity, Phil! Players are trickling out on the fball program, and your silence is deafening!

VN Store

Back