This fanbase infuriates me.

and you think Butch has been an innocent little kitten in his tenure at UT? don't be so naive.

Butch Jones has done nothing to disgrace this University and Football program the way Briles has to Baylor. He is a disgraceful football coach and a disgraceful human being. No amount of winning is worth overlooking what Briles has done.

I will support your argument that we need to look for a new coach, but I will never get on board with Art Briles coming to Tennessee.

If Briles came to Knoxville and had us in the playoff in two years not one of you on here would complain. You would be talking about what an amazing hire that was and consecrating him as the savior of UT football. Don't kid yourselves. The only thing that matters in the Win/Loss column as is evident by the fan reaction over the last three weeks.
I can guarantee you I would have a problem with it. There are some things in life more important than winning football games.

Reactions: 1 person
I can guarantee you I would have a problem with it. There are some things in life more important than winning football games.

UT fans would have a problem with it right up to the time they were booking thier tickets to the SEC championship and National championship games. If he were to get us there in two years people would be asking what title IX is. I'm not saying I agree with it and I'm not saying title IX isn't important but former transgressions would take a back seat to the trophy room and everyone knows it.

For multiple reasons, but I will try to be brief and short here.

We are playing in the SEC Least, this division is absolutely terrible and is filled with mediocre coaches including Butch. Nobody in this division is dominant, we finally have some sort of talent and this program is ready for a proven winner to come in and takeover now.

There is no reason to drag this out any longer and delay the inevitable. We need to get the ball rolling on this. At the very least we could hire Art Briles. He is desperate to get back into coaching and he is a proven winner. However, many on you will whine and complain about title 9 and whatever. Cool, but Louisville hired Petrino and you think they are still complaining?

Any competent coach walks into this division and "Owns it:eek:lol:". Coaching is the only difference between us and the upper echelon. Butch nailed his coffin with the hire of his buddy Mike Debord. Let him sink.

The longer we wait, the worse it gets. Dooley should've been gone earlier when all the signs were there. Don't make the same mistake. Hire a proven winner. Spend the money.

Butch is the best man for HC but he is in need of OC AND DC

You actually went to UT and would be ok with a scumbag like Briles? After everything that went down at Baylor, you'd be ok with that piece of garbage being associated with your university?
That's the problem with a huge swath of our fan base, they would hire Satan himself to get a national championship. They have no regard for the long-term consequences. They would take wins right now in exchange for integrity and longevity of the program. They talk about bringing back Kiffin are hiring art briles or Petrino without regard to the fact that we would likely end up in NCAA purgatory they don't realize that the team could very easily finish 10 and 3 with another strong bowl game. Everybody seems to have amnesia over how bad we were for the 8 years or so before Bush arrived. Apparently we were a 12-win team prior to Butch getting here. Butch has destroyed this program.

Problem is we have a deadbeat AD that is just sitting on a seat that he is walking away from. He has no pressure.

There is no reason to drag this out any longer and delay the inevitable. We need to get the ball rolling on this. At the very least we could hire Art Briles. He is desperate to get back into coaching and he is a proven winner. However, many on you will whine and complain about title 9 and whatever. Cool, but Louisville hired Petrino and you think they are still complaining?

and no one cares anymore! why? he's winning!

Also. listen, I never said Briles was the top choice. I said he would take the job if we struck out on everyone else. You obviously still do your due diligence.

So you're on here complaining that UT fans are ok with mediocrity, but isn't what you've said here "settling" for a coach "if we struck out on everyone else"? Taking a guy who's desperate for a job? Come on man. Go outside, go for a jog. You're making a fool of yourself.

I'll tell you what infuriates me...

When some dumb@$$ fan wants to fire a guy who is probably going to be 10-3 at the end of this year, following a 9-4 season. Hey chief, 3 years ago we were 5-7 and couldn't go bowling. The guy before him, yea, a whole lotta 5-7. If Butch sucks next year and we're 6-6/7-5 then yea, let's move on. But goodness don't pull a Hurd and quit halfway through.
I hope your right but I just don't see 10 wins. I may be wrong but I could see us losing 1 or 2 games the way we have been playing.

We are playing in the SEC Least, this division is absolutely terrible and is filled with mediocre coaches including Butch. Nobody in this division is dominant, we finally have some sort of talent and this program is ready for a proven winner to come in and takeover now.

Any competent coach walks into this division and "Owns it:eek:lol:". Coaching is the only difference between us and the upper echelon. Butch nailed his coffin with the hire of his buddy Mike Debord. Let him sink.

The longer we wait, the worse it gets. Dooley should've been gone earlier when all the signs were there. Don't make the same mistake. Hire a proven winner. Spend the money.

Never and I mean never post asinine posts here ever again.

I hope your right but I just don't see 10 wins. I may be wrong but I could see us losing 1 or 2 games the way we have been playing.

Last year we were sitting 3-4 and then won out. We beat Florida this year. 2 in a row on UGA. Yea losing to SC sucks, trust me, I live down here and have to hear about it. But win out and I'll live. And I think Jones should too.

You are serious about Briles? Are you nuts?

Drama makes this board go round. I do smell smoke, so that could only mean one thing......... FIRE

You are serious about Briles? Are you nuts?

Wouldn't hire Pearl back at a discounted price and thinks we're gonna hire Art Briles 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Agreed.. It's not UT's style though to make a bold hire. They reach for the low hanging fruit every time, and hold on to the rotten ones way too long.. They worry about PR instead of winning football games, and what someone thinks of them more than winning. They have a built in cushion though. A gullible fan base that they can keep selling false hope too keeps showing up to the games. They're so lucky..

VN Store

Back