This fanbase infuriates me.

VolunteerAlumni

For multiple reasons, but I will try to be brief and short here.

We are playing in the SEC Least, this division is absolutely terrible and is filled with mediocre coaches including Butch. Nobody in this division is dominant, we finally have some sort of talent and this program is ready for a proven winner to come in and takeover now.

There is no reason to drag this out any longer and delay the inevitable. We need to get the ball rolling on this. At the very least we could hire Art Briles. He is desperate to get back into coaching and he is a proven winner. However, many on you will whine and complain about title 9 and whatever. Cool, but Louisville hired Petrino and you think they are still complaining?

Any competent coach walks into this division and "Owns it:eek:lol:". Coaching is the only difference between us and the upper echelon. Butch nailed his coffin with the hire of his buddy Mike Debord. Let him sink.

The longer we wait, the worse it gets. Dooley should've been gone earlier when all the signs were there. Don't make the same mistake. Hire a proven winner. Spend the money.

Reactions: 28 people
For multiple reasons, but I will try to be brief and short here.

We are playing in the SEC Least, this division is absolutely terrible and is filled with mediocre coaches including Butch. Nobody in this division is dominant, we finally have some sort of talent and this program is ready for a proven winner to come in and takeover now.

There is no reason to drag this out any longer and delay the inevitable. We need to get the ball rolling on this. At the very least we could hire Art Briles. He is desperate to get back into coaching and he is a proven winner. However, many on you will whine and complain about title 9 and whatever. Cool, but Louisville hired Petrino and you think they are still complaining?

Any competent coach walks into this division and Owns it. Coaching is the only difference between us and the upper echelon. Butch nailed his coffin with the hire of his buddy Mike Debord. Let him sink.

The longer we wait, the worse it gets. Dooley should've been gone earlier when all the signs were there. Don't make the same mistake. Hire a proven winner. Spend the money.

I agree, but it will not be Briles.

Reactions: 7 people
Nothing better than coming off a Title 9 issue that made national news than to hire Art Briles.

Are you drunk already? This is just ridiculous beyond belief.

P.S. Please do not aspire to be in public relations. I sense a short and firey death for your career.

Reactions: 4 people
The fanbase doesn't do the hiring and firing. Don't get me wrong, we have all of the answers but we don't have the authority to make those changes.

We don't infuriate you.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm saying at the very least it could be him. No doubt he takes this job. And it would be a huge upgrade.

You actually went to UT and would be ok with a scumbag like Briles? After everything that went down at Baylor, you'd be ok with that piece of garbage being associated with your university?

Reactions: 6 people
Hey OP, Ive been saying this for years now. This fanbase has been and will always be soft and accept mediocrity. No accountability, no finger pointing, cant criticize any player or staff member, no negativity allowed, etc....its pathetic. I think most fans forget that we are a top 10 program of all time and DESERVE BETTER.

Reactions: 2 people
Was CPF a proven winner? No but he surrounded himself with good coaches and he won a bunch of games. Not saying Butch can do it but he has the work ethic to do it. He just needs to upgrade his staff and let them do their jobs. He loves it here and with out a doubt wants Tennessee to be the best it can be. If he is unwilling to hire the best coordinators and assistant coaches available and let them do their job then Butch needs to shown the door.

yeah, sorry I want to win.

Louisville was criticized for hiring Petrino. Now no one cares, you know why? He's winning

Petrino was busted banging a staff member after taking a spill on a bike. Briles oversaw one of the most egregious epsiodes in years involving sexual assault and cover-ups involving players and police.

PLEASE tell me you see a difference....

Reactions: 6 people
If Briles came to Knoxville and had us in the playoff in two years not one of you on here would complain. You would be talking about what an amazing hire that was and consecrating him as the savior of UT football. Don't kid yourselves. The only thing that matters in the Win/Loss column as is evident by the fan reaction over the last three weeks.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm ok with going a different direction than Butch, but after our Title IX suit, OP honestly do you really think that our administration would even think about offering a guy with Briles history???

Petrino was busted banging a staff member after taking a spill on a bike. Briles oversaw one of the most egregious epsiodes in years involving sexual assault and cover-ups involving players and police.

PLEASE tell me you see a difference....

and you think Butch has been an innocent little kitten in his tenure at UT? don't be so naive.

If Briles came to Knoxville and had us in the playoff in two years not one of you on here would complain. You would be talking about what an amazing hire that was and consecrating him as the savior of UT football. Don't kid yourselves. The only thing that matters in the Win/Loss column as is evident by the fan reaction over the last three weeks.

I swear there is a small % on here who would eat their first born to beat Bama, or win the East, or fill in the blank. I am not in that camp.

I do say you spend the $$ at all cost as the return when you win is there. But I do have limits Sir. And for me, Mr. Briles is one of those limits.

Oh, and I wanted to remind you, be sure to write in Anthony Wiener as your pick for POTUS.

You couldn't be more wrong. No way I'd cheer for a team led by that guy. UT means more than that

VN Store

Back