This fall is our best chance to beat Bama the next 4 years

I actually think this is our best chance since Kiffin was here. We have more experience than they do. We need decent qb play & a WR to step up. Sure they are reloading but there is no way they replace equally the talent they lost on offense & a new OC to boot.
Got crack?

That’s not the point, how can anyone say this is our best shot at beating Bama? That’s just asinine.

We have a whole new coaching staff, have had a ton of player turnover, we’re running a completely new offense and defense, and we play at Bama. Sometimes our fan base just makes dumb statements and threads, and it gives our whole fan base a bad name.

What we should say is give us a year to implement or system, scheme, and players, and next year, at Neyland will be our best chance to beat Bama in years...And even that might be a stretch

Reactions: Mtnvol80
That’s not the point, how can anyone say this is our best shot at beating Bama? That’s just asinine.

We have a whole new coaching staff, have had a ton of player turnover, we’re running a completely new offense and defense, and we play at Bama. Sometimes our fan base just makes dumb statements and threads, and it gives our whole fan base a bad name.

What we should say is give us a year to implement or system, scheme, and players, and next year, at Neyland will be our best chance to beat Bama in years...And even that might be a stretch
Did you watch Bama's Spring game yesterday.

They are vulnerable this season....

Maybe, their greatest strength has been the lack of unforced turnovers. Will Blake be as effective as Mac under that pressure to not make a mistake?
What pressure do you think we can generate? Again Bama will beat the hell out of us. Heupel maybe the savior of the program, hell he could be the greatest coach in history and next it won’t matter.

What pressure do you think we can generate? Again Bama will beat the hell out of us. Heupel maybe the savior of the program, hell he could be the greatest coach in history and next it won’t matter.
Depends on how big a risk we’re willing to take and when. On any given play if we’re willing to give up a score on a gamble Blake could be looking out his ear hole hearing their fans grown as we score on defense. AIR every one of our defensive coaches have a history of aggression resulting in turn overs. After the last 3 years watching teams score at will while we can’t force a TO I really don’t see our defense being any worse

I actually think this is our best chance since Kiffin was here. We have more experience than they do. We need decent qb play & a WR to step up. Sure they are reloading but there is no way they replace equally the talent they lost on offense & a new OC to boot.
We hear this about them and UF every year and they always end up studded out

lIn all seriousness, and be honest, does any Vol fan really believe we will come within 21 points against Bama this year?

If so, please explain why.

Best chance doesn’t = a realistic chance. I agree they may have some gaps early but the pure talent on that roster leaves about 3-4 teams that could actually exploit them. Unfortunately we aren’t likely one of them.

lIn all seriousness, and be honest, does any Vol fan really believe we will come within 21 points against Bama this year?

If so, please explain why.
It'll be as ugly as Nick Saban wants it to be.

He may be upset if he lost to aTm or MState as week or two before and hang 60 on us.

He may want to send a "welcome to the SEC" message to Heupel and completely control the tempo and run a bunch of odd defensive shifts to embarrass the hell out of him..... and put our QB in electroconvulsive therapy.

Or, if LSU isn't weak gumbo, he might just dial it in to 20 or so and call it a day while looking ahead.

I'm hoping for option #3.

And you know this how???
Why are you even here??? All you do is crap on Tennessee.

Oh and BTW, Heupel is 2-0 against Kiffin.
Do some damn research...

Because CLK has been noted as one of the best offensive minds in college football for years. Nobody knew there was such a thing as Josh Heupel 'til he got the UT job.

Yes this is the year, just like the past 14 years, this has got to be the year. NOT

Saban said before the game they were going to just play vanilla on the O and D and give a lot of guys chances to play. To read anything about the real AL team from the spring game would be delusional. But I like the OP's optimism.

VN Store

Back