This comment from a rival player...

Nobody was a better sport after getting body slammed than Luck. Retiring at 29 is the payoff. Tell you the truth I don't think your QB finished the Bama game last season and he was taking a pretty good beating his freshmen year as well. The kid is a gamer.
Doesn't finish games.

Is gamer.

Ok.

How many sacks if JG had any awareness whatsoever? If he wasn't locked on his first read like a heat sinking missile. If he wasn't frozen in place with lead feet.

As someone else eloquently said, "If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough."
Bray or Dobbs would make the line look good.

Reactions: VFL21 and Rockyjr
UF’s starting MLB who spent enough time close to JG last September to make an informed response to the reporter’s question.
Yeah, that was brutal; but it definitely wasn't JG's fault at all imho... not sure I've seen worse OL play at this level. Guys get crushed enough, they get gun-shy; saw it happen to a couple UF QB's in recent memory. Guess we'll see if the OL has improved at all and if he can shake it off going forward.

Last edited:
Doesn't finish games.

Is gamer.

Ok.

It makes sense if you watch this kid getting laid low time after time and he keeps getting up. Andrew Luck stayed down a few times. He missed almost 2 years of regular-season games with serious injuries. Both are tough hombres.

I have yet to see him piss and moan about anything. JG was highly regarded for his roughness last year. He could quit and transfer this year if he wants and with this fan base.

His OL SUCKS. They allowed Georgia State to get FOUR SACKS!!! I don’t care if JG holds onto the ball for FIVE seconds, we should have manhandled them and instead our OL got manhandled. All you have to look at is the -2 yards rushing we got along with those sacks.

That is what this Gator player meant. Our OL couldn’t protect their own Mothers. If any of them want to see the NFL, they had better get with it.

Sure, JG could get better, and he will over the next two years. Just like Crompton and Peterman did.

It's pretty bad that Crompton and Peterman are now the benchmarks for QB play here now.

JG has his limitations. We all do but he’s also been victim of the worst coaching rodeo that was ever put together the last 3 yrs. Scott & Helton were terrible OCs and Chaney got a “F” for coaching last week.

Reactions: Rockyjr
JG has his limitations. We all do but he’s also been victim of the worst coaching rodeo that was ever put together the last 3 yrs. Scott & Helton were terrible OCs and Chaney got a “F” for coaching last week.
Makes you start wondering though. Is JG making all these other coaches look bad or the other way around?

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It's pretty bad that Crompton and Peterman are now the benchmarks for QB play here now.
Not what I was saying. I was saying those are two examples of below average QBs that Chaney turned into better than average QBs. Dobbs is our most recent benchmark.

Apparently you didn’t watch the 2017 Georgia Tech game and his tantrums on the sidelines ... and JG graduates this year....he won’t be back for 2 more
Not saying he will be back for two more, just one. He is a RS Junior.

Of course he hasn’t. He’s the starter. He was acting like damn McGregor at Auburn but you don’t see him doing anything to fire the team up last week or any other losses.

Fact is he can’t see a blitz or an open receiver down the field. He will continually throw for a few yards or less 95% of the time.

I’m sure you say that about Pruitt now but had a different tune before.

I did have a different tune. I will admit that. I need to see what he says translate on the field is what I am saying. We will see about JG. Chaney works wonders.

Agree. You should link the video of Andrew Luck saying, "good hit big guy" every time he gets sacked.

Look where Luck is today. He quit because he was continuously hurt from the beatings he took. JG was hit a lot last year.

Probably half of the sacks he took was his inability to count and his inability to read defenses at any level. The other half was the ineptness of the line. Those percentages may shift a little depending on your perspective, but not all the sacks were on the OL

JG is an analytics geek’s dream. Rating always high. Completions through the roof. Few ints. The thing is, he just isn’t a good QB where it matters - game awareness and the will to win.

Is he a tough kid? Yes. Does that really matter given his other shortfalls? Not so much, imho.

I did have a different tune. I will admit that. I need to see what he says translate on the field is what I am saying. We will see about JG. Chaney works wonders.

Chaney may can simplify some plays for him but at this point. I think we've seen the ceiling for JG. He's just not seeing the field and I think it may be to late to have an ahhh haaaa moment where the light bulb comes on. If it does awesome but I don't expect it

A reporter asked Florida LB David Reese if he'd ever felt sorry for a QB. His response: "Only QB Ive ever felt sorry for was maybe last year against Tennessee because he looked like he had enough."

Few things football-related are more humiliating than a storied rival taking pity on you like that. It's sad.

ZZZzzzzz

Chaney may can simplify some plays for him but at this point. I think we've seen the ceiling for JG. He's just not seeing the field and I think it may be to late to have an ahhh haaaa moment where the light bulb comes on. If it does awesome but I don't expect it

I can respect that position. I am weary as well, but was going to wait until the end of the year.

I got what you were saying.

Just kind of sad that the school that produced Peyton Manning and Heath Shuler has to hope we can get Peterman or Crompton level production out of the position now.

Not what I was saying. I was saying those are two examples of below average QBs that Chaney turned into better than average QBs. Dobbs is our most recent benchmark.

Reactions: vegasvolfan

I'd like to see them use more bootlegs and roll outs like they did with Crompton. Maybe some RPOs to throw in some misdirection as well with the emphasis on the P.

Cuts the field in half so JG wouldnt have to process as much.

I'd like to see them use more bootlegs and roll outs like they did with Crompton. Maybe some RPOs to throw in some misdirection as well with the emphasis on the P.

Cuts the field in half so JG wouldnt have to process as much.
They should've already put that in the playbook for him. We'll see what they have planned tomorrow.
JG better come out balling tomorrow though. He's got to know his backup is itching for a chance

Looking forward to the JG era to be over
I think the Butch and JG eras are tied together. We want up with Dobbs and now down with JG. I don’t understand how we can beat Auburn on the road last year and can’t beat Georgia State at home in our opener. There should be enough “pissed off” on the field against BYU this weekend to float the Vol Navy. Go Vols! You can do this if you come together and Vol out!

VN Store

Back