This comment from a rival player...

Still using the OL excuse, huh? It wasn't the whole truth a year ago; now it's just false. They weren't great but they were miles better than the guy they protected.
Wait wait wait - you’re saying the OL is not a problem? It was only a little problem last year and now it’s all fixed up? This place is amazing.....

Well he’s just speaking the truth. This would be prime locker room poster material but unfortunately, JG has never had a killer mentality.

Actually... crazy thing is, he had a bit of killer instinct in High School at Bergen Catholic.
He was decisive in when he needed to run. And ran hard.

His team played IMG Academy, and JG was the best player on the field that day. I was never a fan of his mechanical nature, but he was a very competitive aggressive player in high school.

I don't know what happened...

I Saw that. Doesn't surprise me. When things don't go JG' s way, he adopts a certain body language. He kinda quits trying and starts being mopy d!ck. Looking lost, falling down and making dumb throws. It IS pitiful. Saw it in the fourth quarter against Georgia State.
It doesn't seem like Jarrett Guantanamo has much heart and guts at all

Reactions: Big Al Orange
A reporter asked Florida LB David Reese if he'd ever felt sorry for a QB. His response: "Only QB Ive ever felt sorry for was maybe last year against Tennessee because he looked like he had enough."

Few things football-related are more humiliating than a storied rival taking pity on you like that. It's sad.

We once did the same with Alabama when one of our players told Bryant, "There ain't no pride in them jersey's, coach." If you ask me, it indicates humanity as opposed to mockery.

Well let me see you get the sense knocked out of you by a defense that has its ears laid back cause the OL is playing like a bunch of 5th graders and see how you feel after about 3 hours of getting up off your back side. You probably look like you had enough too.
Not to mention SIX turnovers in that game.:rolleyes:

Reactions: RollerVol
Still using the OL excuse, huh? It wasn't the whole truth a year ago; now it's just false. They weren't great but they were miles better than the guy they protected.

And the defense? Do they bear any responsibility for the loss? Do they play better knowing there’s a new QB replacing JG? How does replacing JG do anything to help a defense that gave up 38 to gaSt?

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I find it interesting that everyone seems to think replacing JG with a QB who has never played will suddenly make the defense play like they give a crap and the Oline like they can block somebody for more than a nanosecond.

You do realize that part of the defense being bad is not having an offense that extends drives, keeping the defense off the field.

And no one is saying bringing in JT or BM will result in 400 yards passing and 50 points. We know what The offense’s ceiling is with JG. We don’t know what it is with BM/JT. There is only one way to find out.

There were a lot of issues with the GSU box score, but Time of Possession was absurd.

Asking for 1-2 series for the backups, mostly BM, will not solve all issues but will be a good barometer to see where they stand currently in the system

Reactions: 007Racer
Actually... crazy thing is, he had a bit of killer instinct in High School at Bergen Catholic.
He was decisive in when he needed to run. And ran hard.

His team played IMG Academy, and JG was the best player on the field that day. I was never a fan of his mechanical nature, but he was a very competitive aggressive player in high school.

I don't know what happened...

Four offensive coordinators in four years. Different coaching philosophies. Coming to Tennessee was the worst thing JG could have done. The fans don't appreciate him, and he's been put into a no-win situation by having one of the worst lines in all of college football.

The attitude towards JG makes me detest our fan base.

Reactions: HearForGrumors
If I were getting hit 50 times in 3 hours I’d want it to end as well.

Coach Pruitt doesn't have his 25 players yet who want to bleed for Tennessee...he'll get there if given a couple more years...I know, I know...nobody want to hear that...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT BYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find it interesting that everyone seems to think replacing JG with a QB who has never played will suddenly make the defense play like they give a crap and the Oline like they can block somebody for more than a nanosecond.
JG had tons of time against Ga.State and still couldnt get it done.

Wait wait wait - you’re saying the OL is not a problem? It was only a little problem last year and now it’s all fixed up? This place is amazing.....
Maybe you need to familiarize yourself with the word, "nanosecond." The post I replied to stated that the line couldn't block for more than that length of time. Even accounting for exaggeration for effect, that's still just a lie. As several other posters have noted in other threads, JG had plenty of time to throw on most plays. Even the time he got blindsided, as dozens of posters have noted, it was because he didn't recognize the blitz pre-snap. If fans watching on TV can see it, and the quarterback who's on scholarship and a redshirt junior can't, that's a problem.

And the defense? Do they bear any responsibility for the loss? Do they play better knowing there’s a new QB replacing JG? How does replacing JG do anything to help a defense that gave up 38 to gaSt?
The defense was awful. I just don't like people misrepresenting the truth, which you did by stating JG had no time to throw, which was not the case on most passing plays, as has been noted by several other posters in addition to myself.

This is true. I keep wondering... How did he look like ice man for that one game.
I hate to be that guy, but if you’re talking about Auburn last year, a lot of the balls thrown we’re up for grabs and what stood out to me was receivers going up and making plays. Of course that was over a year ago, so someone correct me if I’m wrong.
GBO!!

The defense was awful. I just don't like people misrepresenting the truth, which you did by stating JG had no time to throw, which was not the case on most passing plays, as has been noted by several other posters in addition to myself.

True, but it was GaSt, and he did throw for 311 yds. Some may have been with the score out of hand, but it’s still 311 yards which is a stat line that screams the problems were not all on the QB

I understand the feelings about JG. He is not the greatest QB in the world but he not the worse either. He is not the one that was loafing along on defense while the Georgia St. QB and running back runs around the end like we weren't even on the field. This team has multiple problems. Pride and effort are the two biggest. This is not just a JG problem. We will see what Saturday brings. I hope to see more effort and a rage of disgust for the way we played last week. I don't think tossing 2 QB's that aren't ready to play on the field is the answer either. We need help at the QB position but that is NOT the only problem this team has to over come. Not by a long shot!

Reactions: vegasvolfan
True, but it was GaSt, and he did throw for 311 yds. Some may have been with the score out of hand, but it’s still 311 yards which is a stat line that screams the problems were not all on the QB
Any starter that is remotely SEC-caliber should throw for 500 yards if he plays the entire game against Georgia State. If JG was good enough he would have been pulled in the third quarter because we would have had a three-TD (or more) lead.

VN Store

Back