This article/articles by Calhoun are sickening?

Well, he’s not exactly wrong on any of his points. Is it concerning? If it continues into next year....any of it....then yes, yes it is. Given our history, I think those issues were bound to arise this year, regardless of coach,

We have some real female cat fans. Y'all are so sensitive. Y'all get all worked up anytime someone says something not 100% positive.

There are some issues. This guy might not be right on all of them but Pruitt is still learning. He made some valid points.

Don't be such whiny arses.

5. Stubborn commitment to a conservative offense
I wouldn't say Tennessee was conservative, I would say they were extremely limited by lack of play makers, bad OL and mediocre QB play

4. Questionable handling of public relations
I love this about Coach Pruitt and despite what the article says Pruitt says what he means and means what he says. Just sounds like sour grapes from the writer, also the writer compared Pruitt to Butch in this aspect and that couldn't be any further from the truth.

3. Inexplicable clashes with players
They weren't his guys, the guys on this roster didn't fit Pruitt's culture. They were used to Butch letting the inmates run things.

2. Regression at the end of the season
How did Tennessee regress? They fizzled out for sure but when an already thin roster loses some key pieces it never works out. I will however pin the Vandy game on Pruitt, it was his job to get that team motivated to win its way into a bowl game and they failed. If there were players who didn't want to play they should have been left in Knoxville, even if they were Seniors.

1. Five losses by 25 or more points
I mean, did anyone expect anything different? I feel the Florida game got out of control quick because of dumb mistakes, the UGA was more competitive than what the score showed. Vandy was pathetic and so was Mizzou. But our roster was pathetic, no offense but there are some players Butch had on the roster that shouldn't even be playing at a Group of 5 school much less the SEC.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
There were a lot of factors that influenced our teams the past couple of years. It's hard to think about them as a whole. Easier to focus on the elements and blame them for the collapse. (Even more unfortunate is that the parable involves and elephant!)
View attachment 189813

You can tell that's the Bama elephant. Both eyes are on the same side of it's face just like the rest of the inbreds in that state.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
Do people should only look at the positives and not any of the negatives that also took place?
Yes. If you look at the negatives you are a vile low football IQ anti fan negavol and almost assuredly a bama/florida/USCe/Dawg/Dore/Cat/Utep plant just here to stir up trouble and take away from all of the outstanding first year achievements by CJP.

Yes. If you only look at the negatives and whine and cry about it constantly in every thread everyday and make fun of anyone that has anything good to say about Tennessee football, you are a vile low football IQ anti fan negavol and almost assuredly a bama/florida/USCe/Dawg/Dore/Cat/Utep plant just here to stir up trouble and take away from all of the outstanding first year achievements by CJP.

Fify.

Tennessee football: 5 concerning signs for Vols Jeremy Pruitt's first year
I don’t know who this Calhoun guy is, but he shouldn’t have written this stuff against my coach Jeremy Pruitt. It feels like he is trying to rub it in against the football program.😕😒😩
#5... based on JG's performance under the last staff... is a function of JG's limitations. Not necessarily a stubborn allegiance to conservative play calling.

#4... so somehow the HC owes the media certain answers? Ridiculous... and pretty petty.

#3... the author doesn't like Pruitt's style... the way a football coach acts... we get that already

#2... some facts, mostly assumptions based on an already established bias against Pruitt by the author. Lost in that is that Smith went out... and the jump ball passing game only works against certain opponents and then only for so long.

#1... MU was praised by Bama for being dangerous. UT's O had real issues at OL and QB. As the season went on, the lack of talented depth revealed itself even more. "Development" is often a messy process. You don't go in a smooth line from "undeveloped" to "developed". The fact that the author is so dismissive of the mess Jones left relating to talent, development, culture, work ethic, S&C,... kind of tells you what you need to know.

I'm no more "on board" with Pruitt than I was with Jones at this point. But the conclusions drawn are WAY too early.

Reactions: tbones0711
Oh, the author neither knows nor should know what went on between Pruitt and Sapp. And.... not open telling the media every "truth" about the inner workings of the program... is NOT lying.

#4 is just dumb and ultimately doesn't matter. If you're losing, it doesn't matter if the media absolutely adores you. You won't get benefit of the doubt. If you're winning, the media can absolutely despise you, but you'll have great job security. Would Butch have lasted longer if he was "better with the media?" Let's get real.

Trying to get the media to like you is like chasing ghosts.

Again, Caleb Calhoun is a HACK 'journalist'. Every article is full of SO many terrible takes seemingly for shock value. Don't fall for the clickbait and give this joker the eyeballs. Hopefully he will just go away.

Fansided...even worse than Bleacher Report. Both sites are garbage and obnoxious to read due to ads, scrolling pictures, and lack of decent information. All the "5 reasons why blankity blank blank"...just absolute SHITE.

It's always funny when media people try to use 'lack of media access' as a reason why a coach / player will fail. A lot of the a-holes on ESPN try to pull that same schtick, as if engaging in stupid conservation with these lame-brains somehow has anything to do with success.

Funny gif. But my fix was very accurate. The problem with why it didn't get much in the the way of a response is because people, everybody, are tired of hearing about it. Doesn't matter which side of it your on.

Yes. If you look at ONLY THE negatives you are a vile low football IQ anti fan negavol and almost assuredly a bama/florida/USCe/Dawg/Dore/Cat/Utep plant just here to stir up trouble and take away from all of the outstanding first year achievements by CJP.
FYP

I love these kind of posts. The responses quickly point out whether the poster liked or disliked the CJP hire.

I would like to counter all his points in 1 sentence or less.

#5 - Conservative Offense: We have a new OC now.
#4 - Public Relations - Um.. We had Butch Jones.
#3 - Player Clashes - These are Butch's players and at least no one "fell on a helmet" this year.
#2 - Regression - We improved with a win over Auburn.
#1 - Blowout Losses - Butch Jones players on Saban like philosophy.

All their points were retarded. If we are getting blown out in year 3 then I can start to worry.

I love these kind of posts. The responses quickly point out whether the poster liked or disliked the CJP hire.

For me, the jury is still out on CJP. He may be the answer, he may not. What I dislike is glorified bloggers acting as ‘journalists’. He’s not the only one, he just happens to be the idiot Fansided assigned to the Vols.

Reactions: Pride85

VN Store

Back