Think the dawgs are re-thinking things?

Probably the stuff about the NFL interest. Otherwise he seems to be rambling incoherently. No idea what games we claim we won after a blowout.

Right, wasn’t sure what the heck he was talking about. Regarding Mullen and the NFL, that’s a great sign. Everytime UF has a great coach, that becomes a rumor, Spurrier and Meyer before him. Mullen has swatted it away already. He also just landed another big recruit. And when 5-star Chris Steele commits on Saturday, he’ll probably have a top 10 class, with 2020 and 2021 looking top 3. Mullen is doing a helluva job.

Reactions: Remy
Right, wasn’t sure what the heck he was talking about. Regarding Mullen and the NFL, that’s a great sign. Everytime UF has a great coach, that becomes a rumor, Spurrier and Meyer before him. Mullen has swatted it away already. He also just landed another big recruit. And when 5-star Chris Steele commits on Saturday, he’ll probably have a top 10 class, with 2020 and 2021 looking top 3. Mullen is doing a helluva job.
Don’t think you want to be the pick for Henderson tonight, he’s already backtracking. Will still take all OVs and FSU goes last. Has he ever visited UF?

UF guys think he’s trolling and will flip NSD.

Don’t think you want to be the pick for Henderson tonight, he’s already backtracking. Will still take all OVs and FSU goes last. Has he ever visited UF?

UF guys think he’s trolling and will flip NSD.

He was an unexpected commit and I have no idea if he'll stick or not. But if he's committed somewhere, I'd just as soon it be UF. No, he hasn't visited yet, but he plans to. I want Chris Steele today, that's the big 5-star guy. Henderson was just a pleasant surprise.

I don’t expect Henderson to play a down for us.

Even if he doesn’t flip back to FSU, his grades are a major problem.

He was an unexpected commit and I have no idea if he'll stick or not. But if he's committed somewhere, I'd just as soon it be UF. No, he hasn't visited yet, but he plans to. I want Chris Steele today, that's the big 5-star guy. Henderson was just a pleasant surprise.
Steele will be good, odd it was his mom that wanted him to decommit but he has all the tools to be very good. Do you think you get Elam? I don’t think he’s on the level of Steele but he can definitely be a huge pickup.

Steele will be good, odd it was his mom that wanted him to decommit but he has all the tools to be very good. Do you think you get Elam? I don’t think he’s on the level of Steele but he can definitely be a huge pickup.

I feel pretty good about Elam, maybe a little better than 50%. He’s a good looking athlete, big and long for a CB. He’s not as highly regarded as Steele but he’d be another great addition to this class.

They all pretty much think they're on top, even now having 3 losses. They're gonna win it all next year, just like they were this year, and last year, and the year before. Most entitled fanbase out there, who has nothing to show for it. As far as a nc, but believe they're better than bama.

I saw the results of an AJC poll either from their run last year or the off season, I can’t recall, that asked how many NCs will UGA win under Kirby Smart. The options were 1, 2, 3, or more than 3. Over 50% picked more than 3. The majority of their fan base firmly believes they’re about to have a Bama-like run.

Also... Just for clarification. Regarding the poll options. I didn’t forget to list 0. It simply wasn’t an option.

Reactions: joevol33
Remember when some media suits said Brady Quinn would win multiple Heismans at ND? Pepperidge Farms remembers. Talk is cheap and people are fools.

Smart is a better coach and recruiter than Richt. I doubt Georgia is regretting anything other than the fact that Saban's ass may never retire.
So far the record doesn’t show Smart is a better coach and he has been going up against a much weaker East. Smart has been a better recruiter. So far that’s it. Maybe it changes but maybe it doesn’t. Richt was fired for “not winning the big games” but so far Kirby hasn’t proven any more capable of doing so.

I saw the results of an AJC poll either from their run last year or the off season, I can’t recall, that asked how many NCs will UGA win under Kirby Smart. The options were 1, 2, 3, or more than 3. Over 50% picked more than 3. The majority of their fan base firmly believes they’re about to have a Bama-like run.

Also... Just for clarification. Regarding the poll options. I didn’t forget to list 0. It simply wasn’t an option.
That’s hilarious. He may get one, maybe. I’m not even sure if that.

So far the record doesn’t show Smart is a better coach and he has been going up against a much weaker East. Smart has been a better recruiter. So far that’s it. Maybe it changes but maybe it doesn’t. Richt was fired for “not winning the big games” but so far Kirby hasn’t proven any more capable of doing so.
It’s relative. It’s not winning the big gameS, it’s big game. Both Richt and Smart have won big games, just not the title. I’d say winning the SECCG, playoff game, etc are big games. A lot of analysts compare UGA to early Bama run and there is a bunch of similarities with a HUGE caveat, Bama didn’t have to beat a Bama to get there. There was no dynasty for Bama to have to overcome. Fla was an obstacle but no dynasty. If that wasn’t in the way, UGA already has one and might be playing for back to back.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
It’s relative. It’s not winning the big gameS, it’s big game. Both Richt and Smart have won big games, just not the title. I’d say winning the SECCG, playoff game, etc are big games. A lot of analysts compare UGA to early Bama run and there is a bunch of similarities with a HUGE caveat, Bama didn’t have to beat a Bama to get there. There was no dynasty for Bama to have to overcome. Fla was an obstacle but no dynasty. If that wasn’t in the way, UGA already has one and might be playing for back to back.
Richt had to deal with Meyer and Saban not to mention Fulmer, Petrino, Spurrier, and more. Smart certainly isn’t a bad coach but so far there’s no proof he is better than Richt.

Richt had to deal with Meyer and Saban not to mention Fulmer, Petrino, Spurrier, and more. Smart certainly isn’t a bad coach but so far there’s no proof he is better than Richt.
He is a better recruiter, I agree that who is the better coach remains to be seen. Richt was a great coach, all the guys you mentioned and he avg almost 10 wins a year for 15 years. Unfortunately, for him, he either didn’t adjust or became complacent or burnt out. Think he would been better off taking a year off to recharge before jumping back in. How many times does Richt make playoffs if it was around?
Smart obviously knows how to coach x and o’s as well. Better than Richt? Who knows, All we heard all year was this was the best Bama team ever an no one will stay within 14, UGA had 14 point lead on them twice, that doesn’t happen if the other guy can’t coach. Best game plan against Tua and it isn’t close, it cost Tua the Heisman. Went toe to toe with Bama last year and Bama was the better team/more talented, went toe to toe with a roster 68% are freshmen and sophomores and down to 4th string OL against Bama, starting 5 OL played together in 3 games this year. This was his rebuilding year.

That is true. The SEC East is incredibility weak with no real signs of upward movement:

Missouri, Kentucky, and Vandy all have limited upside.

South Carolina and Florida have Muschamp and Mullins, so they will always lose a few games.

Tennessee is still asleep.

Continue to recruit well and that will be an easy path to Atlanta for next several years.

He is a better recruiter, I agree that who is the better coach remains to be seen. Richt was a great coach, all the guys you mentioned and he avg almost 10 wins a year for 15 years. Unfortunately, for him, he either didn’t adjust or became complacent or burnt out. Think he would been better off taking a year off to recharge before jumping back in. How many times does Richt make playoffs if it was around?
Smart obviously knows how to coach x and o’s as well. Better than Richt? Who knows, All we heard all year was this was the best Bama team ever an no one will stay within 14, UGA had 14 point lead on them twice, that doesn’t happen if the other guy can’t coach. Best game plan against Tua and it isn’t close, it cost Tua the Heisman. Went toe to toe with Bama last year and Bama was the better team/more talented, went toe to toe with a roster 68% are freshmen and sophomores and down to 4th string OL against Bama, starting 5 OL played together in 3 games this year. This was his rebuilding year.
It has to be super frustrating for UGA fans to play their best game of the year against Bama two straight years and to still lose both games. Smart and his staff clearly are good at coming up with a game plan. It just so happens Saban is better at in-game adjustments. Smart better get something done next year and I know UGA fans have been pointing to next year for a while. I’m afraid Mullen will have UF right there with UGA before long so Things might not be quite as easy going forward. Hopefully we can jump up there in the next couple of years but we have a huge hill to climb.

It has to be super frustrating for UGA fans to play their best game of the year against Bama two straight years and to still lose both games. Smart and his staff clearly are good at coming up with a game plan. It just so happens Saban is better at in-game adjustments. Smart better get something done next year and I know UGA fans have been pointing to next year for a while. I’m afraid Mullen will have UF right there with UGA before long so Things might not be quite as easy going forward. Hopefully we can jump up there in the next couple of years but we have a huge hill to climb.
Don’t think the hill is as big as you think honestly. Biggest difference I see between Pruitt/Butch/Dooley is where the recruiting emphasis is being placed. Yes, Butch had top 10 classes and even Dooley but Pruitt is placing talent where it matters most. Last time UT signed Two 5-star OT? It’s the SEC, always starts on the LOS. Gotta give the young pups a little to grow but that’s where you start the rebuild, inside out. Doesn’t matter QB RB WR if there isn’t holes to run or time to throw. Think he is building it the right way and will make strides next year.

All Smart needs to do is quit being David Copperfield at the end of games. Out of 120 minutes, Bama has led for exactly One minute. Yet 2-0. Gotta put them away, have to make that FG and put them down 3 scores.

Don’t think the hill is as big as you think honestly. Biggest difference I see between Pruitt/Butch/Dooley is where the recruiting emphasis is being placed. Yes, Butch had top 10 classes and even Dooley but Pruitt is placing talent where it matters most. Last time UT signed Two 5-star OT? It’s the SEC, always starts on the LOS. Gotta give the young pups a little to grow but that’s where you start the rebuild, inside out. Doesn’t matter QB RB WR if there isn’t holes to run or time to throw. Think he is building it the right way and will make strides next year.

All Smart needs to do is quit being David Copperfield at the end of games. Out of 120 minutes, Bama has led for exactly One minute. Yet 2-0. Gotta put them away, have to make that FG and put them down 3 scores.
Butch had 4 5* dlinemen. And 3 5* online too.

It's not like he wasnt bringing in guys

Butch had 4 5* dlinemen. And 3 5* online too.

It's not like he wasnt bringing in guys
On the O-line he simply wasn’t bringing in enough people though. His last 3 classes included 11 total O-linemen. By the time we got to Vandy last year we may have had 1 or 2 available. That’s a killer.

But Clemson and Bama are not losing any ground, so wouldn’t make any huge bets on that Natty

That’s true they aren’t losing any ground. UGA was 2 plays from a Natty one year ago though. They have played Bama better than anyone lately. This year a fake punt cost them the game, but word is Kirby called it off while Fields ran it anyway.

I’ve rethought my prediction that UGA wins it all in 2019. Now Fields will get the waiver to play immediately, then UGA loses to Ohio State in the playoffs.

VN Store

Back