Think the dawgs are re-thinking things?

Ga. played with less "want to" than Texas. That's all there is to it. It was said during the game that Fhrom (spelling) had to wake his team up like a leader should. Well he didn't look the part of a leader to me. Wonder if this my have a bearing on the "other guy" transferring. Will be interesting to see that play out.

I thought the same thing about Fromm. He failed miserably last night from a leadership standpoint . As the QB of one of the best teams in the country he has to pick his game up when everyone else was dragging ass. Chaney called a bad game, Fromm didn’t exactly execute either, me missed a lot of throws and forced some that he had no business throwing . I still figure why they didn’t get the TE involved more or run more underneath stuff and let those receivers get YACS.

Dv4R62YXgAAkGNC.jpg

Last edited:
Mark Richt & Kirby Smart 1st 3 years at UGA:
CMR 2001: 08-4 | CKS 2016: 08-5
CMR 2002: 13-1 | CKS 2017: 13-2
CMR 2003: 11-3 | CKS 2018: 11-3
CMR 1st 3: 32-8 | CKS 1st 3: 32-10

Last edited:
It's getting worse the last 4 or 5 years

I don't think the evidence supports that. I think you're perceiving it as getting worse when it's about the same as it's always been.

Like I said, it happened plenty in the BCS Era. Alabama no showed the Sugar Bowl twice (2008 and 2013) and Florida no showed in 2012. And if it's simply "not showing heart", I mean Tennessee no showed 2 Peach Bowls in a row in 2002 and 2003. I sure didn't see a lot of heart those games.

Largely outside the playoffs these bowls mean little to the players a lot of the times. Maybe they beat Texas with Tucker but hell IDK that Georgia really cared.
That’s my point. It’s the HC’s job to make them care. Think Saban wouldn’t have done that? If you do think again. Bama is SABAN’S team and he’s smart enough to realize that future wins are built on today’s rep. Every game makes a statement. GA is talented but soft.

Possibly. It's one thing to talk and another to back it up. Texas has been down for a bit and I believe they felt like they had something to prove. The season was a disappointment for Georgia on the other hand. I just put very little stock in bowl games other than the playoff ones BC honestly the results really don't matter in the grand scheme
Results of EVERY game matter. The Sugar Bowl is the Sugar Bowl. When you’ve got a statement to make you make it. GA wants to be feared like Bama, to talk smack? Awesome take care of business crush TX and put that out there. Instead they folded. Now they’ve got NOTHING to say that anybody wants to hear.

You’re dead wrong if you think that doesn’t matter. I’m sick of all this crap that nothing matters but the playoffs. That’s a loser’s excuse. You suit up you come to slay not play. There’s ALWAYS something bigger on the line.

Reactions: Tidal Surge
Results of EVERY game matter. The Sugar Bowl is the Sugar Bowl. When you’ve got a statement to make you make it. GA wants to be feared like Bama, to talk smack? Awesome take care of business crush TX and put that out there. Instead they folded. Now they’ve got NOTHING to say that anybody wants to hear.

You’re dead wrong if you think that doesn’t matter. I’m sick of all this crap that nothing matters but the playoffs. That’s a loser’s excuse. You suit up you come to slay not play. There’s ALWAYS something bigger on the line.
Bama lost to Utah state or something like that in a bowl game. Every team has letdowns. It just happens.

Georgia's season end didn't pan out too well, but if you think they won't be tough to beat for a few years, you are wrong. Smart may not be the best head coaching material, but recruiting makes up for a lot of those deficiencies. Only good I see is that CJP has an opportunity to exploit this in his recruiting pitch. It'll take a few cycles to pay dividends.
Soon, the recruits will see through Mark 2.1.

Nope, they don't miss him. Kirby is Jesus to them
...until Kirby can't deliver a title either.

Kirby is a lot different than Richt, and he might eventually get a title, but the similarities in the first 3 years of both Richt and Kirby is uncanny.

Would be shocked if they got on the knees and BEGGED him to come back....probably not gonna happen but Kirby is only in Year 2 going into his 3rd year...does anyone see him at GA even remotely close to 10 years?
Oh yeah he is figuring things out. The way he has taken recruiting to another level at Georgia. He will be there a long time.

My ex went to law school at UGA. Her roommate over there never left Athens. She came to visit over the holidays and was asked if she was going to the Sugar Bowl. Her answer was, "No, next year we will be in the playoff and it's expensive - I'm saving my money for that". I'm usually not one to paint a fan base with a broad brush, and get a little perturbed when VN gets a one size fits all description of the fan base. But I wonder what percentage share (or shared before the SB game) her sentiments. You gotta admit UGA has pulled in some talent.

Kirby’s sideline histrionics come across as showboating to me. It’s as if he wants everyone to notice how into the game he is and how advanced his knowledge is of the opposing offensive formations and personnel. His go-to move is to jump up and down feigning like he’s trying to get someone’s attention while pointing at an opposing offensive player. He looks like a total jackass, like an overly-assertive rookie linebacker coach trying to get noticed at Mississippi Tech Community College.

Never thought about that before, but that sounds about right come to think of it.

I think if Kirby doesnt do it next year, or take a step back ,you know he is in big trouble. Florida is on the rise and if they have another good season under Mullen while FSU and Miami are down, you know they will start pulling in top 5 classes again. Once the talent advantage that UGA has is diminished, they will have a hard time winning the east let alone the SEC. Mullen does not have to out recruit Kirby.

Spurrier beat the leg humpers consistently with less talent. As he famously said "Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaws
My ex went to law school at UGA. Her roommate over there never left Athens. She came to visit over the holidays and was asked if she was going to the Sugar Bowl. Her answer was, "No, next year we will be in the playoff and it's expensive - I'm saving my money for that". I'm usually not one to paint a fan base with a broad brush, and get a little perturbed when VN gets a one size fits all description of the fan base. But I wonder what percentage share (or shared before the SB game) her sentiments. You gotta admit UGA has pulled in some talent.
They all pretty much think they're on top, even now having 3 losses. They're gonna win it all next year, just like they were this year, and last year, and the year before. Most entitled fanbase out there, who has nothing to show for it. As far as a nc, but believe they're better than bama.

Georgia fan by noon today:

We’re the best 3-loss, non-conference champion, non-playoff-making, non-bowl-winning team, of all time.
That’s Fla’s title, never seen a team get blown out and claim they actually won the game. Any truth to the Mullen rumors?

VN Store

Back