Things I'm happy about today

Our new Sube (ordered July 7) is finally on the line in Indiana and being built! ETA is October 12, plus 24-48 hours on arrival to gussy it up before we get our grubby mitts on it.

Once I get my Covid booster (Hubs got his Saturday), it’s time to start planning some road trips!

I forget, Forrester or Outback?

Our new Sube (ordered July 7) is finally on the line in Indiana and being built! ETA is October 12, plus 24-48 hours on arrival to gussy it up before we get our grubby mitts on it.

Once I get my Covid booster (Hubs got his Saturday), it’s time to start planning some road trips!
YAY.....exciting......new car.....road trip= lots of fun......

I can’t find a sensible article reviewing the 2022 turbo engine on non-Wilderness Outbacks. But I drove both versions, interstate, city, and mountains, and the regular engine was a pig by comparison.

Car or motor? Car will look like this:

View attachment 398272

https://www.subaru.com/build-your-own (link to build order)

Thanks! My daughter is thinking about a Subaru. I'll be interested to hear about your experience.

I was at the local Toyota dealership yesterday which happens to be located next door to Toyota's NA HQ. The new car lots were only 10% to 15% full. It has to be a pisser for the corporate guys to have almost no product.

How long will you have to wait to take delivery? Maybe Subaru is in better shape.

Thanks! My daughter is thinking about a Subaru. I'll be interested to hear about your experience.

I was at the local Toyota dealership yesterday which happens to be located next door to Toyota's NA HQ. The new car lots were only 10% to 15% full. It has to be a pisser for the corporate guys to have almost no product.

How long will you have to wait to take delivery? Maybe Subaru is in better shape.
We ordered July 7. They started on it Tuesday (9/28.) ETA is 10/12, which apparently is pretty reliable.

I rented a RAV4 for a week when I was helping my daughter recover from orthopedic surgery. I really liked it, but like all SUVs, it sits relatively high. This ole lady needs a vehicle that I never have to climb up into or up out of, and the Outback fits that requirement. It also has lots of window acreage, and visibility is key for us old farts!

Barring some disaster or another, we’re hoping it will be our last car. (Maybe an EV one day, which I really wanted now, but didn’t like any models.)

We ordered July 7. They started on it Tuesday (9/28.) ETA is 10/12, which apparently is pretty reliable.

I rented a RAV4 for a week when I was helping my daughter recover from orthopedic surgery. I really liked it, but like all SUVs, it sits relatively high. This ole lady needs a vehicle that I never have to climb up into or up out of, and the Outback fits that requirement. It also has lots of window acreage, and visibility is key for us old farts!

Barring some disaster or another, we’re hoping it will be our last car. (Maybe an EV one day, which I really wanted now, but didn’t like any models.)

I hope you enjoy it mucho.

My particular aches and pains dictate that I climb into vehicles so I have a 4Runner. Both my son and son in law have Accords and I struggle to get inside. Gone are the days of Mustangs, Firebirds, and Supras.

In 1986, I bought a Subaru DL wagon with HL 4WD 5 forward speed manual transmission. I’d still be driving that car but for an a**hole from Illinois who ran a red light and tore up the front end.

Now, I have a 2019 RAV4 hybrid. It has more power and better acceleration than its pure gas-powered cousin, and better gas mileage

Reactions: VolNExile
I can’t find a sensible article reviewing the 2022 turbo engine on non-Wilderness Outbacks. But I drove both versions, interstate, city, and mountains, and the regular engine was a pig by comparison.
Was wondering because my grandson who is a mechanic by trade bought a Dodge Dart with a turbo in it and got rid of it because all the problems he was having with the turbo.

Reactions: VolNExile
Was wondering because my grandson who is a mechanic by trade bought a Dodge Dart with a turbo in it and got rid of it because all the problems he was having with the turbo.
We had an Audi turbo diesel in the 80’s that I adored, but it was smelly, leaked oil, and was a maintenance hog. I’m hoping that a lot of the kinks have been worked out since then. Reviews are good so far.

A Dartly Dodge with a turbo - wow, mind blown!! 🤯

VN Store

Back