Things I'm happy about today

Cool story, my wife's friend had asked her to wait till she could help with tickets. She came over today, lined up what we wanted, and at checkout or whatever, used her points. Gave them to us to help, and our round trip is costing us 80 cents! Pretty cool to me, she didn't have to, may have been gonna lose them or whatever, but she didn't have to help like that.

Cool story, my wife's friend had asked her to wait till she could help with tickets. She came over today, lined up what we wanted, and at checkout or whatever, used her points. Gave them to us to help, and our round trip is costing us 80 cents! Pretty cool to me, she didn't have to, may have been gonna lose them or whatever, but she didn't have to help like that.
That is so wonderful. Dang. Just when I’m ready to give up on humanity.

💕💕

Just didn't know if you were anxious, excited, relieved, indifferent, etc.
Oh right, sorry.

Let’s go with excited.

At 66 and 71, Hubs and I joke about why pay extra for organic food when most of the damage has already been done. 🤪 We figure that if we die at 88 1/2 instead of 89, it’s probably a blessing. (I do usually buy organic, if only to support the young farmers trying to make a go of it.) But the known horrors of severe Covid disease in our age group greatly outweigh (to us) the maybes of mRNA vaccines. We decided that we’re ok with accepting that unknown, if only to spare our kids from having a parent in ICU who they can only visit via an iPad when someone can take the time to set up a call. And we’d like to be able to hug our loved ones again.

I completely understand how younger people might be wary of the mRNA vaccines. They’re well-researched and -tested, but most of us don’t really want to be guinea pigs. So I get that. If anyone wants to wait on the J&J vaccine, even though it’s not as effective, I’m sure not throwing any stones. Although I do pray that people will get one of them, any of them, if only out of kindness and concern for your neighbors.

But general appeal here: dear God in Heaven, wear masks in the meantime (yes, they most certainly do work, or why would your surgeon bother with one? let’s use some logic here), and do your six foot thang. We’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Don’t let’s slack off now.

1611370013364.jpeg

VN Store

Back