• 20170908_103407.jpg
    20170908_103407.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180415_202347.jpg
    20180415_202347.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 3 people
Bump for jhen

Thanks slice! I dont think I remembered seeing this before.

Some really nice work in here fellas. I may have to get some tips or bounce ideas off of yall in the future. I'm interested in doing a kitchen table and maybe a desk/bookcase combo for my son in the near future.

Last edited:
Thanks slice! I dont think I remembered seeing this before.

Some really nice work in here fellas. I may have to get some tips or bounce ideas off of yall in the future. I'm interested in doing a kitchen table and maybe a desk/bookcase combo for my son in the near future.

You've been busy brother. Looks great. I killed myself laying carpet in my son's room and spent 6 hours (yes) putting together his bed. It's entirely metal, has a desk underneath it...about 60 parts and 200 to 250 screws of various sizes. No way the average home owner ever got it finished. Ever. Glad that's over..

Protip: once you're 40...I'm 41...don't rent the knee kicker carpet stretcher anymore if you like being able to walk. Rent the bar kind that spans the room. Wasn't sure that I would be able to walk today...

Reactions: 2 people
Marcus or Slice, I’m looking to build a sitting bench for outdoors. Long story short, a buddy of mine took his life a few weeks ago and he was a bowler. I’m looking to build one in his memory and place it at the bowling alley.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about that AV, I'm a little late to the news

I think both Rigid and Kobalt make decent tools. I have had good experience with both store featured brands...seems like their tools are capable, and contractor grade if you know what amps/etc to look for...but they are never the "best" of that particular tool when compared to the big brands above. I did have a Kobalt 12 inch chop saw (single bevel :( ) that i let myh framers use to cut every single stud in a 250 unit apartment bldg, 5 floors...it was radial and only cost me 200 bucks. That's impressive durability...had a Rigid skill saw 15amp given to me, it had a very long cord, a LED light that never burned out, and I beat the crap out of it for about 2 years before I gave it to my BIL...it was a good saw. Honestly, either of those 2 are probably all a homeowner needs for an occasional project.

Rigid, Milwaukee makes Rigid for Home Depot, and they have a lifetime warranty...of course Slice boycotts HD

Rigid, Milwaukee makes Rigid for Home Depot, and they have a lifetime warranty...of course Slice boycotts HD

I use exclusively Rigid in my business. I'm a big fan of Milwaukee too but some of the Rigid stuff out performs the Milwaukee stuff. That brushless screwgun is some kind of awesome. Rigid has a lifetime service agreement that includes batteries. You have to register the tools to receive that which can be tricky.

Reactions: 1 person
I use exclusively Rigid in my business. I'm a big fan of Milwaukee too but some of the Rigid stuff out performs the Milwaukee stuff. That brushless screwgun is some kind of awesome. Rigid has a lifetime service agreement that includes batteries. You have to register the tools to receive that which can be tricky.

I started with Dewalt 20v stuff years ago because of more tool options so that’s how all my trucks are outfitted but I like the rigid stuff as well
The job boxes in those trucks are all rigid.

I started with Dewalt 20v stuff years ago because of more tool options so that’s how all my trucks are outfitted but I like the rigid stuff as well
The job boxes in those trucks are all rigid.

I used to use Dewalt as well. I gradually switched to Rigid as the Dewalt tools would fail. I did it primarily because of the batteries. As you know batteries are ridiculously expensive. Having that battery replacement for the lifetime is pretty dang good.

I used to use Dewalt as well. I gradually switched to Rigid as the Dewalt tools would fail. I did it primarily because of the batteries. As you know batteries are ridiculously expensive. Having that battery replacement for the lifetime is pretty dang good.

I may do that as well

I may do that as well

Make sure you register them. And, keep your receipt. About 1/2 of mine come back as needing further verification. You have to scan in the receipt and submit it again. The first time you just have to put the receipt number in. Once registered they have a decent user account page where you can see all your tools that are registered.

Make sure you register them. And, keep your receipt. About 1/2 of mine come back as needing further verification. You have to scan in the receipt and submit it again. The first time you just have to put the receipt number in. Once registered they have a decent user account page where you can see all your tools that are registered.

Did not know this
Thanks brother
Ridgid makes decent tools...and that replacement gig is huge.my combo set currently is porter cable lithium. At Christmas time, lowes always runs a special on the batteries for porter cable and I snatch them up. Usually 2 f0r 80, etc...like you said, a single dewalt battery is over 100 bucks. Too much for my wallet. My new Hitachi skill saw is beyond awesome though. It's the best skilly ever made, and I mean that. 55 degree bevel, gears like a worm drive so you cannot bog it down even buried to the arbor is hard stuff...and it only weighs 1 pound more than a mikita, which is among the lightest. It says it cuts 40% faster than the average 15 amp pro skilly... in regular spruce, any 15amp cuts the same...at the speed of the blade you have in it. But in thicker stock, or anything dense...this thing pulls away like a dodge demon from a Prius. Bad to the bone...

You've been busy brother. Looks great. I killed myself laying carpet in my son's room and spent 6 hours (yes) putting together his bed. It's entirely metal, has a desk underneath it...about 60 parts and 200 to 250 screws of various sizes. No way the average home owner ever got it finished. Ever. Glad that's over..

Protip: once you're 40...I'm 41...don't rent the knee kicker carpet stretcher anymore if you like being able to walk. Rent the bar kind that spans the room. Wasn't sure that I would be able to walk today...

Yes I always seem to have a couple lined up when I finish another. I just had hernia surgery so a month of no projects(orders from the wife...) will be difficult.

Never laid carpet but the kicker has to be rough on your knees. My former pastor laid carpet and he had to have both knees replaced and had a bad back.

I hate putting boxed furniture together. The directions never seem to be well done. I spend more time trying to look at a picture and rotating the pages. I start out strong but my patience wears thin quickly.

Do they offer the lifetime replacement for personal use, or businesses only? May be worth looking into as I replace. I use Dewalt 20v for my big projects.

I have grown to love my Milwaukee 14v 5 piece with 3 batteries for smaller projects/every day use. They all fit in a easy to cary bag. Got it at Home Depot for 199 on black friday.

Do they offer the lifetime replacement for personal use, or businesses only? May be worth looking into as I replace. I use Dewalt 20v for my big projects.

I have grown to love my Milwaukee 14v 5 piece with 3 batteries for smaller projects/every day use. They all fit in a easy to cary bag. Got it at Home Depot for 199 on black friday.

They don't care, personal or business. It's all their tools too, not just their battery tools. We use a ton of the screwguns. I've purchased one of the newer brushless ones. I've got an employee that won't have anything but Milwaukee. Well that was until he tried the new Rigid brushless screw guns. It blew the Milwaukee away.

They don't care, personal or business. It's all their tools too, not just their battery tools. We use a ton of the screwguns. I've purchased one of the newer brushless ones. I've got an employee that won't have anything but Milwaukee. Well that was until he tried the new Rigid brushless screw guns. It blew the Milwaukee away.

If these Rigid (or is it Ridgid?) screw guns are made by the same outfit that makes pipe-fitting tools - see the pipe clamp in the photos below - they are no doubt among the best on the market. I remember in my first job post-UTK (at a petrochemicals plant in Louisiana) we had a pipe-threading machine made by Ridgid.

This metal-top bench, with a hidden "butcher-block" top made from laminated 2x4's, and eight (8) cement blocks sandwiched into the legs (with .22 loads & construction adhesive) for ballast, I threw together in a couple weekends in my basement about 25 years ago. It may not look like much, but literally weighs almost half a ton and still serves me well for small pipefitting, tubing etc. type projects...

Attachments

• Metal-Top Bench.JPG
    Metal-Top Bench.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Ridgid Pipe Clamp.JPG
    Ridgid Pipe Clamp.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
If these Rigid (or is it Ridgid?) screw guns are made by the same outfit that makes pipe-fitting tools - see the pipe clamp in the photos below - they are no doubt among the best on the market. I remember in my first job post-UTK (at a petrochemicals plant in Louisiana) we had a pipe-threading machine made by Ridgid.

This metal-top bench, with a hidden "butcher-block" top made from laminated 2x4's, and eight (8) cement blocks sandwiched into the legs (with .22 loads & construction adhesive) for ballast, I threw together in a couple weekends in my basement about 25 years ago. It may not look like much, but literally weighs almost half a ton and still serves me well for small pipefitting, tubing etc. type projects...

I may be mistaken but I think those are a different division of the same company. Forgive my spelling it is Ridgid. Those are part of the Ridgid plumbing tool line.

Nice setup. Obviously built to last.

Ridgid allowed the power tools to license their name (was basically a rebadged tool for an existing brand but I can't remember the original brand) but it was not the same company as their plumbing/piping tools

Ridgid allowed the power tools to license their name (was basically a rebadged tool for an existing brand but I can't remember the original brand) but it was not the same company as their plumbing/piping tools

Thanks utvolpj... still, sounds like pretty high quality and worth looking at Ridgid next time I'm shopping for power tools.

VN Store

Back