Things built, torn down and other projects.(Pictures)

@Orangeslice13 any experience installing fencing? If so, what is the average rate per linear foot to install 6 ft vinyl privacy fencing these days? Materials & labor.
When I was building houses I would sub that. It’s been a while so I’m no help whatsoever. I do know that the prices are way up on trex and vinyl fences. I can reach out to a guy but what area you’re in can change things dramatically.

not long ago I helped a friend install a trex fence and it was really easy. You could go to Home Depot back where you order windows with a drawing of what you want to do and they will tell you materials cost if you felt like tackling it yourself

Reactions: Souce
When I was building houses I would sub that. It’s been a while so I’m no help whatsoever. I do know that the prices are way up on trex and vinyl fences. I can reach out to a guy but what area you’re in can change things dramatically.

not long ago I helped a friend install a trex fence and it was really easy. You could go to Home Depot back where you order windows with a drawing of what you want to do and they will tell you materials cost if you felt like tackling it yourself
👍🏻👍🏻 I've thought about trying to tackle it myself, so I may go to Home Depot and see what they estimate.

@Orangeslice13 and others who have experience with electrical conduit, any info and advice would be welcomed and gratefully appreciated!

For next year in the veg garden, I’m going to start rotating crops, due to the issues with soil-borne diseases. I trellis (or try to trellis) the tall indeterminate tomatoes, which easily grow 8’ or more. The trellis will move each year.

I’m looking at two uprights, 7-8’ tall, and a cross piece that is 14-16’ long. (Three beds are 14’ long, while the other is 16’.) The uprights would slip over rebar driven into the ground.

Question: would a single piece of conduit support 5 or 6 (yes! I’m cutting back! Really!) heavy tomato plants, each trained into three up-growing stalks? Should I add an additional upright over rebar in the center with a T-connector for more support? And what diameter of rebar and conduit would you recommend? I’m leaning toward metal, since I kind of hate PVC, and the trellis will only be up May-Sept/Oct.

The trellis would look something like this, which does have a center support:

1627049750362.jpeg

Reactions: Guest
@Orangeslice13 and others who have experience with electrical conduit, any info and advice would be welcomed and gratefully appreciated!

For next year in the veg garden, I’m going to start rotating crops, due to the issues with soil-borne diseases. I trellis (or try to trellis) the tall indeterminate tomatoes, which easily grow 8’ or more. The trellis will move each year.

I’m looking at two uprights, 7-8’ tall, and a cross piece that is 14-16’ long. (Three beds are 14’ long, while the other is 16’.) The uprights would slip over rebar driven into the ground.

Question: would a single piece of conduit support 5 or 6 (yes! I’m cutting back! Really!) heavy tomato plants, each trained into three up-growing stalks? Should I add an additional upright over rebar in the center with a T-connector for more support? And what diameter of rebar and conduit would you recommend? I’m leaning toward metal, since I kind of hate PVC, and the trellis will only be up May-Sept/Oct.

The trellis would look something like this, which does have a center support:

View attachment 382166
I'd go no less than 3/4 emt with 4 uprights due to length, imo.

VN Store

Back