Things built, torn down and other projects.(Pictures)

Finally got the wild cherry stacked in my shed. It needs to season out before I use it, but I doubt that it will get completely dry there. Fwild cherry.jpgrom my experience woods tends to have the same moisture content as it's surroundings.

I am hoping to build a three mirror, adjustable full length mirror with it.

But now my wife wants a wild cherry dining table.

I think I could build the mirror, but the table seems like a major project.

Minor project that had been nagging me - I ran new electrical line to code and replaced a flood light fixture with an updated one having a sensor. Replaced the fixture at my back door with a new one having a sensor. Put locks on my back gates. Now, if anyone cuts through my yard from the McMansions built on the property behind mine, they’ll have to climb over the fence and their way will be lit. If they’re going to commit petty acts of vandalism, at least they’ll be better able to see what their doing.

Minor project that had been nagging me - I ran new electrical line to code and replaced a flood light fixture with an updated one having a sensor. Replaced the fixture at my back door with a new one having a sensor. Put locks on my back gates. Now, if anyone cuts through my yard from the McMansions built on the property behind mine, they’ll have to climb over the fence and their way will be lit. If they’re going to commit petty acts of vandalism, at least they’ll be better able to see what their doing.
As I call my security light, “burglar courtesy light.”

Ours went on and off all night, triggered by things like rain, and a breeze blowing leaves around. And since it was probably disturbing lightning bugs and pollinators, I decided to hell with it during the growing season.

As I call my security light, “burglar courtesy light.”

Ours went on and off all night, triggered by things like rain, and a breeze blowing leaves around. And since it was probably disturbing lightning bugs and pollinators, I decided to hell with it during the growing season.
We’ll see what happens. I needed to respond to assuage my wife’s ire and anxiety.

We’ll see what happens. I needed to respond to assuage my wife’s ire and anxiety.
I hope it works out for you guys. It’s creepy having people in your yard at dark-forty, even if they’re just on their way home from the pub and need to take a whizz.

Haven’t been real thrilled with the versatube frame for the roof so we put the runners closer together leaving a wider gap in the middle of each side of the roof and added a 2x6 front to back on both sides really locked the frame up tight

Haven’t been real thrilled with the versatube frame for the roof so we put the runners closer together leaving a wider gap in the middle of each side of the roof and added a 2x6 front to back on both sides really locked the frame up tight
Pics?

Reactions: vol445
@Orangeslice13 any experience installing fencing? If so, what is the average rate per linear foot to install 6 ft vinyl privacy fencing these days? Materials & labor.

VN Store

Back