These photos... it hit me

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
ECQ2tscWwAU2rbn

I don't know what it is, but something about these photos from UT this morning made the hair on my arm stand up and caused it click with me that we're now less than two weeks until the home opener and football time in Tennessee --- The Vol Navy, the Pride of the Southland, Rocky Top, Smokey dogs (you know I had to mention them), the Vol Walk, running through the T, and everything else that goes along with a fall Saturday in Knoxville. It's almost time!

I haven't decided exactly how I feel about the upcoming season yet. I can see both reasons for optimism and causes for concern. My Battered Vol Syndrome makes me cautious and I'm trying to NOT to add two wins to my season projections like I normally do this time of year and keep expectations in check, but that doesn't mean I'm any less excited.

Regardless of how the story of 2019 ends up written in the history books, it's a very special time of year, for a number of reasons, and as I've gotten older I appreciate all the little things that go along with the season a bit more. I can't wait to embark on the next chapter of Tennessee football this year along with all you fine people (you guys are the best, by the way).

Here's to the 2019 Vols. Soon!

Last edited:
ECQ2tscWwAU2rbn

I don't know what it is, but something about these photos from UT this morning made the hair on my arm stand up and caused it click with me that we're now less than two weeks until the home opener and football time in Tennessee --- The Vol Navy, the Pride of the Southland, Rocky Top, Smokey dogs (you know I had to mention them), the Vol Walk, running through the T, and everything else that goes along with a fall Saturday in Knoxville. It's almost time!

I haven't decided exactly how I feel about the upcoming season yet. I can see both reasons for optimism and causes for concern. My Battered Vol Syndrome makes me cautious and I'm trying to NOT to add two wins to my season projections like I normally do this time of year and keep expectations in check, but that doesn't mean I'm any less excited.

Regardless of how this team will go down in history, it's a very special time of year, for a number of reasons, and as I've gotten older I appreciate all the little things that go along with the season a bit more. I can't wait to embark on the next chapter this year along with all you fine people (you guys are the best, by the way).

Thanks for all you do, Freak. You give us a great place to come to, to keep it going, month after month.

ECQ2tscWwAU2rbn

Regardless of how the story of 2019 ends up written in the history books, it's a very special time of year, for a number of reasons, and as I've gotten older I appreciate all the little things that go along with the season a bit more. I can't wait to embark on the next chapter of Tennessee football this year along with all you fine people (you guys are the best, by the way).

Excellent post buddy!!

So you head tells you 6-6, but your heart tells you 8-4, right?

ECQ2tscWwAU2rbn

Great post Freak... I understand about BVS and adding wins.. This year.. This year I'm approaching it differently.. This team is different, so in return I'm going to be different as well.. I'm going to take each game one at a time, I'm going to be proud of each game and the efforts of Vols (players and coaches). I'm going to enjoy the ride no matter how it turns out.. Sure I will be upset if a loss happens, but not as much as the players and coaches because they are the ones sweating and grinding.. The Players will give their all for Tennessee.. I will remember that..

GoVols!

My motto is don't expect anything good to happen and when something good does happen it's great. If you get your hopes up it's a recipe for disappointment and depression.

My motto is don't expect anything good to happen and when something good does happen it's great. If you get your hopes up it's a recipe for disappointment and depression.
Yep.
When it comes to Vol predictions and poleing, it’s best to under promise and over deliver than the opposite.

The Vols have a task ahead and that task will be to get out of the big hole the Vols are in.
Go Vols

Saw this while waiting for flight at Tyson McGhee today
I am more optimistic; all of our swing games are at home except Kentucky, and we usually beat them no matter where we play them just like UF always beat us.

VN Store

Back