These photos... it hit me

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1157362142565339137/pu/vid/720x720/MzqO39MNzkPrWItJ.mp4?tag=10

I watched the 2016 Florida game the other day. I fast forwarded to our first field goal. I know their qb situation was terrible, but UT scored 38 points in a row on Florida's defense. After going down 21-0, that was the most dominating stretch I've ever seen UT put on Florida. I was at the game, so I didn't appreciate how good UT was statistically until watching later. Can't wait until kickoff.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
Those picts shows just how close we are to kickoff time, and Freak gives me goosebumps. This website is the best in the country, and Freak has given us a family atmosphere regardless of the situation here. We can talk about our Vols, keep up with BIG ORANGE news, and any other thing that pops up about the team. I feel like we are going to experience a great season, and we are going to see a different team on that field in less than two weeks. I want to thank Freak for his hard word and dedication to this place. I hope everyone has a great week while we are counting down to kickoff.

In the pics released so far, the team looks more athletic. Hopefully they don’t get pushed around on the field as much.

Reactions: greenbacknative
The only thing I'll say with regards to my expectations for this season is that I think it'll be better than last season. I'll just leave it at that.

Can't wait for kickoff it's only 12 more days! These stories about starters not having been figured out yet have me thinking this year isn't going to be much different from last year. Hopefully I'm wrong.

The season, however it goes will be enjoyed because of watching with our families and friends. It's almost TIME!

My motto is don't expect anything good to happen and when something good does happen it's great. If you get your hopes up it's a recipe for disappointment and depression.
Yeah. I know what you're sayin'. Nonetheless, and as much as I'm compelled to go along with you, this ol' Vol just won't give in to the glass-half-empty approach...which yours is. Turnarounds happen at some point, and I'm pointin' to 2019 as the year of the turnaround of the ages for UT football.

Yeah. I know what you're sayin'. Nonetheless, and as much as I'm compelled to go along with you, this ol' Vol just won't give in to the glass-half-empty approach...which yours is. Turnarounds happen at some point, and I'm pointin' to 2019 as the year of the turnaround of the ages for UT football.

I agree. At age 66 I don't how many football seasons I have left so it's tough not to get a little excited. Years ago I would get excited and expect too much then be depressed after a loss. My wife and kids told me I was too grumpy so I had to take a more relaxed approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: sameolvol and Freak
I agree. At age 66 I don't how many football seasons I have left so it's tough not to get a little excited. Years ago I would get excited and expect too much then be depressed after a loss. My wife and kids told me I was too grumpy so I had to take a more relaxed approach.
Amen, brother.

Amen, brother.
It's funny that I read your post just now. As I was randomly thinking about how ridiculously emotional I get during the Florida game. Sometimes I wish mellow out, but I'm glad I haven't. It's comforting knowing there's thousands of us going through the same emotions all at once

Reactions: sameolvol

VN Store

Back