There's no reason we shouldn't be able to upset Alabama

VolforFootball

I like pizza
We had an opportunity last year, and despite the last 2 games, we're still a better team than we were at that point last season. Our offensive line is certainly better, and we should be able to have a lot of success running the ball against Alabama's less-than stellar defense.

As long as we can continue to be competent on defense, and our offense doesn't put us in a huge whole to start the game (JG), we can definitely keep the game close, if not coming close to a possible upset near the end of the game.

But the biggest thing this will depend on is QB. We won't have a chance if JG is the guy. But if we have someone else behind the center, I feel that would do a lot for the excitement within the players on the field, and that they would play hard and rally around a new guy. But that energy will be nonexistent if it's JG they're playing with.

Put the past 2 weeks behind us. With a bit of perspective and the right moves by the coaches (I know, I know. Pruitt hasn't made the right move at QB as of yet), this can definitely be a game with upset potential.

I'm with you. Upset incoming, especially if Vegas can make enough money from a bama loss depending on how people have bet on the game.

We had an opportunity last year, and despite the last 2 games, we're still a better team than we were at that point last season. Our offensive line is certainly better, and we should be able to have a lot of success running the ball against Alabama's less-than stellar defense.

As long as we can continue to be competent on defense, and our offense doesn't put us in a huge whole to start the game (JG), we can definitely keep the game close, if not coming close to a possible upset near the end of the game.

But the biggest thing this will depend on is QB. We won't have a chance if JG is the guy. But if we have someone else behind the center, I feel that would do a lot for the excitement within the players on the field, and that they would play hard and rally around a new guy. But that energy will be nonexistent if it's JG they're playing with.

Put the past 2 weeks behind us. With a bit of perspective and the right moves by the coaches (I know, I know. Pruitt hasn't made the right move at QB as of yet), this can definitely be a game with upset potential.
#2 is the main reason.....nuff said and if any of you think that Pruitt will not start him, you’re either drunk or high. I would bet nice green cash money that says JG starts.

If it's not JG, I feel like the team is going to truly rally around whoever it is and keep us in the game with and withing winning distance in the 4th quarter.

I'm astonished at this forum the last 5 days. Apparently there is no reason to watch the game and bama is going to hang 70 on us in the 1st half..

Really? You're astonished that after a historic 27-point HOME loss to Kentucky...KENTUCKY...that VolNation doesn't think we can beat Alabama tomorrow?

Your delusions of grandeur never cease to amaze, Nationdom.

I'm astonished at this forum the last 5 days. Apparently there is no reason to watch the game and bama is going to hang 70 on us in the 1st half..

Can you really blame people?

The average margin of victory during this streak is 25 points per game.

I know. I know. Tennessee owns Alabama

Reactions: BreatheUT and 08Vol

WAITER I will have what hes having PLEASE!!!!

Reactions: GlennTenn
Its simple. Bama is just that much better. We stand zero chance. I mean they shredded a defense full of NFL players. Our defense cannot defend a slant and has maybe 1 NFL player at best. This is a gigantic mismatch.

Really? You're astonished that after a historic 27-point HOME loss to Kentucky...KENTUCKY...that VolNation doesn't think we can beat Alabama tomorrow?

Your delusions of grandeur never cease to amaze, Nationdom.

You have to understand Nationdom has been saying Bama is on the decline every year for like the past 3-4 years. LOL.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster

JG is the reason we can’t upset Bama.

Look what Bama did to the last limited QB they faced. They played like they were supposed to and got there hands up forcing the shorter QB to have to either try and lob it over the top or scramble to the open lane before he could throw.

What they will do to JG is rush early and often trying to stop our run game and force us to throw. Once they know they have us in throwing downs they will go into a disguised cover 3 and force him to make check down throws or throw into double and triple coverage at which point he will throw a pick.

VN Store

Back