The WTF story of the Day

I got food poisoning at a LA Popeye's a few years ago.... don't care how good anyone claims the food to be, my body won't let me cross the threshold
Popeye's in Athens, GA had a fried chicken liver lunch special. It gave me food poisoning. I was sick for days. I used to love fried chicken livers with hot sauce. I cannot eat chicken livers at all, now. The smell is repulsive to me.

Popeye's in Athens, GA had a fried chicken liver lunch special. It gave me food poisoning. I was sick for days. I used to love fried chicken livers with hot sauce. I cannot eat chicken livers at all, now. The smell is repulsive to me.

Funny how those associations work. When I was 15, I drank a pint of 90 proof Jack in about five minutes. I probably weighed about 140 back then. Anyway, it probably was something close to alcohol poisoning and I was still vomiting three days later. For many years after, just a bare whiff of whiskey made me nauseous. I had to mix the hell out of it to drink the stuff through high school and college.

I'm a dedicated scotch drinker now but I still get the occasional out-of-nowhere twinge of ewwww when I drink other whiskeys.

Funny how those associations work. When I was 15, I drank a pint of 90 proof Jack in about five minutes. I probably weighed about 140 back then. Anyway, it probably was something close to alcohol poisoning and I was still vomiting three days later. For many years after, just a bare whiff of whiskey made me nauseous. I had to mix the hell out of it to drink the stuff through high school and college.

I'm a dedicated scotch drinker now but I still get the occasional out-of-nowhere twinge of ewwww when I drink other whiskeys.
Lol

When I was a young boy of 18, I remember switching between beer and JD straight up on the rocks at a party. I was ok until someone passed me a bottle of BlackBerry brandy. Like you, it took me 3 days to get over that and to this day, I will not touch BlackBerry brandy.

Reactions: pismonque
We were excited that a Popeyes opened here in my area of Montana... they were swamped for the first 6 months, then the poor quality showed its head. I returned a $30 order and had to get into a fit with the manager as he was reluctant to agree that the chicken was under cooked.

That was the last time I went back. Now they close the place in the off season as the locals know that the best chicken comes for the local grocery stores... those stores do a great job and each has the pressure cooker set ups.

Reactions: Tin Man
Is anyone keeping up with the Natalia Barnett story? It’s old, but is back in the news. Long story short, a child was adopted that may or may not have actually been a child at the time of adoption. If you’ve seen the move, Orphan, the story is very similar.

VN Store

Back