The WRASSLIN’ Thread

All this heat coming down on Sasha, but Naomi obviously agreed. My understanding is both were making an argument for giving more respect to the women's tag division, which WWE is barely pushing despite creating belts for it.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Darby vs Oreilly was way to high on the card. It was a decent match, but felt like it had very little build.

Just now getting to watch it. My first issue is... If you're going to have Wardlow basically squash your top heel the way he did it. By not breaking a sweat, that guy needs to be your champion yesterday.

House of Black vs. Death Triangle is the match of the night so far! That was insane! The Brody King dive over the top rope was a little fail, but damn what a match. Tommy End is championship caliber and Buddy Matthews impresses me more each match. What can you say about death triangle... They are all incredible. Pac may have the best moveset in pro wrestling. Phenomenal match. Only question is why it was so early in the card. That should have been the lead in to the main event.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I finally finished DoN yesterday. Man that was a long PPV. But it was great. The only weak spots I saw were the Darby Allin & Kyle O'Reilly match and the Jade vs. Anna match. Those should have been further down the card. Death Triangle vs. House of Black was still the best match on the card aside from Anarchy in the Arena. Ruby Soho had her best match yet in AEW. Britt is still my queen though, lol. I loved the Hardys and Young Bucks, but yeah, the Hardys look like me after I stand up and try to walk after sitting for a while. Credit the Bucks for making them look like they are still "the Hardy Boys." Really enjoyed the ATT/Men of the Year vs. Sammy, Frankie and Tay. I didn't think I would enjoy that match as much as I did, but it was well done. The triple threat tag team title match took a little while to get rolling, but once it did, whooo.

Not crazy that they put the belt on Punk. Don't you have to immediately put Wardlow in the title picture now that he decimated MJF?

Overall I'd give it a solid B+ or even A-.

I imagine Wardlow eventually ends up with the TNT title from Sky.

Best part of the MoTY match was the end of that feud.

Anarchy match was fun.

If putting the belt on Punk is for draws than Punk v. Danielson would be the ultimate draw at next PPV.

Not a big fan of Cole or Baker.

Ricky Starks is a superstar in waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolInNorthCack
I imagine Wardlow eventually ends up with the TNT title from Sky.

Best part of the MoTY match was the end of that feud.

Anarchy match was fun.

If putting the belt on Punk is for draws than Punk v. Danielson would be the ultimate draw at next PPV.

Not a big fan of Cole or Baker.

Ricky Starks is a superstar in waiting.

I don't think they can do Punk/Danielson yet with BCC storyline just starting not too long ago. That needs to be established first.

I don't think they can do Punk/Danielson yet with BCC storyline just starting not too long ago. That needs to be established first.
Yeah, not sure how it would work out but would definitely deliver the highest PPV draw. 3-4 months to work out for the next two.

I say let Kingston go over him at Grand Slam.

Yeah, not sure how it would work out but would definitely deliver the highest PPV draw. 3-4 months to work out for the next two.

I say let Kingston go over him at Grand Slam.
We're probably getting Kingston VS Danielson soon, based on how anarchy at the arena ended. Winner should get Punk. It's also a good way to split BCC with Danielson going on a heel run with Regal as his manager and Mox siding with Eddie.

We're probably getting Kingston VS Danielson soon, based on how anarchy at the arena ended. Winner should get Punk. It's also a good way to split BCC with Danielson going on a heel run with Regal as his manager and Mox siding with Eddie.
That would probably be good tv. If we were discussing wwe, I would assume no chance of it happening lol. But with aew, they generally have good booking.

That would probably be good tv. If we were discussing wwe, I would assume no chance of it happening lol. But with aew, they generally have good booking.
They also play the long game, so it may be a a long reign for Punk I'm afraid. I want desperately for Kingston to take the belt off him though. Even if it is a very short title run for Eddie.

VN Store

Back