The WRASSLIN’ Thread

The table match was weird lol
I hate that I’m saying this: I do not care to watch the Hardys wrestle anyone in 2022. Jeff clearly is looking only to jump off ladders or ledges. Every time he does the swanton, I cringe. It looks like he’s going to pull a Hayabusa. Matt has seriously deteriorated physically in the last few years and doesn’t move well at all. I think he caught lightning in a bottle with the Broken gimmick. Right place, right time. He does and says things that leave me scratching my head and wondering if he’s all there.

I hate that I’m saying this: I do not care to watch the Hardys wrestle anyone in 2022. Jeff clearly is looking only to jump off ladders or ledges. Every time he does the swanton, I cringe. It looks like he’s going to pull a Hayabusa. Matt has seriously deteriorated physically in the last few years and doesn’t move well at all. I think he caught lightning in a bottle with the Broken gimmick. Right place, right time. He does and says things that leave me scratching my head and wondering if he’s all there.

It’s well past time to retire for the Hardy’s.
Matt can barely walk
Jeff can’t perform the moves that made him what he was

But I think the same about Jericho.

It’s well past time to retire for the Hardy’s.
Matt can barely walk
Jeff can’t perform the moves that made him what he was

But I think the same about Jericho.
I was right there on Jericho, too. I have been pleasantly surprised with how he’s performed since he’s leaned down. He was clearly not in the best of shape (still far better than me). Pandemic Jericho was very complacent.

I was right there on Jericho, too. I have been pleasantly surprised with how he’s performed since he’s leaned down. He was clearly not in the best of shape (still far better than me). Pandemic Jericho was very complacent.

he’s better now that he’s quit the beer but still he’s clinging to people to stay relevant.

he’s better now that he’s quit the beer but still he’s clinging to people to stay relevant.
I respect the vast majority of your opinions on things Dudleys, I often see eye to eye with you. But not on this. I don't think he's clinging to people at all. What he is doing is elevating younger guys and guys that have maybe been in the business a long time and haven't gotten the recognition that they should have. Just because they didn't have millions of eyes on them.

Look what he has done for MJF, Sammy G., Santana & Ortiz (yes, they have been big stars for a long time, but mainly in TNA/Impact), Eddie Kingston, Daniel Garcia and 2.0. He is elevating all of these mainly independent circuit guys to legit main event or upper card status. It's what the old school guys always called "giving them the rub." I think it's brilliant the way he keeps reinventing himself to stay current and relevant. Everything he touches turns to gold. And anyone who knows anything about Chris Jericho the person, knows he is one of the good guys and a legitimate great human being.

I respect the vast majority of your opinions on things Dudleys, I often see eye to eye with you. But not on this. I don't think he's clinging to people at all. What he is doing is elevating younger guys and guys that have maybe been in the business a long time and haven't gotten the recognition that they should have. Just because they didn't have millions of eyes on them.

Look what he has done for MJF, Sammy G., Santana & Ortiz (yes, they have been big stars for a long time, but mainly in TNA/Impact), Eddie Kingston, Daniel Garcia and 2.0. He is elevating all of these mainly independent circuit guys to legit main event or upper card status. It's what the old school guys always called "giving them the rub." I think it's brilliant the way he keeps reinventing himself to stay current and relevant. Everything he touches turns to gold. And anyone who knows anything about Chris Jericho the person, knows he is one of the good guys and a legitimate great human being.
All of this. JAS is gonna help 2.0 and especially Garcia take off.

Putting it that way he sure has elevated people.
Sammy G has really elevated his game. He has incredible potential to be the face of a promotion in my opinion.

MJF, if his promos aren’t scripted, has the ability to be punk level, attitude Rock level, and Stone Cold. Given that he has the ability to be creative.

I don’t know what to think about Kingston. I’ve only saw that bad botch a couple weeks back. Maybe you can fill me in on some good things he’s done along the way.

An honorable mention: Darby Allen. I think he’s an incredible talent and has potential to a mid card staple.

** I wish WWE would put Bliss and Ripley together. I think if Ripley found a dark side they could be a really good team. **

Putting it that way he sure has elevated people.
Sammy G has really elevated his game. He has incredible potential to be the face of a promotion in my opinion.

MJF, if his promos aren’t scripted, has the ability to be punk level, attitude Rock level, and Stone Cold. Given that he has the ability to be creative.

I don’t know what to think about Kingston. I’ve only saw that bad botch a couple weeks back. Maybe you can fill me in on some good things he’s done along the way.

An honorable mention: Darby Allen. I think he’s an incredible talent and has potential to a mid card staple.

** I wish WWE would put Bliss and Ripley together. I think if Ripley found a dark side they could be a really good team. **

Kingston was just one of those guys that was stuck in the indys and mid major promotions forever just because he didn't have "the look" that the big companies wanted. He was great in the new NWA, but he could just never seem to get that recognition and was always bypassed for guys that had "the look." Always has been stellar on the mic and in-ring work was always great. He was just never able to get that big paycheck. Jericho had a lot to do with getting him hired at AEW.

Kingston was just one of those guys that was stuck in the indys and mid major promotions forever just because he didn't have "the look" that the big companies wanted. He was great in the new NWA, but he could just never seem to get that recognition and was always bypassed for guys that had "the look." Always has been stellar on the mic and in-ring work was always great. He was just never able to get that big paycheck. Jericho had a lot to do with getting him hired at AEW.

There’s a lot that makes sense now. I guess he’s kind of like a Mox so to speak without the big break. Speaking of Mox I saw some articles that he’s going independent again or at least majority of the time? I guess he wants to focus on death matches and more hardcore stuff.

I did see where Seth did an interview where Mox was mentioned and said “never say never” on a potential return.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
I’m a casual wrestling fan, and from what I’ve seen of Kingston has been awesome. When he talks, he’s very believable. He is incredibly talented and just needs the perfect role. He’s kind of like a combination of CM Punk, Stone Cold and Roddy Piper.

There’s a lot that makes sense now. I guess he’s kind of like a Mox so to speak without the big break. Speaking of Mox I saw some articles that he’s going independent again or at least majority of the time? I guess he wants to focus on death matches and more hardcore stuff.

I did see where Seth did an interview where Mox was mentioned and said “never say never” on a potential return.

I could see Mox going back to WWE at some point. I could see a lot of the AEW talent in WWE and vice versa. The thing is though, a lot of people don't want to leave AEW when they get there after coming from WWE.

Everybody talks about how every move you make in WWE is scripted. From your promos, to your facial expressions. Everything. Nothing is your own. In AEW it's the polar opposite. You can be yourself, nobody writes your promos but you, they still have to be approved before going on TV of course. You can have your own Twitch or YouTube channel and pretty much all of your intellectual property is yours and not the company's. They all say it's a breath of fresh air. Like an indy promotion with major financial backing.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I could see Mox going back to WWE at some point. I could see a lot of the AEW talent in WWE and vice versa. The thing is though, a lot of people don't want to leave AEW when they get there after coming from WWE.

Everybody talks about how every move you make in WWE is scripted. From your promos, to your facial expressions. Everything. Nothing is your own. In AEW it's the polar opposite. You can be yourself, nobody writes your promos but you, they still have to be approved before going on TV of course. You can have your own Twitch or YouTube channel and pretty much all of your intellectual property is yours and not the company's. They all say it's a breath of fresh air. Like an indy promotion with major financial backing.

I may be in the minority here and if I am I am ok with it but i actually miss the first run of the shield. I know I know everything has to come to an end at some point but that was good stuff.

The WWE is just a mess from a writing standpoint.
I wish theyd go even further away from the PG stuff and really let the guys who can cut a promo go and say what they think. It would help the ratings and the crowd would pop more than they have in a long time.

The talks of Cody being the #1 contender potentially for the title(s) is a bit premature to me. He just joined the company again let him do some work before he gets an automatic shot.

The only way it could work is if Cody gets his shot and some one does a run in. they beat on Roman and the Rocks music hits the people pop. The Rock clears the ring and its just Roman, Rock, and Cody. Roman goes to cover Cody Rock turns him and hits the finish. Cody 1-2-3.

Maybe it just works in my head but that scenario could draw a lot of interest.

The end of the first Shield run was about when I quit watching WWE. Everything had become too formulaic. There was no unpredictability anymore after the Shield.

I don't think anyone blames Cody for going back to WWE. He never really got a big run there. I do believe that he over-values himself and his talent. He says that he believes he is the greatest professional wrestler in the world today and according to him, "there is nobody even close." I have a feeling he is going to have his run and maybe win the big one, then the hype will wind down and he will be back to the upper mid-card and not be happy with that and will want out.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
The end of the first Shield run was about when I quit watching WWE. Everything had become too formulaic. There was no unpredictability anymore after the Shield.

I don't think anyone blames Cody for going back to WWE. He never really got a big run there. I do believe that he over-values himself and his talent. He says that he believes he is the greatest professional wrestler in the world today and according to him, "there is nobody even close." I have a feeling he is going to have his run and maybe win the big one, then the hype will wind down and he will be back to the upper mid-card and not be happy with that and will want out.

Ultimately I think Vince in the end will cave to Cody because he will believe that winning one for Dusty will be a big hit with the fans. Dusty was a different breed and made a lot of wrestlers what they were in their own careers but i cant see Dusty being ok with giving Cody the belt. As far as being a permanent middle card guy a lot of people see him being just that. He cant be the face of the company and lacks what it takes to be the guy.

Am I wrong probably and I am ok with it.

Ultimately I think Vince in the end will cave to Cody because he will believe that winning one for Dusty will be a big hit with the fans. Dusty was a different breed and made a lot of wrestlers what they were in their own careers but i cant see Dusty being ok with giving Cody the belt. As far as being a permanent middle card guy a lot of people see him being just that. He cant be the face of the company and lacks what it takes to be the guy.

Am I wrong probably and I am ok with it.
Cody better hope to get a push fast. He'll end up going she the US/Intercontinental titles or in a thrown tie tag team, before its over with. He can cut a decent promo but he doesn't have it in ring. His shtick gets old after a while.

I think they should give him an initial title push. Then play into the Dusty thing and give him a Kayfabe leadership roll in NXT.

VN Store

Back