The WRASSLIN’ Thread

I’ve never been a huge Cody fan. IMO, his best work was as unhinged Stardust. I think his in-ring work is often sloppy and his lisp hurts him on the mic. His daddy made his speech impediment part of his persona. Cody hasn’t been able to do that.

I thought Cody was part of the behind the scenes stuff (storylines etc...) at AEW?
That was my impression as well. That's what makes it look so bad. Twitter is already a blaze with rumors and asking who else will leave. Cody's in ring skills are secondary to why this is a big deal.

The only thing I can think of is that he never had a REAL WWE run as top name or contender. Stardust was okay, but I think he wants that bigtime spotlight run in WWE.

It's a terrible look for Cody, that's for sure. It makes everything he preached and talked about from day 1 in AEW meaningless and hollow. Bad bad look.

It's a terrible look for Cody, that's for sure. It makes everything he preached and talked about from day 1 in AEW meaningless and hollow. Bad bad look.
I read AEW exercised an option on Jericho and others to keep them through 2024.
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2022/02/backstage-news-on-chris-jerichos-aew-contract-status/

It says they could have with Cody and did not. No idea if any of it is true but I've read 2024 on Jericho in a couple of places.

Update On Chris Jericho's AEW Contract Status - WrestleTalk

It seems like the rumors on friction with Cody and TK/The Elite might have been true.

Nice show last night. Bobby Fish still annoys the hell out of me. Jade is getting better. Still botched some moves. Loved the MJF bit haha. He is awesome, really knows how to twist a crowd.

Loved Buddy Murphy/Matthews joining HOB. I had heard he was coming in, but didn't know when. Danielson and Garcia was a really good match. I wish it had been longer. Can't wait for Thunder Rosa and DMD.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Nice show last night. Bobby Fish still annoys the hell out of me. Jade is getting better. Still botched some moves. Loved the MJF bit haha. He is awesome, really knows how to twist a crowd.

Loved Buddy Murphy/Matthews joining HOB. I had heard he was coming in, but didn't know when. Danielson and Garcia was a really good match. I wish it had been longer. Can't wait for Thunder Rosa and DMD.
They need to get Buddy and Sammy feuding asap.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
You figure it'll be DOA?

The way they describe the format, I just don't think traditional wrestling fans will buy into it. I could be wrong though. The way the landscape is changing and the ways that the younger generation consumes media now could spur some sort of grassroots movement for it. But to me, just reading how they are presenting it, it sounds like there is going just be way too much drama and not much wrestling.

The way they describe the format, I just don't think traditional wrestling fans will buy into it. I could be wrong though. The way the landscape is changing and the ways that the younger generation consumes media now could spur some sort of grassroots movement for it. But to me, just reading how they are presenting it, it sounds like there is going just be way too much drama and not much wrestling.
You could be right. There seems to be a pretty serious collection of egos there as well. It sounds like it'll be a train wreck. But those can be fun to watch.

Heck of a PPV! Man, that was awesome. Every match was fire. Moxley and Danielson was my favorite, I popped huuuge for William Regal. That was awesome! I was most looking forward to Thunder Rosa v.s D.M.D. It was good, but seemed kind of out of sync for a while.
It was one of the better PPVs AEW has put on. The tag team title match was probably me favorite with Kingston vs Jericho as a close second. That multi-table spot Sting did was crazy. The crowd was way up for the main event too. I was kind of shocked to see the House of Black vs Death Triangle on the buy in. But I got it afterward.

They were leaning into the ROH connections pretty heavy. It makes me wonder what they are going to do there.

VN Store

Back