The WRASSLIN’ Thread

3 major things for me is.
1. They really don't do any long term storytelling or at least do it very well. Best thing they have going story wise is Alexa/Fiend and I've read reports they plan on cutting it short. Because fans are complaining and Alexa isn't happy with the direction they character is going. They had a story with Alyiah and Buddy Murphy then just dropped it out of nowhere. They need more long term stuff that lasts awhile.
2. They need new talent at the top. Its pretty obvious when the same few people are fighting for the belts or holding the belts forever. They never really have surprise winners or if they do they get a 10 minute reign and they drop the belt to the sameol same ol
3. I agree with the matches thing GA said. Too many finishers too many high spots. It's at a point where it's too obvious they're cooperating and working together to make the matches. I know it's not real, but you can't even pretend it is with how matches are worked now a days. A move I would like to point out I hate is the superplex. It takes so long and they're so slow executing it thay there is no way to reasonably think hey they didn't cooperate and do that willingly

NXT it sounds like is being moved to Tuesday nights after WrestleMania ending the Wednesday Night Wars that AEW Dynamite dominated. That's good for both AEW Dynamite and NXT as both shows will have a million+ viewers most likely. That's very bad news for Impact however.

NXT Being Moved To A New Day! | WrestleTalk News | WrestleTalk
Yeah, that's awful for Impact. I bet they get moved to Thursday. Their parent company owns the AXS TV. So they can do it with minimal trouble, I would think.

Reactions: Border Vol
Reactions: Border Vol
He had a good run in TNA a while back.

The article mentioned Minoru Suzuki. That would be pretty cool if they book him like New Japan does. He's got that old grizzled badass vipe to him.
Minoru Suzuki would be a great signing for AEW. I like the idea of AEW working with the Japanese promotions.

Minoru Suzuki would be a great signing for AEW. I like the idea of AEW working with the Japanese promotions.
I keep waiting on them to bring ROH in, since they already have a relationship with New Japan. Noah has worked with Impact before. The crossovers are a great way to get everyone more exposure.

I'm thinking Kurt Angle. He does a podcast with Conrad Thompson and so do JR and Arn. Tony Khan also said "It's true!" That a big name will be announced this weekend. Batista has squashed the rumor. CM Punk says it isn't him. Christian just signed a contract with WWE. That leaves Kurt Angle or John Cena as the most likely candidates from the US side if we are talking truly "hall of fame level." I have also heard Trish Stratus' name mentioned as a possibility.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I'm thinking Kurt Angle. He does a podcast with Conrad Thompson and so do JR and Arn. Tony Khan also said "It's true!" That a big name will be announced this weekend. Batista has squashed the rumor. CM Punk says it isn't him. Christian just signed a contract with WWE. That leaves Kurt Angle or John Cena as the most likely candidates from the US side if we are talking truly "hall of fame level." I have also heard Trish Stratus' name mentioned as a possibility.
At one point Tony Kahn said it was a man. So rule out Trish.

As for Kurt, he's in the Hall already. I believe it's gonna be a person who isn't currently in WWE's Hall. It's obviously not gonna be Cena. No way in hell. I think it could be Big Poppa Pump. He is Hall-worthy, but will never be inducted. The other one is RVD.

Last edited:
I don't know if they would hire Steiner. RVD either. Both have been labeled as "hard to work with" in the past. AEW seems like they are trying to stay away from the "Me Me Me" type of people. I really don't think it would be Cena either. I can't see him. I didn't know that TK definitely said it was a man.

Suzuki would be interesting too, but I don't see that happening.

Devon Dudley would make sense since his sons are in AEW.

Okada's contract with NJPW ends pretty soon I think. I know Triple H has been wanting Okada for a while, so this might be an F-U to WWE.

I don't know if they would hire Steiner. RVD either. Both have been labeled as "hard to work with" in the past. AEW seems like they are trying to stay away from the "Me Me Me" type of people. I really don't think it would be Cena either. I can't see him. I didn't know that TK definitely said it was a man.

Suzuki would be interesting too, but I don't see that happening.

Devon Dudley would make sense since his sons are in AEW.

Okada's contract with NJPW ends pretty soon I think. I know Triple H has been wanting Okada for a while, so this might be an F-U to WWE.
I have no clue when Okada's contract ends but it isn't that farfetched that AEW could sign him. Okada and the Bucks are really good friends.

VN Store

Back