The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Man, I'll tell you what. I slept on TNA. Never really watched them much. But there is this channel on Pluto TV that is the Impact! Channel. It's all TNA Impact all the time. Been watching that a lot lately and man, TNA had some quality stuff.
I just watched The Hardy's vs. the Dudley's vs. the Wolves (Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards). That was one of the best matches I've ever seen. I didn't know they had the Lucha Bros. at one point , Eli Drake, etc. Man I'm out of touch lol

Man, I'll tell you what. I slept on TNA. Never really watched them much. But there is this channel on Pluto TV that is the Impact! Channel. It's all TNA Impact all the time. Been watching that a lot lately and man, TNA had some quality stuff.
I just watched The Hardy's vs. the Dudley's vs. the Wolves (Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards). That was one of the best matches I've ever seen. I didn't know they had the Lucha Bros. at one point , Eli Drake, etc. Man I'm out of touch lol
I miss old school TNA. The Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money had one of the most epic tag team rivalries of all time.

The Lucha Bros and LAX (Santana and Ortiz) had some great matches on TNA, either last year or 2018.

I think WrestleMania 36 will be postponed until July-early August and the card will probably be the same with Goldberg vs Roman Reigns for the Universal Title and Brock Lesnar vs Drew McIntyre for the WWE Title. I think Ronda Rousey will make her return to the WWE at WrestleMania 36 and probably interfere in the Becky Lynch-Shayna Baszler RAW Women's Title match helping Becky Lynch win setting up a Becky Lynch-Ronda Rousey match for the RAW Women's Title at Summerslam in late August. There could be a big storyline of Ronda Rousey wanting revenge on Becky Lynch for winning the RAW Women's Title from her in April 2019.

Happy 3:16 Day!

mStnux0.gif

Last edited:
I love AEW.

Was a huge NWA / WCW fan from the late 70's as a kid. Loved the Horsemen.
The NWO is the greatest story/angle ever in the history of wrestling.

I watched WWF because they always had some guys I was interested in (Rude, Von Erich, WCW guys who'd jump over, Jake Roberts, Hennig, ect). But then again, I'd watch every single wrestling show that came on, just because it was wrestling, excuse me, rasslin, and I loved it that much. Queen Kong of the Amazon anyone?

I hated the product WWF put out. Even as a kid, it felt like a circus or cartoon. Doink? Repo Man? (even as a kid I figured out he was Krusher Kruschev, then went on to be in Demolition {Road Warrior ripoffs}). Why take a solid guy like Terry Taylor and make him the Red Rooster? Really? Couldn't you just leave Kerry Von Erich Kerry Von Eric? Did he really need to be the Texas Tornado? Why did Barry Windham, one of the best in ring wrestlers of my lifetime, have to be the Widowmaker? Even tho the Undertaker gimmick got cool eventually, in it's inception it was just a cartoonish character that irked me. I mean, Paul Bearer from WCCW was now manager of Mean Mark Callous from the Skyscrapers in WCW ... big deal. Vince just had to put his spin on everyone. He seldom put talent over that wasn't his creation. Oh, and don't get me started about Vince buying WCW, shutting it down, and not even being able to keep and use the best talent in their prime (Sting tops the list). Even today, I just can't get into it. And it's a shame, cause WWE has got major talent that I like, they just aren't used as well as I think, and the script seems the same from show to show to show, every week. AJ, Finn, Orton, dudes are great performers. And you expect me to believe that on Monday Night Raw, Jinder Mahal is jobbing, then shows up on Smackdown later in the week, becomes the #1 contender, then wins the world title? Come on man! This is just one isolated example of why I just don't like the booking in WWF/E. Never really have. It's not all bad all the time. But it's bad enough often enough that it has just always soured on me.

Then there's useless moves. Sooooo devastating! Like Hogan's leg drop. The People's Elbow. The Five Knuckle Shuffle. Really great stuff that looks like it'd be career ending devastation.

Eh, it's all in the opinion.
Ford Chevy.
V8 or Rice Rocket.
Carolina Clemson (if you live here you know what I mean by that).
Coke Pepsi.
McDonalds Burger King.
Ect.

Again, just my opinions.

Oh yeah, what I was saying before I got sidetracked writing an essay. I really love AEW. I can't wait to get home from church every Wednesday Night to watch it. To be clear, I don't preach short on purpose for it. I just get home when we're done with service and fellowship and such, and then I can fast forward thru commercials ... at least the ones that aren't picture in picture. Yep, I love AEW. Hoping things go well enough in the real world that they'll be able to (safely, no corona) put on war ga ... uh, I mean, blood and guts in a couple weeks.

Forgive me for writing so long a letter. I almost never venture over here to the PUB. The football forum and recruiting forum are almost dead right now ... understandable considering world events. Not even much happening around the NCAA, both literally and figuratively. I saw this thread, jumped to the last page, read it, and have been typing for about 30 minutes (yep, I'm sorta slow).

Well, I feel better.
I look forward to (hopefully) seeing another great episode of AEW tomorrow night.
I'll hang up and listen.

(ps - don't roast me too bad all you WWF/E fans. it's just one middle aged man's opinions)

Last edited:
Reactions: The Sheriff

VN Store

Back