The worst part of this year for me

3 years ago we would have killed to be an 8 win team. Now we're boring. That shows how far Heupel has taken us in 3 years. The only thing that has risen faster than the quality of our team is our fans expectations. We are also on the verge of having our best recruiting season in darn near forever. If we can string 2 or 3 together and run Heupel's system I can promise you it will be anything but boring.

Reactions: njvols
This year was different than the ones with Hooker at QB because down and distance didn't matter you thought they was going to covert it and you thought every game was winnable . This year with Milton at QB and lesser WRs you never really had that hope of them coming from behind or overcoming a penalty. It was a good year though but that's about it . IMO that is . Go Vols

Reactions: njvols
Florida. That's the only game I cannot justify in my mind.
Yes this made the rest of the season just bla because Vols lost to a crappy UF team as usuall and that means no CFP is like 75 % so the rest of the season was for the best next bowl game and maybe play spoiler

First, let me say, good game yesterday.

I know it’s hard to come off a season like last year but the thing for me that made last season so great is that it was fun.

This year, I would sum up our play by the word boring. It’s hard for me to pinpoint frustration over 1 thing. It just didn’t come together like we would have liked.

I hope next season is better.
Extremely boring. There were a lot of games that I quit watching and did something else because it was so boring.

JH has taken 8 wins being great, to 8 wins being bad. That's a good thing.
Even in JH post vandy presser, JH talked a good bit about disappointment of season it seemed, almost as much as the Vandy win...while giving the seniors their props. To me shows the type of mentality he has to not settle for second tier good...8-4.

Reactions: first time caller
Exactly. Consider that Butch Jones maxed out at 8 regular season wins with a roster that included Josh Dobbs, Jauan Jennings, Alvin Kamara, Jalen Hurd, Josh Malone, Derek Barnett, and Cam Sutton.

There's no way our roster for 2023 is anywhere close to the talent level of those 2015/16 teams. We're missing almost an entire Junior class right now.
THEN, our known thin roster got thinner with the losses of Bru, Pili, early on Cooper, a late start and fast exit by Thornton, not to mention Hadden and a raft of injuries at safety. Continuity when you lose experience can be hard to come by. Play calls seemed slow this year. Joe staring at sideline a lot. New OC I guess.

Lots of youth learned on the practice field and had weight room and training table and should help next year with shorter learning curves.

Bringing back some key pieces with decisions to make and getting experience in the portal COULD return us to last years levels.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
The absolute worst part of this year is that we are now facing a long, long off season. No football. What's worse than than?

VN Store

Back