The wheel of time

ATCVolinmn

1st 3 episodes airing tonight. Watched the 1st one. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't egewene blonde in the books? Anybody else watched it yet?

Reactions: Danl and FLVOL_79
1st 3 episodes airing tonight. Watched the 1st one. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't egewene blonde in the books? Anybody else watched it yet?

Egwene was tan, brown hair and brown eyes. Nynaeve was similar(not black) So was Perrin (curly hair) also not black. Rand stood out for his fair hair and light eyes. Lan was not Asian but his culture had some Asian themes. Moiraine was petite with brown hair and brown eyes. They are doing a terrible job with PC casting. I'm all for inclusion where it fits but not changing story and major characters.

I know I'm going to hate it because it's my favorite book series and they will ruin it. GoT showrunners would do much better and stick to books and cast properly. It will be impossible to get important story points, character and world building done with 8 hours per season. 12 would have been better.

Egwene was tan, brown hair and brown eyes. Nynaeve was similar(not black) So was Perrin (curly hair) also not black. Rand stood out for his fair hair and light eyes. Lan was not Asian but his culture had some Asian themes. Moiraine was petite with brown hair and brown eyes. They are doing a terrible job with PC casting. I'm all for inclusion where it fits but not changing story and major characters.

I know I'm going to hate it because it's my favorite book series and they will ruin it. GoT showrunners would do much better and stick to books and cast properly. It will be impossible to get important story points, character and world building done with 8 hours per season. 12 would have been better.

I have no idea why I was thinking she was blonde. And I don't remember nyneave being taken by the trollocs either. Been a lot of years since I read the books. I was worried about the casting before it was released.....hoping the cast as is does a good job at who they're portraying. I think I will try to watch it as if I never read the books and see. Don't know if I can as I've been excited to see the books on screen.....

Reactions: gainesvol82
I have no idea why I was thinking she was blonde. And I don't remember nyneave being taken by the trollocs either. Been a lot of years since I read the books. I was worried about the casting before it was released.....hoping the cast as is does a good job at who they're portraying. I think I will try to watch it as if I never read the books and see. Don't know if I can as I've been excited to see the books on screen.....

Halfway through the first episode and despise it. Way too many changes to story for no reason. Won't watch next episodes...I couldn't stop complaining and being pissed.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Halfway through the first episode and despise it. Way too many changes to story for no reason. Won't watch next episodes...I couldn't stop complaining and being pissed.

I understand where your coming from. Maybe it's a good thing I don't remember a lot from the books....😁. Has there ever been a book series made into a movie or tv series that stayed true to the books......

I understand where your coming from. Maybe it's a good thing I don't remember a lot from the books....😁. Has there ever been a book series made into a movie or tv series that stayed true to the books......

Game of Thrones was remarkably close. They left out very few characters and important story lines. They also cast the characters perfectly.

I could like the show if I didn't know and love the books so well but they have drastically changed things that didn't need changing.

I've only read the first book and during the first episode I was like "wtf is this garbage"?. But I'll keep watching it..need something as filler until the new Witcher, LoTR, and GoT series.

I think the biggest problem that the showrunners for Wheel of Time face is how to compress 14 books into 4-5 seasons of quality television. GoT (conceivably) was set up better for success as I think the showrunners for it had always planned on have one season per book. GoT lost its way when they ran out of book content.

Wheel of Time on the other hand has too much content to make into a TV Series without planning on one season per book (and even then it would really require compressing a lot of events/details). So far the TV Show is MUCH different from the books, but I can sort of see why they've chosen the routes they have thus far. They are taking (what they feel) to be shortcuts to reach the same character development arcs without including all the same details as the books.

I'm going to reserve judgment until I watch the end of this season. If I recall correctly, I think Season 1 of WoT is going to include parts of the story arc from books 1, 2, and some of 3, which is an insane amount of content to work with.

That being said:
I HATE that the showrunners married Perrin before his journey even begins. It's clearly intended to give Perrin a justifiable reason for his self-loathing for his animalistic tendencies with being a wolfbrother, but I wish they could've come up with something more true to the books. Perrin being married essentially ruins the greatest running joke arc in the books where Perrin, Mat, and Rand all think that each other know how to deal with women better than themselves.

Also, Morraine getting injured by trollocs in the Two Rivers doesn't fit the storyline for any other reason other than to explain that Aes Sedai cannot heal themsleves, and I don't like that either.

Going to watch this weekend. Hopefully the book comes back to me quick. Haven’t read in many years

Same here. If I was quizzed about any details I would fail miserably.

I think the only way I can deal with the book deviations is to assume this takes place during the same age and turn of the Wheel but through one of the portal stones’ alternate worlds.

It's nearly unwatchable for me. Complete butchery of my favorite book series and pushing stupid woke agendas.

Reactions: LouderVol
haven't read the books so it's entertaining for me
I have read the books so I am kind of letdown. However my wife never has read the books and is enjoying it pretty well. I will count it as a win. If nothing else it means I get to watch something that has some action.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I just finished season 1. I've not read the books, so I'm curious if it's following the same story.
It's very vague. It's keeping the outline but filling in the details very differently. If you enjoy it I do recommend you keep watching it.

Reactions: ATCVolinmn
It's very vague. It's keeping the outline but filling in the details very differently. If you enjoy it I do recommend you keep watching it.
Honestly, I'm intrigued on where the story is going. There's no way I could rate the show so far. I'm indifferent.

Reactions: ATCVolinmn

VN Store

Back