The Weightlifters Thread

Lol 100% dude, bro.

Only reason I cap myself at 1,500 is because my fitness pal makes you enter your height & weight, plus your goal to lose either .5, 1, or 2 lbs per week, & I put 2 lbs so it sets your calorie limit to 1,500 to try & hit that goal. I know it's extreme & I fee like it's too extreme because I'm hungry af all the time which is why I came here for help.

I've always been athletic & played sports my entire life. I have a nice frame with broad shoulders & smaller waist, but have some fat to lose for sure. I'm just trying to finally get serious about lifting & try to get the body I know I can get.

M-W-F are lift days, T-R-S are cardio days which I do insanity. Sometimes I'll swap it up & do two lift days, or two cardio days in a row.

I just had to make sure lol.

There is no way u can be that active and maximize your training at 1500 calories a day. Your probably in a catabolic state within 20 minutes of a workout.

Again, I'm no expert by any means. Just someone who reads and trains on my own. you are doing yourself more harm than good with that diet. I suggest you seek help via athletic trainers and nutritionists in your area.

I just had to make sure lol.

There is no way u can be that active and maximize your training at 1500 calories a day. Your probably in a catabolic state within 20 minutes of a workout.

Again, I'm no expert by any means. Just someone who reads and trains on my own. you are doing yourself more harm than good with that diet. I suggest you seek help via athletic trainers and nutritionists in your area.

Yeah I figured I was probably hurting myself more than helping. I usually feel like a zombie thoughout the day & have to add at least another half scoop of C4 50x than preferred to really get any energy. Sometimes that's not even enough..It's usually pretty miserable honestly. Sitting in a cockpit for most of the day doesn't really help as I'm not very active but I still get a workout in everyday but Sunday.

I imagine any help from personal trainers in the Brentwood area will be a pretty penny 😂 Thanks for the help though bud

There are very good resources, such as Bret Contreras, Eric Helms, Alan Aragon to name a few, that provide evidence-based practice studies on the topic of nutrition for strength athletes (specifically for weight loss/contest prep). You may be interested in the flexible dieting approach which is more effective than the "cheat meal" system. Purely based on convenience.

So who else is focused on shedding some weight with summer just around the corner?

I'm down 6.5 lbs. and hope to be at 178-180 by July 4th weekend. Not planning on going to the lake or anything that weekend, my programming block just happened to be run until then.

Reactions: 1 person
Lol 100% dude, bro.

Only reason I cap myself at 1,500 is because my fitness pal makes you enter your height & weight, plus your goal to lose either .5, 1, or 2 lbs per week, & I put 2 lbs so it sets your calorie limit to 1,500 to try & hit that goal. I know it's extreme & I fee like it's too extreme because I'm hungry af all the time which is why I came here for help.

I've always been athletic & played sports my entire life. I have a nice frame with broad shoulders & smaller waist, but have some fat to lose for sure. I'm just trying to finally get serious about lifting & try to get the body I know I can get.

M-W-F are lift days, T-R-S are cardio days which I do insanity. Sometimes I'll swap it up & do two lift days, or two cardio days in a row.

You are under eating brother. I cut with a 2500 calorie a day Intake. You may want to research the Ketogenic diet. I've switched over to it after I cut traditional style to get to the weight I wanted to. It allows me to keep my power while cutting BF%. I'm to active to be carb depleted all the time so I switched to a carb cycle coupled with a Ketogenic meal plan.

Sometimes I get a good laugh as I'm tracking my weight. Since Easter, my weight has fluctuated more than usual, even with hitting my macros and completing all my workouts and cardio sessions. This morning my weight finally hit a new low for this cutting cycle with 189.0 lbs. I'll be glad when this semester is over so I can get back to 8 hours of sleep each night. These nights of 4-6 hours of sleep just aren't cutting it

alright Ladies and Gentlemen...I had my Powerlifting meet last weekend and here are my results:

BdyWt=337

Squats 3 for 3= 700, 750, 805
Bench 2 for 3= 475, 500x, 500
Dead Lift 2 for 3= 585, 600, 615x

Total 1905

I competed in the SHW Raw Sub Masters (33-39), the 805lb squat was a SPF Record for my Division.

I was feeling good about the contest entering Sat, except I had somehow lost 13lbs during the week, and nervous at the same time. There were only 30 lifters and 26 were Full Power (Squat, Bench and DL) so it went by quickly. I opened up at 700lbs and I had a new guy wrapping my knees, my normal guy son had a motocross event, and he was nervous. My right knee was wrapped great but he got nervous on my left bc time was running down and left about a 5 inch gap of skin showing at my knee...I made the lift anyway. We talked it over afterwards and started the process a little sooner so he wouldn't feel rushed. I was confident after that first Squat and went for 750lbs on my 2nd attempt. He managed to wrap my left knee a little better but it was still off compared to the right, but I nailed the squat easily. So I went for the SPF division record in the Sub Masters SHW of 805lbs, previous was 800. We went over the wrapping technique again and this time he nailed it, super tight and both were equal. Now I ain't gonna lie...that ish was HEAVY. I literally couldn't hear anything, music, crowd or judges once I lifted the weight off the bar. I also knew tho, that once I did lift it off and the way it felt on my shoulders, that I had a chance. I concentrated on my technique and let it happen and I exploded out of the hole and nailed it. My wife and kids came running up to congratulate me and that was AWESOME. This was their first meet to be able to attend and watch me and when you hear your kids screaming "let's go Daddy", there is no such thing as failure. It took me a good 5 minutes to be able to hear out of my right ear after the attempt.

On my bench press I knew I was going to get 500lbs for the first time, it was my Eleanor bc I had missed it in 3 straight competitions. I had hit a gym PR on the bench and was feeling super confident. So I decided to open with an easy 475lbs. I nailed it but I felt a twinge in my left Bicep. I ignored it and was super confident going in on my next lift. So with 500lbs on the bar and the lift off done I start down and I took too long bc my bicep started screaming and it gave out and the bar came down but I controlled it and the lift command was given and I pressed. I came up with the weight but it was wobbly and uneven and they redlighted me bc my left side apparently made a downward movement at some point. I was pissed...so I immediately go over and start rolling the bicep and wrapped it to get fresh blood in it. I took the time to concentrate on the down part of my bench. As I was sitting there contemplating the lift again I knew I had to get it bc my kids were watching and I have always told them that in order to be a great player, they must face adversity and have short memories and learn from but forget the mistakes. I get over to the bench and I take in a big dose of the ammonia capsule. I lay back and get the takeoff and bring the weight down immediately and hear the press command and I absolutely blow it straight up like it was a warm up weight. FINALLY I HAVE MY ELEANOR...

On Dead Lifts I open up with a 25lb PR of 585lbs and nail it but I have a major set back...at the top while holding waiting on the down command, I felt something in my clavicle/collar bone area snap or shred...I honestly thought I had snapped my collar bone. I was able to set it down without dropping it but I was in pain. I need the 600lb DL for to reach my goal of 1900lb total. I roll it and keep it moving to keep it from getting stiff but it still does. I go up for my attempt on the 600lbs and just shove it out of my memory and nail the 600lbs but tweak my left hamstring. At this point I am frustrated but I enter my last lift of 615lbs. I walk up to the bar when it is my turn and bend down and touch the bar and then stand back up and say I am done...there was no use in further injury for 15lbs bc it meant nothing in the long run.

So in recap, I got a 105lb PR on Squat...a 10lb PR on Bench and a 40lb PR on DL.

I finished 1st overall in my class and overall in all weight classes.

Now my concentration will be on my DL to get it up to a respectable weight compared to my Squat and to reach my ultimate goal of a 2000lb total before the end of the year.

I will upload some video in a bit of the the 3 main lifts.

Reactions: 3 people
I flow like the waves in the sea.

I can make gains. Add muscle and drop weight. But I throw it all away because I can't give up the snacks, booze, and treats.

Still in the gym and now squatting everyday (been about 100+ days) for a daily max.
Hope everyone is still motivated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
Still hitting it, probably the best I've looked since I was 25 (I'm 39). I hit a wall, took a week off and went back to the drawing board, the last few weeks have been great workouts, been killing myself in a good way.

Side note:Strong supplements ads have been popping up on here, one on here as I type, I think Freak is trying to tell me something.

Still hitting it, probably the best I've looked since I was 25 (I'm 39). I hit a wall, took a week off and went back to the drawing board, the last few weeks have been great workouts, been killing myself in a good way.

Side note:Strong supplements ads have been popping up on here, one on here as I type, I think Freak is trying to tell me something.

What supplements do you use ? Anything you swear by ?

What supplements do you use ? Anything you swear by ?

Not really, just whey protein, creatine, and preworkout. I've tried a lot of stuff cause I'm a hard gainer, can get cut and stronger but don't really add much weight. I've tried BCAAs, L Glutamine, L Citrulline Malate, DAA (which tastes like pure hell) and L Carnitine didn't really notice a difference on any of it. Ordered M1 Alpha supposed to be here today with my on and post cycle stuff, a buddy swears by it. I'll let you know how it goes.

VN Store

Back