The Weightlifters Thread

29 reps of 185 is alot. BTW I use ON mocha cappachino flavor, its by far the best tasting protein I've found.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Really? That's kind of strange. I think they gave me grape.

Man, I'm already up to 2 and a half scoops of that Jack3d. I will be up to the max 3 scoops by next week. I like it but it gives me a hard crash about 4 hours after I take it. That's why I prefer to take it later in the evening then sleep like a champ.

Jack3d causes you to crash because it overloads your adrenal glands. If you consume a quality intra workout product and follow it with some healthy carbs you won't crash. The best intra/post product on the market right now is Myozene by Bioquest. It doesn't taste very good but its a powerhouse of a mass builder.

Any high glycemic index simple carbs. Fruit would be best. Most chain gyms typically sell good recovery drinks -- ABB makes a solid one.

I will try this. Any good suggestions of some healthy carbs that I could eat right quick while driving after my workout?

Raw almonds are great. A handful would be plenty. I always keep a good supply of Supreme Protein bars handy. They do the trick and taste like candy bars.

After you're done with your supply of Jack3d try a preworkout product with GlycoCarn instead of the typical AKG products that dominate the market. GlycoCarn is newer technology so its a bit pricey, about double the $$ of Jack3d, but its exponentially more effective at the "pump" effect and is a better NO catalyst. Bioquest and MuscleMeds both have it now.

Halfway through mine, it's been solid so far. Difference is that I got it for a steal, seems to be about half the price of NO Explode, Black Powder, etc. etc.

USP Labs, makers of Jack3d, is one the most solid supplement makers. In addition to Jack3d, their Powerfull and Prime supplements are top of the line. Their new product, Pink something?, is flying off shelves as a T booster. I've not tried it nor know anyone personally that has but they have a good record if top notch stuff.

The reason Jack3d is so productive is its lack of magnesium. Other PWO prods load up on it because its a cheap filler, but too much will give you the runs big time! Anyone tried SuperPump? aka SuperDump?

:lol: Yeah, that happens with a lot of them. I make sure I'm emptied out right before I take pre-workout stuff anyhow. Cup of black coffee and a cig does the trick.

I've tried SuperPump 250. It was better than NO XPlode I thought.

BSN made a huge splash with NO Xplode, which is an ok product, but the rest of their stuff is junk really. They do the best job of marketing by far, followed closely by Gaspari.

If anyone is interested in increasing their squat by 10%-15% instantly get a Manta Ray squat assist. I'd link a picture but I'm mobile and don't know how. It's just a molded piece of plastic that you snap to the bar that provides 1600% more contact area to stabilize the bar. You can buy them on eBay for about $30.

BSN made a huge splash with NO Xplode, which is an ok product, but the rest of their stuff is junk really. They do the best job of marketing by far, followed closely by Gaspari.

NO Explode is so-so, but Cellmass is easily one of the best creatine supplement products on the market. Endorush also works well if you use it once in a great while. Doesn't really provide a pump of any sort, but the one-off strength increase is nuts. I was lifting at least 15-20% more first time I had a whole bottle.

NO Explode is so-so, but Cellmass is easily one of the best creatine supplement products on the market. Endorush also works well if you use it once in a great while. Doesn't really provide a pump of any sort, but the one-off strength increase is nuts. I was lifting at least 15-20% more first time I had a whole bottle.

I didn't mean to imply BSN products didn't work but at best they are middle of the pack efficacy wise in every category. Which really shows how far supplemental science has traveled in the last decade. Of course the most overhyped brand by far is Muscletech.

What's the consensus on the best whey protein out there? Optimum Nutrition?

Different proteins have all sorts of different stuff depending on what you're looking for, but ON is the most well-rounded protein out there. If you're not taking a bunch of other aminos, PWO stuff, then I'd recommend it.

Only caveat I'd put with it is get a good shaker cup, because it doesn't like to blend very well (I mix with nonfat milk).

I didn't mean to imply BSN products didn't work but at best they are middle of the pack efficacy wise in every category. Which really shows how far supplemental science has traveled in the last decade. Of course the most overhyped brand by far is Muscletech.

Oh, for sure... That said, I have taken a bunch of different Muscletech products at once, if you have a big crazy stack with all their stuff, it works, but the expense outweighs the effectiveness. I had a friend at the time who was a manager at GNC backdoor me some stuff for cheap.

And yes, BSN is usually middle of the pack, except Cellmass. That stuff is the only consistent part of any stack I take. Cheap and insanely effective.

Thinking of a new regimen.

Jack3d, Optimum opti-Men, Scivation Xtend and ON Whey protein

Jack3d and ON whey are solid. However;

1) You should put in a post-workout creatine (pre-workout if you want as well)

2) I've heard opti-Men is solid, but from everything I've heard, Animal Pak is the undisputed king of multis right now. Get some, but don't pay more than $30 for it.

3) IMO Amino supplements are a racket. If you're eating a healthy diet, you should be getting more than enough no matter how much protein you're trying to eat, ON has aminos in it, so does nearly every variety of meat and poultry.

I'm not a big fan of creatine...I never got results that I could notice while using it. I could google it but since we're on the subject, what exactly does creatine do and is it worth the risk of damaging your liver/kidney?

I cycle on & off with Jack3d. Two downsides that I can find with Jack3d are that its primary stimulant is caffeine, which is great, but anyone can build a tolerance for it very quickly which means taking more and more to be effective which in the long run wipes out your wallet. The other is that Jack3d is so effective it will completely wipe out your glycogen stores, wreak havoc on your adrenal glands, and possibly inhibit natural insulin production. I guess with anything balance is the key.

VN Store

Back