The Walking Dead

The dynamite on the bridge was probably some half carried out plan by the saviors that was interrupted with the camp war.

There was no visual of how Rick got from the bridge into the water. You missed nothing. Rick was able to swim to shore and drag himself out of the current. The zombies aren't exactly great swimmer so the current being so strong prevented them from having a chance of making it to shore.

A dude that has been bleeding out for at least half an hour and just absorbed a concussive blast that would have killed him is a great swimmer? Plus I figured the way he was laying on the shore it was implied he just kind of ended up there from the blast and the current spitting him out there. Dude can barely even stay on a horse, so him being able to swim agianst that current is ridiculous.

Inb4 "it's a show about zombies".

Honestly though, the absolute worst part of the episode was Maggie’s confrontation with Negan. If your purpose was to kill him why stop for a chat? Why open the cell? Then after crying about being locked up and wanting to die he just cowers back into his cell. That was big time weak.

I can't convince myself if Negan was playing it straight or took the only chance he had to Hail Mary Maggie keeping him alive. The way they shot the end of the scene with Maggie walking out and Negan facing the camera whimpering I was around 70% sure the final couple seconds after the door closed would be him breaking into a smile.

Followers of the comics might know but it would just seem such a Negan thing to do considering him being so long portrayed as the master survivor/manipulator.

I can't convince myself if Negan was playing it straight or took the only chance he had to Hail Mary Maggie keeping him alive. The way they shot the end of the scene with Maggie walking out and Negan facing the camera whimpering I was around 70% sure the final couple seconds after the door closed would be him breaking into a smile.

Followers of the comics might know but it would just seem such a Negan thing to do considering him being so long portrayed as the master survivor/manipulator.

I thought he was going to smile too. Kinda glad they didn’t take that predictable route.

Now that I think about it.... since there is a time jump I wonder if they even tell Negan Rick is “dead” or just let him think Rick stopped visiting him.

One potential is that we don't have to watch 6 more years of this.
That's the funniest part, no one is HAVING to watch any of it. They just keep tuning in, then complaining.
Some kind of BS about "determined to see it through" 😌

That's the funniest part, no one is HAVING to watch any of it. They just keep tuning in, then complaining.
Some kind of BS about "determined to see it through" 😌
I've been watching since the start. I did quit Fear after 1 season. I keep threatening to quit this mess.

I've been watching since the start. I did quit Fear after 1 season. I keep threatening to quit this mess.
There was a couple other shows that I grew tired of as they wore on, I understand. I just changed the channel.
I was growing bored with fear but after they killed off Madison and brought in new characters, it's gained my interest again.
Hope TWD takes out a few more also. I still like walkers, just like new stories and characters. The only one I miss is Abraham.
Realistic comedy relief for an apocalypse.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Fear was very good imo this season.

And I like the direction twd is headed. It should be character driven story telling, like it used to be. Not done drawn out melladrama it's been the past 2 seasons. Done right, you can lose major characters and still not miss a beat.

It's what made it great at the beginning. GOT had it too, and they got back to it last season as well.

I think that's what's happening now, and I think it looks good.

Reactions: chargervol
Fear was very good imo this season.

And I like the direction twd is headed. It should be character driven story telling, like it used to be. Not done drawn out melladrama it's been the past 2 seasons. Done right, you can lose major characters and still not miss a beat.

It's what made it great at the beginning. GOT had it too, and they got back to it last season as well.

I think that's what's happening now, and I think it looks good.

I think you're the first person I've seen say that.

Probably. To me it was a fresh start, I liked the new characters. And I like that they weren't afraid of Nick and Madison leaving, and made a whole new story Arc.

I thought Morgan was a good add to the show as well.
I already said that I liked it as well.
Same with the friends we discuss it with. No need to explain liking a show that you watch, that's normal.
People watching a show they seem not to like is way more baffling to me.

I already said that I liked it as well.
Same with the friends we discuss it with. No need to explain liking a show that you watch, that's normal.
People watching a show they seem not to like is way more baffling to me.
Agreed.
It's a show about a zombie apacolypse.

Either you like the story or you don't. The gnashing of teeth about all the "unrealistic" stuff that happens is comical.

Agreed.
It's a show about a zombie apacolypse.

Either you like the story or you don't. The gnashing of teeth about all the "unrealistic" stuff that happens is comical.

So serious question, is there no line that you draw? I mean I keep seeing the same few people say this, yet I have a hard time believing there isn't a point where even you would say "Ok that's just not believable at all and insults the audiences' intelligence."

So serious question, is there no line that you draw? I mean I keep seeing the same few people say this, yet I have a hard time believing there isn't a point where even you would say "Ok that's just not believable at all and insults the audiences' intelligence."
I take it for what it is. That would be my advice to anyone going overboard on the criticism.

The biggest criticism is how long and drawn out the last two seasons were, and the lengths they went to extend a story that just didn't need it.

Hell yeah.
Carol back to old Carol.

23FB6690-387B-4D21-A139-884370B12D5E.gif

I thought this was a pretty good set up for the new direction of the show. Jumping around the time of day was a little screwy just to get to the talking walkers (yeah I know, the Whisperers). The little girl playing Judith was cute. And did Michone and Rick have another kid?

Eugene has balls now and looks like Mel Gibson from "The Patriot". And Carol looks like old Laurie Strode from the new "Halloween".

Last edited:
Reactions: BenGrimm
Yeah "Richonne" had a baby boy who would be 5+ years old.

If this isn't the last season of TWD next season definitely will be.
Fear's viewership has only been dwindling further, they look to only have 2 million viewers tuning in for next year's premiere.

VN Store

Back