The Wait...

And while we're at it let's give out trophies for participation. And maybe we can eliminate scoring. And possibly we could have rotation scheme where everybody gets to play equal minutes
This team has already pretty much eliminated scoring and everyone does get equal mins even if they don’t deserve it! I can see Holly giving up Coachinh and getting into politics and running for a President for the Democrat party!

And while we're at it let's give out trophies for participation. And maybe we can eliminate scoring. And possibly we could have rotation scheme where everybody gets to play equal minutes
You don’t get it. One humiliating trip to the wnit ought to fix this sub par sone day on sone day off effort . Imo .

Well technically, and definitely on paper. But realistically, they are half way thru their careers and have started and played extensively in 50+ games in every imaginable place and setting. And participated in hundreds of practices. Have easily as much game experience already as many SEC senior starters have. Safe to say their development as players, especially as complete and consistent players, is far behind what their potential and their in-game experience suggest it should be.

Sadly, yes, there is a credible argument that the less time the current coaching staff and the current players spend together, the better. We've seen multiple highly rated and obviously talented players not only fail to get better under the current regime, but arguably regress.

To me that's the best argument for NOT accepting a WNIT invite, and hell even decline an NCAA Objectively we really don't deserve it and the sooner this mess is over the better. Way too late in the day for "Look! We played a decent quarter! NOW they get it!" We all know even if we won a game the inevitable end is another ugly and disheartening loss full of hard to watch play. No one needs that.

On the other hand:

Exactly. And since we all like to think we know what Pat would do, THIS is what I think Pat would do. Would love to have their asses for a dozen or so more practices! Also would totally do the bitter pill of reality route, plus would never want to disrespect any aspect of the game.

Also, if you truly swallow the "we're just young" hokum, first please walk out of your cave dwelling into the sunlight, and second hope for ANY post season bid to occur since you think more Holly developmental strategy and practice time is the magic potion.
Thank you . Well said .

Sure it not buzz lightyear

That's a distinct possibility.

Or it could be Buzz Aldrin since the program seems to be lost in space right now...if not totally in the twilight zone.

Or it could be the mood sought by legions of longtime LV fans who are trying to drown tbeir sorrows in an alcohol-fueled stupor.

Or trying to block out the horror of that viral opening-game sequence against Vandy. That nightmare still induces cold sweats.

Bartender..three more rounds, and make them stiff ones.

Last edited:
Agree that if we don't make it in, that would already establish the walk of shame. Turning down other invites won't change that.

Also agree that we need the practice/ competition and that snubbing an alternative invite would be disrespectful to the game. It would send the arrogant message that we're too good to be an "also ran" even though that would be exactly the case. Better to suck it up and acknowledge the hole we've put ourselves in and work our way out. A healthy dose of humble pie can be great motivation (speaking from personal experience).

At first I agreed with those saying Pat wouldn't have accepted such a bid, but now it seems that the opposite argument is more persuasive. I'd like to think that Pat would have swalliwed her pride and put the game first even though being relegated to lower status would be humiliating.

It all may be a moot piint if Creme is right.

Agree that if we don't make it in, that would already establish the walk of shame. Turning down other invites won't change that.

Also agree that we need the practice/ competition and that snubbing an alternative invite would be disrespectful to the game. It would send the arrogant message that we're too good to be an "also ran" even though that would be exactly the case. Better to suck it up and acknowledge the hole we've put ourselves in and work our way out. A healthy dose of humble pie can be great motivation (speaking from personal experience).

At first I agreed with those saying Pat wouldn't have accepted such a bid, but now it seems that the opposite argument is more persuasive. I'd like to think that Pat would have swalliwed her pride and put the game first even though being relegated to lower status would be humiliating.

I'll have a moot pint...hold the Creme

Now that the women's tournaments are finished, and Creme still has them in as an eleven seed, last 4 in, I'd guess that the NCAAT streak will continue.

Now that the women's tournaments are finished, and Creme still has them in as an eleven seed, last 4 in, I'd guess that the NCAAT streak will continue.

Tournaments aren't over yet. Still games on through Sunday. But it does look like the main barriers to getting into the NCAAT have been cleared, so the streak should continue. Which is rather unbelievable, when you think of it. The women's tournament should probably go back to 32 teams if teams with losing conference records and no top 25 wins are still making the field.

Tournaments aren't over yet. Still games on through Sunday. But it does look like the main barriers to getting into the NCAAT have been cleared, so the streak should continue. Which is rather unbelievable, when you think of it. The women's tournament should probably go back to 32 teams if teams with losing conference records and no top 25 wins are still making the field.

Oops on my part. Shows how closely I've been following Women's basketball this year. I don't think NCAAWBB ever goes back to 32 no matter how bad it gets. That would probably cut into ESPN's TV revenue and let's face it, they helped grow the game as much as Pat and the LadyVols did.

If Missouri State or some other team than Drake was to win the Missouri Valley Conference this weekend, Drake would still go to the Tourney, so what team would be out in this case?

If Missouri State or some other team than Drake was to win the Missouri Valley Conference this weekend, Drake would still go to the Tourney, so what team would be out in this case?

Here is the problem with Missouri State SOS, 103 RPI 70 ? Not good

Here is the problem with Missouri State SOS, 103 RPI 70 ? Not good
Doesn't matter. They would get the automatic bid. Plus, they've already beaten Drake once this year so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Drake would still get an at large bid. There are probably a handful of schools that would be at risk of losing their own potential at large bid. Tennessee is definitely one of them, but it all depends on who the committee has as the last team in. Creme has Indiana, Buffalo, Tennessee and Ohio as the last 4 teams in. I think Indiana is in. They have a higher RPI than Tennessee and as many top 50 wins. I think Tennessee has a better resume than Buffalo or Ohio. One of these 2 may be getting in with an automatic bid from winning their tournament. So if that happens, then the margin becomes small if a team like Drake or Central Michigan doesn't win their tournament. If neither of them win and either Buffalo or Ohio wins their tournament, then it's likely that Tennessee is out.

That's a distinct possibility.

Or it could be Buzz Aldrin since the program seems to be lost in space right now...if not totally in the twilight zone.

Or it could be the mood sought by legions of longtime LV fans who are trying to drown tbeir sorrows in an alcohol-fueled stupor.

Or trying to block out the horror of that viral opening-game sequence against Vandy. That nightmare still induces cold sweats.

Bartender..three more rounds, and make them stiff ones.
Hahahaha

Doesn't matter. They would get the automatic bid. Plus, they've already beaten Drake once this year so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Drake would still get an at large bid. There are probably a handful of schools that would be at risk of losing their own potential at large bid. Tennessee is definitely one of them, but it all depends on who the committee has as the last team in. Creme has Indiana, Buffalo, Tennessee and Ohio as the last 4 teams in. I think Indiana is in. They have a higher RPI than Tennessee and as many top 50 wins. I think Tennessee has a better resume than Buffalo or Ohio. One of these 2 may be getting in with an automatic bid from winning their tournament. So if that happens, then the margin becomes small if a team like Drake or Central Michigan doesn't win their tournament. If neither of them win and either Buffalo or Ohio wins their tournament, then it's likely that Tennessee is out.

I think Buffalo will need to win their tournament they had a bad loss last week to Kent State

VN Store

Back